"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 07:15:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Where are all the caps?  (Read 3145 times)

Where are all the caps?
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:36:18 pm »

There are no caps in this economy, all the bank interest rates are negative. The vendors don't buy anything. Am I doing it wrong or are there people camping the vendors? Where are the caps? put some more in! I can't even afford a train ticket.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Where are all the caps?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:43:13 pm »

Metzger has all the caps.

No srsly.   

Even towns dont have so many caps.  (he give this to me for one slave run job)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:44:22 pm »

The caps are currently experiencing technical difficulties. This is the next important thing that needs fixing.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »

The caps are currently experiencing technical difficulties. This is the next important thing that needs fixing.
Then followers?   :D?!
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:53:16 pm »

TC has caps , but vendors sure not ... it makes sense if TC gives more but come on players need other sources of cash too :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:55:20 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:09:59 pm »

Try to sell junk at The Blades gang building, or sell spears at Junktown.

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 09:20:31 pm »

I'm sure you guys will do a good job with it when you get to it, but right now caps are scarce, which is kind of cool. I just thought people were camping vendors.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »

I'm sure you guys will do a good job with it when you get to it, but right now caps are scarce, which is kind of cool. I just thought people were camping vendors.

If caps were really scarce we'd be fine. There's a lot more caps being earned than spent, which is our problem.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »

.... mich got 10k caps from 1 slave run..... are you fuken with me.
maybe we all should just make slavers to make caps.
Roaming the waste again.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 09:36:18 pm »

.... mich got 10k caps from 1 slave run..... are you fuken with me.
maybe we all should just make slavers to make caps.

I think that its a pretty safe bet that this will be one of the first things brought under control.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:40:17 pm »

I think that its a pretty safe bet that this will be one of the first things brought under control.
What?  There is no reason to nerf it, it's all random.

Some raids only give 500 caps even if you do it all perfectly, some 1,000.  and if you lose even one slaver or all of them....  there is a serious risk to this quest.  if you fuck it up you lose a shitload of Reptuation with slavers, so you gotta work you way back up big time.

Hell half the slavers with me on that raid nearly died, I barely made that 10800 caps and almost lost a huge cut + reputation.

And after all this time, this is the FIRST time I've ever gotten such a big pay-out.

All the other times it's always been a 500-5,000 payout.

3000 and below being the norm.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 09:44:34 pm »

Then they can have non caps rewards swapped in.

Of course, we don't have the data for where all these caps are coming from, so it may not be a problem. We shall see.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:15 pm »

Then they can have non caps rewards swapped in.
like what, and why?

Of course, we don't have the data for where all these caps are coming from, so it may not be a problem. We shall see.
I don't understand this at all :P.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:53:30 pm »

There are not infinite caps, some sources are giving way too many out and leaving nothing in the system. That needs fixing.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:00:48 pm »

There are not infinite caps, some sources are giving way too many out and leaving nothing in the system. That needs fixing.
So you're trying to make EVERY resource (except encounters it would seem) a drainable resource?

And again, what would be the alternative resource to the slave run repeatable quest?  Because, honestly, anything else would be wrong.

reasons:   

1.  It is how slavers can afford mercenaries.  (hell you pretty much tied the two together with steel instead of yarn this era)
2.  It doesn't make sense to be paid anything else...  maybe jet, maybe.  but still, not JUST jet.
3.  Trying to make only resources for caps scrounging encounters and moving boxes and shovelling shit?  God please no, that's all boring (maybe encounters not so much but it's still mindless grinding).

Perhaps!  you could mix caps and jet together as a reward.  this way we still get our caps, but it is sensible we're given jet as we are slavers and control the slaves by drug addiction.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.