"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 03:19:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Action point regeneration.  (Read 7275 times)

Action point regeneration.
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »

This is a suggestion that could give more variation to the current combat system we use , but i am not sure if it can be implemented with current engine , anyway i don't see the harm to suggest this and find out , simply put if a developer tells us this is impossible to implement then it is impossible , if a developer doesn't tell us anything then it is possible and maybe they will consider this or not , well if this isn't planned or considered we will probably gonna know about it , but i am willing to take these odds.

Real time mode presented as CTB , continues turn based by the fallout tactics developers in witch everyone can act at the same time, and action points are regenerated at a rate based on Agility , in fonline it is based on action points if i am not mistaken. Being more specific we regenerate a fixed amount of action points based on our maximum action point count , only if we aren't doing any actions picking up items , opening doors , shooting , reloading etc. etc. well you all know how RT goes now.

So my suggestion is to allow actions points to regenerate at a decreased speed while running and walking.

I will not give a exact number how much , there is where this community comes in , if this will be somewhat accepted we can all discuss about specifics.

I don't want to make some poll , want you to actually write if you like this idea because mostly people write what they don't like , this may waste a possibly good suggestion.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:32:09 pm by T-888 »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Action point regeneration.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:29:16 pm »

Poor unarmed characters.  :'(
Wouldn't this also just make snipers more powerful since they could shoot from 50 hexes, then walk/run away while still reloading APs, so that the enemy can never get into range?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:40:33 pm »

Wouldn't this also just make snipers more powerful since they could shoot from 50 hexes, then walk/run away while still reloading APs, so that the enemy can never get into range?

It doesn't make anyone more powerful it gives more utility to everyone , not only snipers imagine a big gunner chasing a sniper with avenger minigun in his hands while he is in range. This exact scenario you are describing , it's called guerilla tactics , not exactly but similar. Therefore more variations in combat and if we would make the AP regeneration while running and walking " balanced " you know get it right it wouldn't make such a big deal you think.

About unarmed characters , the solution is to increase the range witch they can hit a target and or decrease the actions points of enemy target when hit by unarmed or a melee hit therefore balancing this feature. Would make it interesting if an unarmed character gets into range he could still chase, regenerate action points and hit. Even more variation in combat.

This all requires work , i know that but the game has so much potential i can't even grasp it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:45:32 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »

AP regeneration is based on AP and not on AG, because Jet and Action Boy perk would be useless then, as it would give you only starting APs.
And AP regenerating while moving was suggested already and of course it wasn't good idea, because:
They're already not so good to play, as enemy can always simply run away from you, with this suggestion he won't only run away, but also will shoot you from time to time.
I think removing APs while moving is much better ^_^ And Bonus Move perk could affect it somehow in RT.
Because of removing APs while moving, it could regenerate much faster than now.
And of course impossibility to run when you have 0 APs left, only walk, and no AP degeneration when walking.
But again, then unarmed/melee won't do anything, if they will chase thier target, they will have no AP to do something with it.
This suggestion won't affect SG/BG/EW/Throwers much as they all will suffer (well bursters will suffer more), and will nerf unarmed/melee only.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:03 pm »

AP regeneration is based on AP and not on AG, because Jet and Action Boy perk would be useless then, as it would give you only starting APs.

Thank you for clarifying it for me.

And AP regenerating while moving was suggested already and of course it wasn't good idea, because:They're already not so good to play, as enemy can always simply run away from you, with this suggestion he won't only run away, but also will shoot you from time to time.
I think removing APs while moving is much better ^_^ And Bonus Move perk could affect it somehow in RT.
Because of removing APs while moving, it could regenerate much faster than now.
And of course impossibility to run when you have 0 APs left, only walk, and no AP degeneration when walking.
But again, then unarmed/melee won't do anything, if they will chase thier target, they will have no AP to do something with it.

This suggestion won't affect SG/BG/EW/Throwers much as they all will suffer (well bursters will suffer more), and will nerf unarmed/melee only.

Unarmed of melee weapons shouldn't ever be as powerful as a gun , they were exceptionally weaker in all fallout series so i don't see the point of changing that. Read my previous post i told it how it could be somehow balanced.

The bold part is useless you stated an argument and answered it by yourself , that wouldn't help unarmed or melee characters at any way.

This would make the game more tactical if snipers have a good position on a clear field it wouldn't be just so easy as to rush from one side. More variation in combat.

If someone wants 2238 combat to be more interesting they should find reasons why it should be implemented rather than telling why it is not good and not finding solutions.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:07:35 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 11:18:46 pm »

Unarmed of melee weapons shouldn't ever be as powerful as a gun , they were exceptionally weaker in all fallout series so i don't see the point of changing that. Read my previous post i told it how it could be somehow balanced.
They shouldn't be powerful if they don't consume resources and don't deteriorate (spears, knives, etc.), but unarmed/melee weapon which deteriorates and has ammo could be compared to ranged weapon.

About unarmed characters , the solution is to increase the range witch they can hit a target and or decrease the actions points of enemy target when hit by unarmed or a melee hit therefore balancing this feature. Would make it interesting if an unarmed character gets into range he could still chase, regenerate action points and hit. Even more variation in combat.
Force Ki Punch on 5 hexes? Magic ass kick on 10 hexes? I don't understand.
About "decrease AP when hit with unarmed/melee", you 1st need to reach him.. he would simply run away from you, ok, you hit him once, then while you'll play your punch animation, he'll be far away from you on >2 hexes and you will never do it again.

Also I can understand your AP regeneration while moving. I once was making one shooter/arcade map for wc3, the combat system was almost similar to current FOnline. We were testing with friend fighting with each other, and we noticed that it's really boring and looks stupid to stand on one place and wait till APs regenerate to fight again, it looked so retarded that I made what you right now suggested, regenerate APs on decreased speed while moving, there it worked, because ranged characters had much less movement speed than melee, here in FOnline, everyone moves at the same speed. You suggested to make melee/unarmed not melee, by increasing thier range? What is it then? Short ranged infinite-ammo snipers?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:30:48 pm »

They shouldn't be powerful if they don't consume resources and don't deteriorate (spears, knives, etc.), but unarmed/melee weapon which deteriorates and has ammo could be compared to ranged weapon

Melee weapons are called melee weapons for a reason it is meant for close combat the same goes for unarmed , so your argument is in denial with itself. So it deteriorates and has ammo how it makes it the same as a sniper rifle or avenger minigun , does your ripper or arm shoot bullets ?

Force Ki Punch on 5 hexes? Magic ass kick on 10 hexes? I don't understand.
About "decrease AP when hit with unarmed/melee", you 1st need to reach him.. he would simply run away from you, ok, you hit him once, then while you'll play your punch animation, he'll be far away from you on >2 hexes and you will never do it again.

I said specifics can be discussed not trolled.

At least 1 or 2 hexes increased range could do the trick fine. About reaching the target it is the same issue as right now , while the punch animation is made he won't get very far don't over exaggerate , if he wants to shoot again he has to stop and you will be able to hit him again , you over exaggerate again it won't be " never again ".

Maybe unarmed , melee hits could force targets to walk only for a period of time. This for forcing players to walk when hit by unarmed or melee hits , could be implemented without this suggestion.There is a solution for everything ALWAYS , only sometimes it is easier to think of it.

You suggested to make melee/unarmed not melee, by increasing thier range? What is it then? Short ranged infinite-ammo snipers?

Already explained and found a solution.

We can find solutions and ways how to balance and make this game much more better if we discuss not only deny , when the fuck , people will understand that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:37:32 pm by T-888 »

Cold_Fusion

• Energy Weapons Maniac
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 09:44:08 am »

Yup, it would finally make HtH combat somewhat balanced.
With Bonus move "yellow" action points regenerating separately and being used for movement only, so that even when normal ones are used up, these will enable movement and also these being used for movement first, before normal ones. Doesn't seem hard to implement, since every 2 "yellow" APs regenerate only once per turn and are independent from total APs, so they always have the same regen rate.
(I know I'm repeating myself a lot within those couple sentences, just wanted to make my point of view clear for everyone).

;)
-= It was the cleansing of the planet. The inattention by those who came before caused the holy fires. It was justice. =-

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:39:43 am »

how about a new AP bar, called movement bar. if the MP bar has MP in it the AP bar recahrges normaly, if it is deapbled by moving/ running and the AP will not recharge

the max MP can be determinated by END, so 4 end snipers will not be able to shot and run like a 10 end BGner tank

and here some use to bonus move perk

avv

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 11:21:17 am »

Long range fighters would benefit most for sure because they would get few free shots if there's enough room to keep running. Unarmed would be even more pointless but it's already pointless beyond saving.

In the end ap regen while moving wouldn't be that big deal, it would mostly affect small group and rambo pvp anyway.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 12:52:00 pm »

;)

Sure it will until guys with guns gonna start using bonus move perk in real time. Pointless change.

:)

how about a new AP bar, called movement bar. if the MP bar has MP in it the AP bar recahrges normaly, if it is deapbled by moving/ running and the AP will not recharge

I don't see the reason for this movement bar. What it will bring to the 2238 combat system ? As far as i understand it would be just a limitation towards fast paced pvp , hey no offense we could then just disable running while in combat , this place would become more like requiem and some tla , yuck!

Long range fighters would benefit most for sure because they would get few free shots if there's enough room to keep running. Unarmed would be even more pointless but it's already pointless beyond saving.

In the end ap regen while moving wouldn't be that big deal, it would mostly affect small group and rambo pvp anyway.

Nobody has even asked me specific numbers , the rate at witch you regenerate action points while running. I have come up that it could be 1/4 speed of the current action points , for example if you have 12 action points you regenerate AP's while running as you had 3 points. So those snipers would have to run for a quite a while to get " free shots " , fallout maps aren't just big fields with no cover after all , i don't think someone specificly will benefit from it as i said it's just a utility for everyone.

Well i gave possible solutions to save unarmed right now , without even implementing this suggestion , it is not beyond saving. I think i have to make another suggestion for those features to be seen and acknowledged.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:54:29 pm by T-888 »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 06:33:37 pm »

Implement stun, dash and slowing punches : - D. We would have real ninja wastelanders not like now punching bluesuiters.
And for real statement - unarmed& melee are only good with camping small building and can be used in TC ut they would need to outnumber enemies with BG or it would be useless shit.
Next thing is that some weapons still are like water weapons or work like stick and stones.
Moreover some dashing punches/attacks with melee weapons should be implemented to have CHANCE to hit enemy in open area(in closed area it would make it more funny but teleporting guys would not be easy to make).
h
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 06:45:58 pm »

AP bar for movement would bring RT closer to TB which I think is one thing that would be good.
About unarmed and melee as others said their damage should be made more massive. Hitting someone with a sledge should have a greater chance for KO but should always knock back at least. Knives and spears should do a lot of damage too why cause with a gun you shoot straight so an armor should be able to defend but a circular motion with a blade could be able to go in between the holes of the armors and it should be easier then with shooting. Same goes to (spiked) knuckles.
Melee should be able to kill even a combat armor guy with 2-3 attacks (without critical hits). And it wouldn't be overpowered why cause the player would be forced to get close and two 1 hex burst usually able to finish most of the players.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 07:33:48 pm »

Not a bad idea, action points should either regenerate or movement should be faster. Because currently, characters with less action points have cheaper movement in CTB.

Melee should be able to kill even a combat armor guy with 2-3 attacks (without critical hits)
Blah, Blah, just no.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:35:28 pm by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 08:15:15 pm »

Remove the one hex burst damage increase and melee weapons will get there rightful place.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.