"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:06:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Silent Death bursters  (Read 31814 times)

Re: Silent Death bursters
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

Remove the ability to onehex with silent death. That's what's doing crazy damage.

Nerfing greasegun won't help because 10mm smg is right next to it. In addition grease doesn't particularly shine outside silent death bursting.

10mm smgs are pretty hard to get. but if you do nerf GG then make sure you ONLY nerf it for SD. it's fine for everything else.
About onehexing, by removing that you are killing SD for hth. so you would have to make it to only not work for bursting.

Either way if we do have to nerf (bah I hate that word) then don't nerf SD, nerf the weapons that cause the problem. Grease guns are extremely easy to get and easy for sneakers to use, so you would have to either make grease guns harder to get (hurts everyone) or lessen the burst damage (hurts everyone) or you could make the greasegun specifically work less well when used in sneak.

Either way it's a pretty delicate problem because we don't want SD to become usseles, and we don't want to kick everyone in the nuts who uses grease guns.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2012, 02:17:09 pm »

Don't dump luck = no bypass issue. That's not what I'm worried about really.
That's kinda false though. 5 luck and you still get your ass kicked pretty often. 10 and you prolly won't have enough HP to survive even a non bypass.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2012, 02:27:15 pm »

Not half the time in an infrequent event.

Anyway, I guess the simple fix would be stopping ranged weapons working from 1 hex and change GG to two handed (even if that requires suspension of disbelief a little).

I'll also crank up the negative modifers for sneak a bit.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »

How about only 1st bullet o counts towards SD? Becouse you can aim first shot but rest just can't be aimed for weak spot. Rest of bullets is just "spray and pray"... So first bullet will be auto crit but others are normal with chance to crit. Not sure how it works now but you just can't get lucky with all bullets. It just never happen. Well maybe rarly... But definitly not every time you sneakyburst
I like this solution.
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »

Not half the time in an infrequent event.

Anyway, I guess the simple fix would be stopping ranged weapons working from 1 hex and change GG to two handed (even if that requires suspension of disbelief a little).

Stopping ranged weapons working from 1 hex will allow for too easy defence against the sneaker - just rush him because his gun is useless from 1 hex...  or will it only work like that if the sneaker is actually sneaking?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:49:11 pm by brendan »
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »

I wasnt mentioning rate of bypasses but effect. Maybe YOU should hone reading skills.
Your sentence could be interpreted in different ways. I can read text but not your mind. Anyway...

Stopping ranged weapons working from 1 hex will allow for too easy defence against the sneaker - just rush him because his gun is useless from 1 hex...
Rushing would work only for people using HtH then :P
It's an idea we need to try though, no 1 hex shooting? Would also nerf biggunners a lot.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2012, 05:26:25 pm »

To rush them you'd be facing them and it wouldn't work anyway, so not sure what your point is.
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2012, 05:37:17 pm »

I mean when you rush him after he attacks. He won't have a chance if you stick to him as close as possible because he won't be able to use his weapon at 1 hex.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2012, 06:43:01 pm »

Oh right, I just meant not able to use SD from 1 hex

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »

Well anyway SD don't work for melee/unarmed because you are visible - Can you make it usable when on [sneak], nothing abusable there I think.
h
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2012, 12:11:01 am »

Hm, can you explain this? For the love of god, please don't make sneaker more visible again. Now is just as should be. Pre wipe sneakers detection was ridiculous. Now you done perfect job.
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2012, 12:19:00 am »

best solution imo is like solar has mentioned, remove the silent death affect from 1hex burst,. problem solved
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2012, 05:26:20 am »

best solution imo is like solar has mentioned, remove the silent death affect from 1hex burst,. problem solved

lol, no, then it doesn't work for melee or unarmed. that would be really dumb. the solution is to change burst being affected by SD in the first place.

SD should not apply to burst.
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2012, 10:07:57 am »

lol, no, then it doesn't work for melee or unarmed. that would be really dumb. the solution is to change burst being affected by SD in the first place.
Tankboy said "remove the silent death affect from 1hex burst" how would this affect melee or unarmed? do they burst?
I see no reason why one shouldn't be allowed to burst from a distance. 1hex burst in SD is a problem so let's just disable 1hex burst for SD, it's a simple script and it wouldn't affect melee or hth because they just don't burst.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:16:24 am by brendan »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:15 am »

TIME TO GET SOME BAN XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOLOLLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL
lolwtfrandom

runboy, wake up, is no fun to post wille drunk
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.