"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 02:12:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Bonus move" in real time.  (Read 3458 times)

"Bonus move" in real time.
« on: November 02, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »

Every level of bonus move allows you to regen 2 AP even while moving in real time.

Thoughts? is it possible?

*Edit* Also, change the name to "Run & gun", and perhaps use the fast shot icon if you want, since that's still what it lets you do in TB, move around easier while still shooting..

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:42:27 pm by Ulrek »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Re: "Bonus move" in real time.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:04:14 pm »

Izual, you were suggesting making another topic for RT bonus move, so this link is useless (and confusing too).

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 12:26:38 pm »

There was a small debate about Bonus Move in RT there, so I linked it for information of this topic's readers.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 12:48:49 pm »

Ohh, ok. I tought u were saying 'there was similar suggestion, stop make topics'.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 02:14:49 pm »

Imho, perks like bonus ranged damage or toughness, which are already used, would still be better.
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 05:03:11 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=19102.0

Another must have perk , more alts due to the existing ones already mini-maxed as much as possible.

I wanted this feature to be implemented without restrictions of perks and shit , but people didn't understand the big picture.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:20:50 pm »

Here we go again... stop crying about 'your' suggestion. Its immature. yeah, youre the only one who see 'big picture', but stick to the topic.
In your topic u were punching people who were suggesting anything about 'bonus move', for offtop. So be consequent, and restrict your own rules. You have something about Bonus Move in RT? Leave it here.

I dont know if is good idea to buff this perk.
It works perfectly in TB combat (yes Izual, it works and there are beast chars out there, who take it twice and own in ambushes), so giving a little addition in RT wont be a problem, but honestly: this perk is GREAT for special build. So buffing it, will buff some character, which take it either would be buffet, or not.

Remember, every perk could be USEFULL or NOT. there is no third option, because of calculations. So if perk would be USEFULL in RT, some players would take it twice. And that could became a little unbalanced. Twice more unbalanced, than with 'normal' perks.
In Izual's topic, were talk about group of perks. I have nothing against Bonus Move as a TB perk, nothing more.

And, is there any definite suggestion about how that perk will work in RT? I mean, exact numbers, and formulas.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:26:29 pm »

I would calculate it roughly around this:

1 bonus move perk = 25% action point regen while moving.
2 bonus move perk = 50% action point regen while moving.

The percentages are cut from whatever the speed of current max action point is.

This is rough, but I think this perk has potential in Real Time with this effect.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 10:55:19 pm »

I said didn't " understand " the big picture , you saw it but didn't accept it for obsolete reasons.

I would calculate it roughly around this:

1 bonus move perk = 25% action point regen while moving.
2 bonus move perk = 50% action point regen while moving.

The percentages are cut from whatever the speed of current max action point is.

This is rough, but I think this perk has potential in Real Time with this effect.

Alright sounds fine , but i have a question for thread maker that can concern your idea.

Ulrek do you want bonus move perk to allow a fixed amount of action points to be regenerated without any speed penalty or the Michaelh version ? It does matter , you didn't make a precise enough description about your suggestion , no offense.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:57:34 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 11:36:52 pm »

Ulrek do you want bonus move perk to allow a fixed amount of action points to be regenerated without any speed penalty or the Michaelh version ? It does matter , you didn't make a precise enough description about your suggestion , no offense.

I listed exactly what it would do, every Bonus move perk you take lets you regen 2 AP even while walking or running, at the cost of making you more squishy because you might not take something else that helps with defense because of it. (I'm not offended but i didn't type anything else other then the changes i suggested, what didn't you understand about it if i might ask?)

The 25% thing would be a bit OP if spammed for a sniper i think, but it could also work, i just think capping it at the max APs you can have while running around like a scout in TF2 should be 4-5, to prevent anyone other then 1h users from kiting really well.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:40:58 pm by Ulrek »

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 08:16:05 am »

Well okay, I make a melee char who constantly runs around for someone who can shoot, run whilst waiting to shoot again? That sounds like PvP in AC where all archers/mages did was skip around to kite melee users. Maybe I understand this wrong. Sorry for thread necromancy.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:18:25 am by Y0ssarian »
power
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 09:08:34 am »

You cant run and shoot simultaneously so that probem will never exist. As a sniper, you can run around to recharge your APs, but if you want to shoot u have to stop, and your character is performing shoot animation.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 03:11:34 am »

You cant run and shoot simultaneously so that probem will never exist. As a sniper, you can run around to recharge your APs, but if you want to shoot u have to stop, and your character is performing shoot animation.

Actually only a gunslinger with Brof would be dangerous, since you can only regen 4 AP max while running, that's one aimed shot to the leg for example, it's not perfect, but HtH's are a cheaper build then a guy running around with a gun, that's the entire idea behind it.

-Ulrek-

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:20:40 pm »

Geez, just make movement speed scale with action points (with bonus move factored in) and call it done. Seriously it works like that in turnbased.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.