"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:18:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Demolitioning Assassin  (Read 1832 times)

Demolitioning Assassin
« on: December 11, 2011, 11:40:21 pm »

Hello everyone!
Currently, I'm the newest member around here and this is my first post and question this forum.

I've got an idea of creating a character capable of SNEAKING up to its prey undetected, PUTTING a Dynomite in his/her inventory and silently running away. I want to see experienced and/or good thinking players opinions about this.

Playing around with the Character Planner I managed to get this:

Level 21

ST 6  PE 10  EN 4  CH 3  IN 10  AG 6  LK 1

Traits:
Good Natured
Skilled

Perks:
Demolition Expert
Ghost
Harmless
Silent Running
Thief

Skills:
Sneak 211%
Steal 212%
Traps 200%
Science 120%

What could or should be changed, improved?
We work in the dark to serve the light. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Re: Demolitioning Assassin
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:39 am »

Skills:
Sneak 211%
Steal 212%
Traps 200%
Science 120%

Demolition Expert
Ghost take on level 8
Harmless
Silent Running take on lvl 6
Thief i'm sure there are better choices than this , maybe only if you take it the last.

Alright but you need a weapon skill to level up this , because traps skills is arguably a weapon skill that doesn't provide weaponry , umm some dynamite and .... dynamite.

So yeah , you must sacrifice something for one of SG/BG/EW skills at least to 100 , otherwise leveling will be very very long and mentally traumatizing action.

If you don't plan to carry much stuff , pick small frame instead of good natured +1 special point.

btw don't think so this character will be very successful or could be , since 200 sneak + ghost is very visible and even steal skill lacks some perks if i am correct for it to be useful and steal should be maxed out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:07:40 am by T-888 »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 01:20:59 am »

Efficient build only against AFK players
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:26:39 am »

If I remeber well, the stuffs to craft dynamite is very heavy, so imo I don't think is good get Small Frame.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:32:57 am »

Lol, please kill yourself now!  Search the forums for how to delete self :)
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:35:59 am »

Efficient build only against AFK players

:)

I'd suggest you don't bother with sneak.
Just get steal to 270 (with harmless at the least; thief/master thief optional)
Get pickpocket

Tag:
Thief / Outdoorsman (the detonator parts are far away ;) / Traps

Just steal from holy people and get outdoorsman exp to lvl up.

As you won't be doing much except plant tnt on players and/or enclave, you won't be needing many hitpoints or actionpoints. So get the essential stats for carryweight, skillpoints and perhaps stylish hitpoint amount (9 STR, 1EN = 66 hp -> example). Oh yes... and enough agility or whatever to take the perks you might desire.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:36:36 pm »

Alright but you need a weapon skill to level up this , because traps skills is arguably a weapon skill that doesn't provide weaponry , umm some dynamite and .... dynamite.

So yeah , you must sacrifice something for one of SG/BG/EW skills at least to 100 , otherwise leveling will be very very long and mentally traumatizing action.

If you don't plan to carry much stuff , pick small frame instead of good natured +1 special point.

btw don't think so this character will be very successful or could be , since 200 sneak + ghost is very visible and even steal skill lacks some perks if i am correct for it to be useful and steal should be maxed out.

Thief i'm sure there are better choices than this , maybe only if you take it the last.

I was getting it last. Those 10% in four (three needed) skills become, obviously, an enormous amount of SP.

Well, you may notice that I had risen my Science to 120% for Demolition Expert [2] profession so I kinda was planning on carrying quite some stuff and that trait seemed to give me absolutely no minuses since I wasn't planning on using those combat skills not to mention that options for traits are rather narrow.

I'm trying to figure out how to create something effective out of this idea of mine. What SNEAK and STEAL % are considered as useful?

Get pickpocket

Tag:

Just steal from holy people and get outdoorsman exp to lvl up.

As you won't be doing much except plant tnt on players and/or enclave, you won't be needing many hitpoints or actionpoints. So get the essential stats for carryweight, skillpoints and perhaps stylish hitpoint amount (9 STR, 1EN = 66 hp -> example). Oh yes... and enough agility or whatever to take the perks you might desire.

Get pickpocket

Ya, I was keeping that option in mind. Pickpocket needs 8 Agi which kinda sucks.

Tag:

Oh, you mean Steal/Outdoorsman/Traps? That sounds like a quite fair idea! I'll keep that in mind.

I must admit, I like the way you think. :) With En at 1 I could put 2 into Agi, 1 leftover to Str (for more carry weight) and take Master Thief perk (with some SP spendage to LP) instead of Ghost or Silent Running. Although, I could find myself getting one-shotted by... anything or anyone.
We work in the dark to serve the light. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 01:49:22 am »

1.  No point in trying to make such build as they stopped the supply of detonator parts without any explanation.

2.  You need max sneak, and T-888, have you ever made such a build?  It's extremely easy to level these up by just crafting right now due to lowered cooldowns.  And even beforehand it wasn't terrible, and weapon skill was unnecessary.

3.  This build IS possible.  But it is extremely dedicated, and general damage will be shit.  The only way you'll get sufficient kills is by planting alone, otherwise you'll do maybe 50 damage to BA.  (if you fixed your build up to 300% sneak which is absolutely necessary).

4.  9 times out of 10 you'll prolly get bursted or some shit before you can possible click the dynamite to begin moving it to victim's inventory.  (unless you like fucking with nubs in NCR)

5.  For big-time pvp, this isn't very good, because everyone will always be on alert, and will insta-shoot you the moment they see you.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 02:09:28 pm »

1.  No point in trying to make such build as they stopped the supply of detonator parts without any explanation.

That's a strong conclusinionary argument, but who are "they"?

2.  You need max sneak, and T-888, have you ever made such a build?  It's extremely easy to level these up by just crafting right now due to lowered cooldowns.  And even beforehand it wasn't terrible, and weapon skill was unnecessary.

No, I haven't. Good to know that leveling is possible!

3.  This build IS possible.  But it is extremely dedicated, and general damage will be shit.  The only way you'll get sufficient kills is by planting alone, otherwise you'll do maybe 50 damage to BA.  (if you fixed your build up to 300% sneak which is absolutely necessary).

About 300% sneak... I was thinking alot about such a posability and I've made a conclusion.

4.  9 times out of 10 you'll prolly get bursted or some shit before you can possible click the dynamite to begin moving it to victim's inventory.  (unless you like fucking with nubs in NCR)

Ya, I agree. I was wondering if sneak perhaps could help me out of that.
Well my plans for this char aren't only to fuck noobs up  :-X

5.  For big-time pvp, this isn't very good, because everyone will always be on alert, and will insta-shoot you the moment they see you.

Well then, I guess I'll have to be very careful ;)

I've decided to Split this idea into 2 chars.
One will be a Science/Repair/Traps crafter char and the other one will be a Sneak/Traps/Throwing (decided to throw throwing into the game ^^). I overthought it many times and saw many reasons why my first idea wouldn't work. It was difficult to choose between steal and sneak, but even if I can't put a dynamite into one's pocket I can always lay it before one's feet. I find a "run or go boom" situation being rather attractive :P
I'll still have to think about perk choices and char points. Traits aren't such a big problem. The FCP has been updated...

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 02:22:09 pm »

The FCP has been updated...
Old version still available if ya want. Just check the topic.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 02:38:53 pm »

Old version still available if ya want. Just check the topic.

Hm... Oh ya, it is. Thx for the notice!

avv

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 03:10:43 pm »

Just checking but Raveren, did you know that no matter the sneak and PE of the enemy you will be seen from 3 hex away even if you're behind of them? So you will never manage to sneak behind someone, plant the dynamite and escape without being seen by the victim.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 04:46:56 pm »

Alright but you need a weapon skill to level up this , because traps skills is arguably a weapon skill that doesn't provide weaponry ,
No, you don't. You just need a lot of dynamites (which also give exp when crafted). Then you go to blow up groups like Unity Patrols with a buddy that picks up the loot. One patrol was between 1.000 and 2.000 exp points. I know few people who leveled their bombers this way really fast (and got loads of loot from killed patrols).

However, there are other problems which were mentioned:
- you are always visible when 3 hexes or closer to the opponent,
- 200 traps + demolition expert will not give damage you need (at least with dynamite - plastic explosives would easily kill 90% players in BA, but they are not available atm),
- problems with getting detonator parts.

The conclusion is pretty simple: bombers are useful only for killing random people in towns (mostly in those guarded by NPCs) for the lulz.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:57 pm »

Wow, I didn't know about the 3 hex thing. That can be pretty dangerous!  :o Thanks for informing guys.

problems with getting detonator parts.

Could someone please explain what are those problems? (I'm new to this version of Fallout series  :-[ )

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:56 pm »

Could someone please explain what are those problems? (I'm new to this version of Fallout series  :-[ )
In this game, an "ingredient" to making dynamite is purchasing detonator parts from a miner in redding.  (cant remember the name)

However, out of no where, and for no apparent reason, the Staff of 2238 (A dev or GM) has shut down the sale of the item through the NPC. (prolly a gm raging about having gotten bomb/planted on another char or one of friends but oh well :P)

So you're screwed  ;D
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.