"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:43:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bags and Backpacks to increase carry weight.  (Read 7875 times)

Re: Bags and Backpacks to increase carry weight.
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 01:00:46 am »

Combat armor has backpack built in :)

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 10:17:15 am »

Great! You get a "Not-Reading-Previous-Posts" Award!

(...)see the skin of a guy/gal in BA/CA - they have backpacks already(...)

======================================

Here comes additional idea:

Pocket vests (or anything like it) - you place it into armor slot and it increases your carry weight (it would hawe like 0-10% DR of each type and 0-1 DT of each type

So it would give virtually no protection but but let you carry more - a decent trade off i'd say

Add a slot for backpack to it (while wearing it doesn't let you run) you become a very vulnerable packmule... Only walking pace with no protection in exchange for greater cw is still balanced imo

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 12:44:06 am »

I always used the bags/packs in FO1 as storage containers. good for organizing stuff, and dropping them where ever I was basing myself at the time. Would help keep a clean tent too. If I wanna go pvp, I could walk up to my pvp bag, pick it up, take-all, drop the bag, and head out. if I want to pve, there's a pack for that. crafting? There's a pack for that. It'd be even better if you could lock them up. faction crafters could make "Go-bags" for big ops, assigned to different people by keys. but then again that's what lockers are for.
Main Menu: Shift -> Credits

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 10:46:02 pm »

Necrobumping this thread.

Now that we have containers that can be picked up with Science (if empty), i'm sure there is a way to create such a container called Bag, which can be placed in inventory with Science (full with stuff you packed in).

It's just a issue with calculating weight.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 12:25:25 am »

This would actually be extremely useful.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 04:51:52 am »

+1
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »

So, I started using my non-existant brain when reading this through. I see the addition of back packs as a great way to alleviate one problem of characters not having the required amount of carry weight, thus making a bit less alts. Possibly, there could be no perks that give you carry weight, just back packs that can be crafted. And that's where the problems would start. If the back packs are very easy to get, a question arises, why not just raise the overall carry weight? If the back packs are hard to get, people are less likely to use them as nobody would want to lose something that they spent last hour trying to craft. In my opinion there should be no profession requirement for back pack crafting, in worst case scenario, you should need a bit in OD skill. In my opinion the additional carry weight should be just added and no "containers inside containers inside inventory". Let's not make this unnecessarily complex, shall we?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

JovankaB

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 01:36:07 pm »

Similar idea is an internal proposition since some time. But it probably won't happen before scripted GUI rework, so "soon" or later than "soon". If the interface rework would be taking too long (like 2 years) it may be done earlier though. But anyway, until something is really done, nothing is certain, so don't get overexcited.

What is planned is a special "accessory" slot for one extra item giving some passive bonus of special kind. Basically any part of gear that isn't armor or helmet. Could be a backpack giving bonus to CW, or glasses giving bonus to perception, rubber boots allowing you walk on green goo etc. It wouldn't represent any specific part of body, just a kind of extra gear that you don't have to hold in hands all the time and that isn't armor or helmet. At any time you could wear only one (if you have such item). You would have to make a dramatic choice ;) what kind of accessory is best worn in specific circumstances.

Here is a little mock-up of interface window with additional accessory slot:

One type of those accessories would be items giving bonus to CW. Purses, courier bags, military backpacks etc.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:18:51 pm by JovankaB »

Alvarez

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 02:54:51 pm »

One type of those accessories would be items giving bonus to CW. Purses, courier bags, military backpacks etc.

This is impressive.
So, the whole inventory in a bag can be dropped with single action, when unequipping the bag from the accessory slot?

JovankaB

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 03:43:26 pm »

This is impressive.
So, the whole inventory in a bag can be dropped with single action, when unequipping the bag from the accessory slot?

Technically speaking, all the carried stuff won't be in the bag, it was supposed to just give bonus to CW. But now, when I think about it, maybe it's not a bad idea to drop everything if you drop the bag directly from the slot. Although I think you should be able to drop all items anyway.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:45:00 pm by JovankaB »

Mike Crosser

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »

Similar idea is an internal proposition since some time. But it probably won't happen before scripted GUI rework, so "soon" or later than "soon". If the interface rework would be taking too long (like 2 years) it may be done earlier though.
Not to sounds like a moron on this one but you might want to ask a few players to help you with this one.
Since many of them have made modified interfaces in the past that look pretty good.
Couldn't hurt imo.

JovankaB

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »

Not to sounds like a moron on this one but you might want to ask a few players to help you with this one.
Since many of them have made modified interfaces in the past that look pretty good.
Couldn't hurt imo.

The GUI rework is a huge scripting job, it's not about the look but about how the things work "under the hood".
One of those things that players can't see directly, but it will make things much better for developers, and in the
result it will hopefully allow many new things that players can see to be done much easier, faster and better.

If it was about modifying interface picture and updating .ini I could do it myself in one evening.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:43:00 pm by JovankaB »

Alvarez

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 09:19:56 pm »

Technically speaking, all the carried stuff won't be in the bag, it was supposed to just give bonus to CW. But now, when I think about it, maybe it's not a bad idea to drop everything if you drop the bag directly from the slot. Although I think you should be able to drop all items anyway.

So, we're speaking here about a item which modifies the CW and a mechanism to generate a cratelike Bag item on the ground, with the contents of the player's inventory?
(When Bag is unequipped from accessories slot and dropped on the ground)

Just dumping the inventory on the ground as "Drop All" function could be certainly a option, too, but yet...
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 09:30:53 pm »

Mike Crosser

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 09:33:40 pm »

Hmm the second one seems more practical.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.