"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:24:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Remove level cap restriction via QUEST?  (Read 3434 times)

Remove level cap restriction via QUEST?
« on: October 28, 2011, 05:42:52 pm »

First: THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION, ITS ONLY FOR CHAT ABOUT THE SUBJECT AND SEE WHAT THE COMUNITY THINKS.

So i was reading some comments in another post, and i come with this idea that whould be GREAT to implement, and MAY eliminate the need or desire of using alts.

And its IMPROVING LEVEL CAP or ELIMINATE LEVEL CAP.

So for lvl 21 you need 210000 XP points. But if u want continue leveling, u can do some special quest, and u can get more levels.

So, for the players that want to continue playing lvl 21, it whould be ok because u are powerfull enough. And for the ones that like a LOT OF GRIND AND XP, u can continue leveling up your character and improving.
So, in this way, u decide if u want to continue or not.
If u dont like grinding xp-> then dont get the quest
If u like improving your char-> then do the quest, and prepare for a lot of pve.

So improving from lvl 21 and on is going to take A LOT of xp points, but it whould be NOT IMPOSIBBLE to do it (like now, u can have 999k of exp, and still being lvl 21)

SO THIS IS MY IDEA:

Acording to wiki:

Level    Required Experience points    New perk available    New perk available (If skilled trait is chosen)
19    171000 (+18000)                                           No.                           No.
20    190000 (+19000)                                           No.                          Yes !
21    210000 (+20000)                                          Yes !                            No.

And this is my idea:

Level    Required Experience points    New perk available    New perk available (If skilled trait is chosen)
22      2.410.000 (+2.200.000)                           No.                           No.
23      4.710.000 (+2.300.000)                           No.                           No.
24      7.110.000 (+2.400.000)                           Yes !.                           Yes !.
25      12.110.000 (+5.000.000)                           No.                           No.
26      17.310.000 (+5.200.000)                           No.                          No.
27      22.510.000 (+5.400.000)                             Yes !.                         No.
28      34.710.000 (+12.200.000)                            No.                            Yes !.

And so on (this numbers may change, May exist level cap in like 30 or max lvl be like 99999)

So this is going to be good, because more people whould focus in having 1 good single character and not using a lot of diferrent. Because if u want a legendary and powerfull char, u need to focus in improving only 1.
So u can have multis weak chars, or 1 powerfull single one.

So what do u think of this idea? It whould be good? Be bad?
Whould make people stop making so much alts and focus more in develop 1 character?? Did you have some complain about this idea?
Your idea is better or u say that this can be improved?
Lets talk about this!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:26:18 pm by Savager »

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
Re: Improve level cap, focus in 1 character and not multis?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:48:03 pm »

Even suggestions are often (always) talked a bit more through before (if) they go ingame. This will stay here in suggestions, atleast for now.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 06:03:13 pm »

This wouldnt stop alting in any way shape or form, at least not with the XP you have there.

I could either hit lvl 22 or make 10 alts to 21 for that amount of experience the minor health boost/skill points would basically be pointless for the amount of time it would take to grind it anywhere.

(Oh look I did nothing for 3 weeks except farm and I'm level 22 now YEA! 2 more and i can get a perk!)

I couldn't see anyone bothering with this, the pvp apes wouldn't because it would take so much time away from their pvp, roleplayers wouldn't since...they don't grind and normal people don't have 3 weeks of boredom to reach one new level. Anybody leveling a character like this would probably be some 1337 pr0 and those few extra skillpoints would simply go into a combat skill.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 06:08:08 pm »

It has been suggested already, over year ago.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 06:15:04 pm »

Poor molerats and centaurs (or other creatures after fixing XP and rat's crit table, because there will be anyway "the best XP/hour giver" creature). XP shouldn't be grinded, it should be harder to get after some time putting more effort and resources into it instead of "wasting more and more time".
I mean instead of "Oh noes, now I need to do the same task but x100 times more than before to reach next level" it should be "Now I can't level further with my current low tech equipment or without friends or without NPC help because of low CH or because I'm not in NPC faction or because I did no quests, etc."
I think leveling after some level (like 9th) should be possible only if you're in a party of players or something, critters that are possible to handle alone shouldn't give you any XP after that level, and only patrols or large packs of critters would give you XP. And than further you go in level than harder critters you should fight to get any XP at all. Mantis, rats, scorpions shouldn't give you even 1 XP per kill after like 5-6 level. This way you can get high level only by focusing on PvE much, may be getting XP after ~20th level will be possible only by killing Enclave troopers at thier base. So if you're alone, don't have nice equipment, you won't reach high level, as you won't get XP from critters you can handle alone and you'll need to find help from people and better equipment.

avv

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 06:24:50 pm »

Those who say that removing level cap would turn into molerat killing 24/7 don't take the fact into consideration that when people have finished exping one alt, they start exping another which equals molerat hunting 24/7 but with another char.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 06:32:03 pm »

Wasn't it said that the level cap will go up to lvl24 so both skilled and not skilled chars with finish with a perk?
I can't find it in search but I remember it was said correct me if I'm wrong.
Avv you pretty much said my reasons for new chars the old one reached lvl21 although I don't do power xping I don't like that. I prefer leveling slowly and steadily with lots of variety and with a bit of company around.
Btw I find RavenousRat's idea interesting but I feel there wouldn't be many who would like a system like that sadly cause it sounds interesting and promotes team play.
Re: Remove level cap restriction via QUEST?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 08:10:07 pm »

Said it before and il say it again, level cap is too high! Drop it to level 12, removing lifegiver and BROF, making the newcomer less weak compared to max leveled characters.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »

Remove leveling up! Character after creation is ready to go, no need to boring molerats grindfest, no gap between newcomers and maxed chars, no ...

Wait, what?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 11:02:17 pm »

Exactly.

And guys, are you interested in counter-argument for the bullshit of "versatile" characters with no cap limit? Characters have already became heavily versatile BECAUSE OF THE CAP LIMIT! Universal fighters, universal crafters, all in the way to achieve it faster. I started with really universal guy because I did not know there is any limit, thought that I can take some perks later and so on. Now, what possibility do I have, to make 5 characters using some suggested procedure to make the best?

I mean WTF, what kind of playing is this? LIMITS ARE GENERALLY EVIL. Cap limit kills the game. There is every time somebody in your level stage so you will always have enemy. If not Enclave than other high-level players, but still somebody.

Or even the level of enemies in encounters can be counted acording to your own level...

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 11:14:38 pm »

Those who say that removing level cap would turn into molerat killing 24/7 don't take the fact into consideration that when people have finished exping one alt, they start exping another which equals molerat hunting 24/7 but with another char.
But the power from each character isn't combined. You can make 1000 alts, it doesn't mean you are 1000x as powerful. And people obviously aren't leveling all the time, or else there'd be no fights. If there is no level cap, people would be leveling all the time to always try to be one step better than the other guys. It will just encourage more "no-lifeing" then there already is. There has to be a cap. I'm all for the level cap being raised, but it needs to have a cap so there is a top level which everyone can get to so that it is more equal, and not just grinding to see who can get to level 632+ first.

Said it before and il say it again, level cap is too high! Drop it to level 12, removing lifegiver and BROF, making the newcomer less weak compared to max leveled characters.
And fights can last 12 seconds.

Remove leveling up! Character after creation is ready to go, no need to boring molerats grindfest, no gap between newcomers and maxed chars, no ...
Wait, what?
And fights can last 1 second.. whoever bursts first, wins!  :>
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 11:31:38 pm »

Wait, what?
It's not bad thing to do, problem is you cannot manage alts this way. Fonline allows you to do everything from level 1, so there is no education purpose in leveling. However if you got everything for 'free' there is no way to restrict players from getting huge amount of characters quickly.

As for leveling itself, I've been thinking about something new based on current trend - collecting achievements.
Imagine system with tons of achievements with scaled difficulty - and to level up from 1 to level 2, you would then be expected to complete for example 3 of 10 tier 1 achievements ( like shove x shits, kill y rats, get a weapon, etc. ).
For alt purpose there would always be the fastest tree, but it should be kinda educating, as well as with some replay value and entertainment.

On other hand achievements sounds somewhat unoriginal, but they are no different to quests really, just don't require backstory consuming a lot of development.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 11:36:29 pm »

And fights can last 1 second.. whoever bursts first, wins!  :>
No! 1st level fights will be most interesting, you'll have variety of strange builds, also bursts won't so good, as you'll have low weapon skill. Best weapon will be grenade and 1 ST build, so it won't be thrown on more than 3 hexes and you will always hit and kill with 1 throw even if miss. Or may be 2 ST build, if grenade won't miss on many hexes if thrown on 6 hexes. Or SG fast shoters with mausers or sawn-off shotguns (accurate perk + one hander trait)! Also armor would play really great role, as there will be no aimed shots, the only problem are bazooka-40-hex-shot users (actually you can do it with ANY build, but better to have 7-10 PE), as when rocket misses, it explodes on 40th hex or on nearest obstacle on it's way, this way everyone would run with bazookas and grenades/mausers/sawn-off shotguns and BAs, because BA will protect you from fast shoter shotgun/mauser users. Also everyone will say "me" "qill" "yoo", as INT will be useless SPECIAL!

1st level powerbuild!!1 :
S 3
P 7
E 10
C 1
I 1
A 10
L 8
One Hander
Fast Shot
Tagged SG: 65%
Unarmed: 76%
First Aid: 36%
HP: 38

Bazooka for long distance and if victim is near wall.
Sawn-off shotgun or mauser for only 3 AP per shot on mid distance. Or 10mm smg or grease gun.
Can use grenades to explode into pieces!
Always run in BA to have higher AC! Watch out walls and try to keep <35 hexes between you and your enemy to not die from bazooka.
Don't let enemy get close to you, or else they will throw grenades! Shoot with a mauser on it's max distance! And you'll own all other 1st level noobs on server, if there's impossible to level up!

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 01:15:16 am »

Always run in BA to have higher AC!
CA mk2 is best for low health as it gives higher base AC :D
other than that, seems legit.  ;)

LIMITS ARE GENERALLY EVIL.
Limits are the foundation of calculus o.O
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 01:22:33 am by Josh »
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 02:54:38 am »

I support this. +1 Once u get lvl 21 powerbuild with 250hp its highly unlikely to get killed by critters (not including aliens). Id rather see more primitive guns, small difference between players and PvE, now all u get at 21 is uber tech weaponz so u can mess around with ur powerbuild and shit upon killing a bluesuit just for fun, no point to make a bigger gap with fonline2238ish attitude lol.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 22 queries.