"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:22:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: new Silent Death, for HtH/melee only  (Read 1471 times)

JovankaB

new Silent Death, for HtH/melee only
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:24:48 am »

Current SD effect is rather simple (basically you do huge damage) and many people think it's OP.
I have a proposition to change it completely. Make it melee and unarmed and make it in a way
to allow people be real "silent assasins" with different playstyle not simple one-burst trololos.

"Unarmed and melee attacks from behind doesn't desneak you"

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:28:38 am by JovankaB »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: new Silent Death, for HtH/melee only
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:39:08 am »

If that's unarmed and melee only, you can even forget the "from behind". Or grand auto crit from behind, and only doesn't unsneak from front.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:42:21 am »

No offence, but will you change my silent death perk on my already leveled sg sneaker for another one (for example lifegiver)?
I guess not, so I can start leveling a new sneaker, two days of my and many others time wasted.

That means I am against this suggestion, make this perk useful somehow even for sg sneakers, I don't say it has to be overpowered (btw currently I'm probably the only one who thinks this perk is not overpowered).

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:50:24 am »

No offence, but will you change my silent death perk on my already leveled sg sneaker for another one (for example lifegiver)?
I guess not, so I can start leveling a new sneaker, two days of my and many others time wasted.

That means I am against this suggestion, make this perk useful somehow even for sg sneakers, I don't say it has to be overpowered (btw currently I'm probably the only one who thinks this perk is not overpowered).

I thought suggestions are about making game better not "will it destroy my build?!".
I started sneak burst too.

Now when I see some PvP ape alone in CA-tier armor and expensive gear they jump around like they had
some epilepsy, because they are afraid some SMG bluesuit will sneak behind them and one-burst kill.
Plus, the suicides in guarded towns. I don't really think it's such a great new value added to game, sorry.

People can argue about it in other thread, here comment my proposition please.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:57:22 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:20:44 am »

You know what, these things should have been taken in mind during cbt. I think there are more important bugs that need to be fixed, for example I can't aim shit because everything is blurred when I'm targetting. This thing bothers me, not SD perk. It's too easy to kill any sneaker if you are on your sneaker, no matter if he has LSW, insta-from-behind-P90 or laser. Silent death is good only against alone and visible and not moving target (or moving predictably).

PS: For more than a year we had artillery insta-kill mutant (or human) mercs, only thing you had to do was spawning your proxy in the middle of PvP player group. Since everyone had lots of money, it wasn't a problem to buy another pack when the first died. And now, we have a quite interesting feature for not more than a month and you want it out? I would at least give it a chance.

PS 2: ...and btw, without SD small gun sneaker will suck as it sucked before wipe  :-\
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:40:43 am by Kelin »

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:38:23 am »

I think there could still be a bonus to critical hits, like ignore armor crit mod, a 10-15% bonus crit chance or 10-15 bonus on the table roll... Or like the vanila version - final damage x2. 
As the name sugests it would not desneak only if the target was killed with the first hit.

avv

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 09:43:48 am »

Worst problem with the perk is that too many things in its power come from the build alone. Sneak300 is inbuilt and free invisibility. 3x brd + crit does insane ammount of damage with any weapon.

In cbt we only tested this with p90 and thought: "Well, it's p90, it deserves some power". Nobody tried or reported how the extremely cheap greasegun and 10mm smg did with the perk.

Take off the chance to crit a guy who sees you. If you're onehexing, he can see you so no crit should be given.

Wouldn't even hurt to have rifles and shotguns included in the perk. Pancor would finally be useful.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:06 am »

First things first.
If you want to make Silent Death for HtH, first our current SD must be made useful for them.
By that I mean changing this weird feature that let's everyone see sneaking character under 3 hexes, even if he's sneaking from behind and has 300 sneak.
Maybe let a sneaker approach 1 hex behind without being seen IF both his hands are empty/wielding HtH weapons?
Then, of course, not-desneaking would be a little OP. Needs discussion.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 12:55:04 pm »

Take off the chance to crit a guy who sees you. If you're onehexing, he can see you so no crit should be given.
This sounds reasonable.

Ok, what about this idea:
"Unarmed and melee attacks doesn't desneak you until you get hit"
plus for sg sneakers
"Small gun attacks from behind doesn't desneak you"

Since no sg weapon is strong enough to kill armored guy at one or two bursts I think this could bring so demanded balance to this perk, what do you think?

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 01:12:10 pm »

No, the very idea of the perk is OK, it just needs to do it some other way.
Imagine how badly AI could react to this, just for example.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 01:36:45 pm »

Just HtH/Melee/Throwing, one-handed weapons, no burst included, melee/HtH shouldnt desneak.
I think its good enough for a single PERK, dont make SD a new terminator/sniper/slayer perk that would completely change the character.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

avv

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 02:08:21 pm »

"Unarmed and melee attacks doesn't desneak you until you get hit"
plus for sg sneakers
"Small gun attacks from behind doesn't desneak you"

First one is pretty ok, but unarmed trolling is never good. Something else can be done to fix that though, like nerfing pure unarmed.

Second is op because 2x sneak critbursts from maxrange can do almost as much dmg as onehex critburst. It brings some balance that the first attack desneaks you. Ranged critburst from p90 can do pretty nasty damage. Remember, you got 24 hex range to perform the critburst.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:58 pm »

That's the point, I didn't say anything about critburst. Just regular dmg where only bonus you can have is bonus ranged damage perk, nothing more.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 02:30:49 pm »

Just HtH/Melee/Throwing, one-handed weapons, no burst included, melee/HtH shouldnt desneak.
I think its good enough for a single PERK, dont make SD a new terminator/sniper/slayer perk that would completely change the character.

If bursting turns out to need totally abandoning then this is what will happen (minus the not de-sneaking).

I guess requiring a silencer for SG to work in it might be something possible after any fixed version had had time to be tested.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.