"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 07:26:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bags and Backpacks to increase carry weight.  (Read 7878 times)

desertfox2126

• Whats sup Gurl Pantz
Bags and Backpacks to increase carry weight.
« on: December 22, 2011, 05:12:24 am »

Seeing this game is by far the most hardcore mmo ive played, backpacks should be implemented in the game to increase carry weight. Different types of bags and in order for the bag to be used it needs to be in one of the hands

Bag        Carry Weight Added
Fanny Pack           1-3lbs
Hobo Bag              5-10lbs
Trash bag             10-25lbs
Duffel bag             10-35lbs
Back pack             35-50lbs
Combat Ruck         80lbs

Just throwing it out there. ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:13:09 am by desertfox2126 »

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Re: Bags and Backpacks to increase carry weight.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:17:02 pm »

This will actually be of much use especially that after wipe max possible carry weight will be 20 kilos less than now YET resources gonna respawn so you will need more carry weight especially if you are a loner (nothing do do with loner trait)

I support the idea on 95% (i dont like names of some sacks/backpacks) since i had this idea as well!

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

avv

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:28:18 pm »

It's okay idea. Some notes:

- There doesn't need to be so much variation. 2 or 3 bags is enough.

- They best work so that you just have one in inventory and it incrases CW. No opening bags, taking stuff in and out. Just makes things complicated.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wallace

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:35:40 pm »

True

It would be ok if there was a slot for it like for armor (it could actually decrease AC)

Roleplay!

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:29:48 pm »

- They best work so that you just have one in inventory and it incrases CW. No opening bags, taking stuff in and out. Just makes things complicated.
Yup. Then engine don't need much changes. If we do it with opening bags style then engine need more changes and updating engine takes forever for that..
2 bags max sounds good for me.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 11:18:33 pm »

I thought they already had the ability to open bags ingame already. I remember finding one in Gizmo's room after killing him in FO1 so why would the engine need any changing just to open a bag? Making it so it changes your carry weight might need some work though. I'm not sure how much work is required to make different bag graphics

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 11:30:18 pm »

I thought they already had the ability to open bags ingame already. I remember finding one in Gizmo's room after killing him in FO1 so why would the engine need any changing just to open a bag? Making it so it changes your carry weight might need some work though. I'm not sure how much work is required to make different bag graphics

It's still very buggy and can produce lots of exploits (sometimes items disappear in there, sometimes they get duplicated). I also agree with avv that it is a bit cumbersome to have the bags as seperate containers within your inventory. As the engine allows lots of new additional item slots in the inventory, creating one just for backpacks would be no biggy aswell. For the start, you don't even need additional graphics rendered on the character model - this can be done later.

desertfox2126

• Whats sup Gurl Pantz
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 11:26:36 am »

It's okay idea. Some notes:

- There doesn't need to be so much variation. 2 or 3 bags is enough.

i feel u for that, just figured the fanny pack (u know that little pouch ur dad always wore on family vacations) as more of a gag. but different bags that can be crafted and bought. but im also just throwing out ideas for the devs
True

It would be ok if there was a slot for it like for armor (it could actually decrease AC)
now that would be a good idea ;D then that would eliminate the need to have it in one of ur hands
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 12:20:10 pm »

Booo thumbs down.

desertfox2126

• Whats sup Gurl Pantz
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »

Booo thumbs down.
thankyou for taking the time out of your life to say that, thats about a min of ur life i own lol ;D

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 09:47:00 pm »

I also agree with avv that it is a bit cumbersome to have the bags as seperate containers within your inventory.
But bags allow posting nice array of explosives:d.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Wallace

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 02:22:09 am »

Booo thumbs down.

Why booing and thumbs downing Shonsu?

Roleplay!
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 10:45:08 pm »

Why booing and thumbs downing Shonsu?
To me we're already using a backpack.   I mean... how else are we carrying so much stuff?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 03:09:18 am »

To me we're already using a backpack.   I mean... how else are we carrying so much stuff?

.... can you fit a mini gun into your backpack?

its just a game. if we can carry alot its just this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGZvFZdVbk
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 05:23:46 am »

.... can you fit a mini gun into your backpack?

its just a game. if we can carry alot its just this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGZvFZdVbk

I was using backpack as a general term. Meaning we are already using some form of carrying device rather than putting things into our pockets.  We have a carry weight system.  What this generally means is that based on our strength there is only so much weight that we can carry.  A backpack doesn't lessen the weight of things.  Unless of course we want to add magic devices like a bag of holding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.