"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:40:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Bonus move" in real time.  (Read 3456 times)

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
Re: "Bonus move" in real time.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 08:58:56 pm »

Geez, just make movement speed scale with action points (with bonus move factored in) and call it done. Seriously it works like that in turnbased.

I'm on it! In fact i suggested that nearly 2 years ago but got trolled and rejected...

Dunno why cuz it's reasonable and obvious that 1 AG guy with bruiser should NOT run just as fast as 10 AG dude with 2 x bonus move + 2 x action boy with a smudge of jet still visible on his mouth  =/

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:39:55 pm »

I remember the problem being that the frames that the animation uses would look ridiculous if it is slowed down or sped up to make it like that. I think that the original suggestion is good enough. Making movement speed, if even possible, based on the amount of AG would make AP too much more important than it already is in battle.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:42:01 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:19 pm »

Listen i'm not saying to implement it during this era...  When 3d comes i'd love to see that feature (speed being AP dependant) already implemented

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 10:53:27 pm »

Making movement speed, if even possible, based on the amount of AG would make AP too much more important than it already is in battle.
That's silly. You are OK with it being in TB, yet it feels wrong in RT?
Look HP is important as well, so is your sight range. There are some stats that bring little to nothing though. Like there is almost no benefit from having more strength than your weapon requires. Same for intelligence as well.
Also remember when all the values are not that important, customization is usually just boring and game as well.
Imagine action points being as irrelevant as carry weight for example. That's how it works in F3. All your stats are just boring numbers instead of actually defining your character.

I buy the animation issues, maybe even other issues as network stability, but that's something that can be resolved for example by making current speed the highest speed possible to achieve (well probably not just like that, because everyone would move way too slow, but you get the idea). To be honest in Fallout your character run goddamn fast and it did not look that bad.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 11:33:01 pm »

I like Wallace's idea - it adds one more step towards reconciliation between TB and RT (I guess this issue deserves a separate topic).

As for now TB is one game, RT is completely different game, this fact ruins overall game experience as you can't play both games effectively as some stats and perks in one game doesn't make any sense for another and you can be forced into game that you don't like. This topic is a good example of the effects produced by the issue, as well as topics like "Mercs are too fast in RT", Another side effects of the same issue: good TB and RT big gunners are different builds, 6 shots pistol build may work only in TB, 11 AP in RT is lesser disadvantage than 11 AP in TB etc.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:42:37 pm by Desert Mutt »
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 09:54:08 am »

I'm on it! In fact i suggested that nearly 2 years ago but got trolled and rejected...

Dunno why cuz it's reasonable and obvious that 1 AG guy with bruiser should NOT run just as fast as 10 AG dude with 2 x bonus move + 2 x action boy with a smudge of jet still visible on his mouth  =/
I was just thinking about this.  Personally I don't care if the animation would "look ridiculous" especially since it's ridiculous that a guy with 7 (movement) AP can keep up with a guy who has 14 (M) AP.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 18 queries.