"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:25:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Silent Death bursters  (Read 31828 times)

JovankaB

Re: Silent Death bursters
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2012, 11:29:33 pm »

There needed to be something to test for bypasses

Maybe armor deterioration?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

Something without totally re-writing how the critical table is made ;)

Luck is fine and won't change.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2012, 11:41:22 pm »

this wipe, become the game in the boring game

so sad

yeah   :'(
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:25 pm »

It makes no sense for anything else either. You don't use Pe to prevernt bypasses, you don't Endure past bypasses, etc.

Uncalled relies on luck more than anything else, which means it is generally only a problem with SD bursting (which was not a factor when I was designing the perks or the new table, because SD working with bursts is/was a bug).

Yes , i understand.

I know it was a bug , i was the first one to make a smg silent death sneaker and reported it , i suggested for it to stay as to test how powerful it really is , at the moment it was hard to understand the magnitude of it's potential due to bugged ammo types as well of incomplete build types and lack of knowledge , i didn't know that the only defence against bypasses is luck.

It is the counter point to getting lucky for a critical hit, you get lucky (or infact unlucky) that bullets found a weak spot. There needed to be something to test for bypasses, else it's very restricted.

The problem now there's hardly any counter against SD , hardly motion sensor and stick with the group if you have anyone besides you , yet some 10mm smg still has more range than sensor reveals sneakers and let's not talk about p90 in that case.

It's illogical for silent death to stay at this state , make some decisions and change it please , i think you will make some friends in this case :)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2012, 11:48:29 pm »

I'm pondering if GG needs to be toned down or if bursts working with SD needs fixing. Yet to be convinced 10mm SMGs and p90s are a problem.
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2012, 12:00:01 am »

Damage has been done , i mean people have already made builds specially for this perk , if fixed you will just delete a good feature of a perk that can be changed and adapted made viable that way. I think it's too obvious that everyone expects a readjustment not fix and if i give it a better thought i can't find a reason why not ?
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 12:30:14 am »

Can't bursts just stay how they are? Evil.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to make Silent Death single shot only. Would make the game a lot more exciting.

Question though: Does Silent Death also work with plasma pistols and grenades?
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2012, 12:44:33 am »

How about only 1st bullet o counts towards SD? Becouse you can aim first shot but rest just can't be aimed for weak spot. Rest of bullets is just "spray and pray"... So first bullet will be auto crit but others are normal with chance to crit. Not sure how it works now but you just can't get lucky with all bullets. It just never happen. Well maybe rarly... But definitly not every time you sneakyburst

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2012, 01:07:58 am »

There's no 100% armor bypassing even using Silent Death. Stop telling lies.
Maybe I should make some screens with my SD bursts and compare them to some BG bursts(non crits) and put them there.
I wasnt mentioning rate of bypasses but effect. Maybe YOU should hone reading skills.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2012, 01:13:55 am »

It doesn't bypass 100 percent of the armour either

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2012, 01:28:57 am »

DR/5 is final bypass right ? The idea is to soften the bypass effect, no the rate.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2012, 01:56:01 am »

magic comes back, the only problem is that all they need is a smg, if they get killed they lose nothing, make sneakers use something expensive if they want to turn sneak on. The other problem is picking up stuff, dunno how it works but should have turned sneak mode off.
also if it was up to me, I would make scanner reveal sneakers for user, this way he might shoot and cancel sneak mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2012, 08:04:30 am »

2x Damage == No bypass issue.

It's a clean and elegant solution with no strings attached.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2012, 09:10:21 am »

Don't dump luck = no bypass issue. That's not what I'm worried about really.

avv

« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2012, 11:19:18 am »

Remove the ability to onehex with silent death. That's what's doing crazy damage.

Nerfing greasegun won't help because 10mm smg is right next to it. In addition grease doesn't particularly shine outside silent death bursting.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:38:07 am by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 25 queries.