"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 07:44:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bags and Backpacks to increase carry weight.  (Read 7879 times)

desertfox2126

• Whats sup Gurl Pantz
Re: Bags and Backpacks to increase carry weight.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 05:56:51 am »

I was using backpack as a general term. Meaning we are already using some form of carrying device rather than putting things into our pockets.  We have a carry weight system.  What this generally means is that based on our strength there is only so much weight that we can carry.  A backpack doesn't lessen the weight of things.  Unless of course we want to add magic devices like a bag of holding.

no but backpacks do ease barring a load, so in a sense it could increase the carry weight in the game
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 06:17:11 am »

I would like to see this implemented, think it is a really good idea all arround (being a miner gets kinda painfull when you dont have pack rat or high STR). They could add it as some sort of implant you can take to permanently increase your carry weight without affecting your strength.

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 07:46:37 am »

If you want more carryweight without using a perk or SPECIAL points just take a buffout.  CW is fine as it is.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 09:40:58 am »

If you want more carryweight without using a perk or SPECIAL points just take a buffout.  CW is fine as it is.

Well some people just have their carry weight high to be a way of life in FO (including me) and buffout only works until ST of 10. Others dont have enough cw for some basic resources manipulation or mining to do crafting effectively. That's why i thought of devices (backpacks) that would allow to carry more. And i proposed some consequences for such feature being availible (lowering AC, not letting run)

Maybe just havng backpack would let you "overweight" yourself not letting you move faster than the walking pace...

For me that would be pretty balanced... What think you?

EDIT: after wipe max possible (converted) cw will be decreased by 21 kilos
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:42:45 am by Wallace »

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 11:06:43 am »

I have idea for balance, and eliminating combat exploits (which i think is the main issue, cause implementing backpacks as a normal item, will bring more 1st alts):

you can use backpack in slot of armor. And the, item adds you carryweight. This way, you simply cannot fight (or its really painful) while hauling.
The additional advantage of this solution is: opponent can see you wearing backpack( awareness), and that gives info about your purpose on particular location.

Wallace

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 11:26:36 am »

That would do well for balance (this is part were your idea is good...) but would not make much sense (...this is part where it's bad)

Armors aren't that bulky that you could not wear backpack on them (see the skin of a guy/gal in BA/CA - they have backpacks already)

That's why i was suggesting AC loss or inability to run to make someone wearing backpack combat inapable

Roleplay!

JovankaB

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 04:22:55 pm »

There is such temporary backpack in game already, it's called "Buffout" :)
Or beer + NPC follower. They have quite large CW.

Maybe some backpacks wouldn't be bad but trading carry weight for speed isn't that great, because if you could carry two times more for travelling 2 times slower, the outcome would be you could transport the same amount of goods in the same time.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:33:28 pm by JovankaB »

Wallace

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »

There is such temporary backpack in game already, it's called "Buffout" :)
Or beer + NPC follower. They have quite large CW.

Maybe backpacks wouldn't be bad but trading carry weight for speed isn't that great, because if you could carry two times more for travelling 2 times slower (no ability to run), the outcome would be you could transport the same amount of goods in the same time.

Uh huh... How much posts did you read before posting this? 2? Or just mine? Read again dangnit as i wrote something on buffout

As for the followers - i don't like some tangling npc folower rags getting in my way... i'd rather put a rag on my back finely crafted into a backpack first

Roleplay!

desertfox2126

• Whats sup Gurl Pantz
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 11:02:01 pm »

Well some people just have their carry weight high to be a way of life in FO (including me) and buffout only works until ST of 10. Others dont have enough cw for some basic resources manipulation or mining to do crafting effectively. That's why i thought of devices (backpacks) that would allow to carry more. And i proposed some consequences for such feature being availible (lowering AC, not letting run)

Maybe just havng backpack would let you "overweight" yourself not letting you move faster than the walking pace...

For me that would be pretty balanced... What think you?

EDIT: after wipe max possible (converted) cw will be decreased by 21 kilos

i agree with not running that seem like a fair trade off, and if the cw is getting lower by 21 kilos then there would be some sort of need for bags

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 07:46:24 am »

First of all "Carry weight" is one of a characters parameters and accountings in builds. So it is not that really need changes.

Secondly it will be much bugged.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 09:54:40 am »

no, it will not be that bugged

if we whant inv items to have an effect just make the comand
for(ech inv item 1 by one)
if(there is backpack)
   param CW=base formua+x
else
   param CW=base formula
if(other tipe of backpack, or item, like sunglases)
   param CH=base formula+1
else
   param CH=base formula

Wallace

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 10:38:48 am »

First of all "Carry weight" is one of a characters parameters and accountings in builds. So it is not that really need changes.

Secondly it will be much bugged.

1) But the wipe will change it... I just don't want it to change on the worse side (as well as plenty other players i believe)

2) It won't be bugged as Surf clarified it already:

(...) As the engine allows lots of new additional item slots in the inventory, creating one just for backpacks would be no biggy aswell. For the start, you don't even need additional graphics rendered on the character model - this can be done later.

Roleplay!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »

^This. 

For the most part I only have CW problems when I'm on a PvP guy.  Or when trying to transfer large amounts of items from one place to another I guess, but I don't think it's worth implementing for those reasons.

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »

^This. 

For the most part I only have CW problems when I'm on a PvP guy.  Or when trying to transfer large amounts of items from one place to another I guess, but I don't think it's worth implementing for those reasons.

That's a reason to consider it in your character build.

Wallace

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 06:28:10 pm »

That's a reason to consider it in your character build.

Cosider WHAT!?

Write more clearly

EDIT:
^This. 

May i remind you thatafter wipe resources will be spawned so in order to get some fair amount as a loner you'll need much cw for having a chance of grabbing them before PvP apes will get back to that place to guard respawn...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:35:47 pm by Wallace »

Roleplay!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.