"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:37:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Help with a possibly impossible build  (Read 4014 times)

Re: Help with a possibly impossible build
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 06:17:27 pm »

If you lack min ST requirements for a weapon, you'll have a penalty to hit which equals to 20%*ST you lack. So you'll have -20% to hit with sniper rifle, if you'll have 1 ST and weapon handling, as weapon handling perk gives +3 ST to ST requirements check.

Oh, ok. I get it now.

But still, I wont be able to carry much around, will I? I will be forced to walk everywhere!
(Tell me if there's something im not quite seeing, here)
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 06:23:48 pm »

I'm EW tank and have 18 carry weight (1 ST and small frame), can use BA, loaded plasma and some MFCs (i'll die faster than you them all). If I'll use CA (CA has on 2 less weight than BA), then I can take MFCs enough to kill an army. You're SG, you can carry even more, as sniper rifle has on ~2 less weight, so you can easily use BA and a rifle and carry alot ammo with you, SSs, jet, nuka, cigs, etc.
But you will be unable to loot fallen enemies. GMs could troll you by spawning PAs/APAs, because you will be unable to pick it up. Also foget about mining and if you need to make a tent, remove all items, 10 brahmin hides has weight of exact 18.
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 06:54:08 pm »

I'm EW tank and have 18 carry weight (1 ST and small frame), can use BA, loaded plasma and some MFCs (i'll die faster than you them all). If I'll use CA (CA has on 2 less weight than BA), then I can take MFCs enough to kill an army. You're SG, you can carry even more, as sniper rifle has on ~2 less weight, so you can easily use BA and a rifle and carry alot ammo with you, SSs, jet, nuka, cigs, etc.
But you will be unable to loot fallen enemies. GMs could troll you by spawning PAs/APAs, because you will be unable to pick it up. Also foget about mining and if you need to make a tent, remove all items, 10 brahmin hides has weight of exact 18.

I understant what you are saying (I think) but I'm not sure it's a viable choice, cuz I dont want to be ultimatez badass at PvP or 1vs1. I just want to be able to hold my ground and still enjoy the rest of the game and still be able to loot and junk.

With that in mind, do you guys think this could be a viable build?

Edit:

Scrap one Action boy and replace it with wep handling (my bad).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:17:19 pm by znumb »
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »

Up to me,this one is a perfect build to kick some ass and still be able to enjoy the game.It s probably better of most of my first apes.Good job and go on mate.

Crits are too low to kill decently.Scrap the other action boy,under 20% critical hit you can t rely too much on eyeshots.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:45:48 pm by Graf »
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »

Up to me,this one is a perfect build to kick some ass and still be able to enjoy the game.It s probably better of most of my first apes.Good job and go on mate.

Thanks firend!  ;D thats really all I wanna do, hold my ground and still enjoy everything else there is to enjoy in the game.

Crits are too low to kill decently.Scrap the other action boy,under 20% critical hit you can t rely too much on eyeshots.

So, you say take Action boy completely and get one more of More Critical?

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 09:20:35 pm »

I really don't mean to burglarize this thread, but if this is your first character, you will find these "suggested" pvp apes the most frustrating builds in the universe to level, especially if your running solo.  Just FYI these types of builds are complete shit for "everything" except pvp, but if your still thinking you got the balls and patience for it, good luck.  It is true you can get up to level 21 in a day or 2 but by yourself, you won't be able to sustain the ammo you need for murdering mutated molerats.  By yourself you won't be able to power level on centaurs.  But if your still determined to make a "worthless" build, more power to you and good luck.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 09:26:27 pm »

If you're SG, then there's nothing easier than getting ammo for you without alts.
Complete all those bring-me-shovel/junk/scorpion tail quests without getting reward, so you'll get 300 XP instead of 100 for each. Get 2nd lvl, put all in SG.
Kill regulators (1 burst in point blank or 1-2 eye shots), loot smg and ammo, trade not needed smgs for stylish jacket at Adytum (bluesuit is ugly), stash all items somewhere at library or scavengers location or at Adytum, take 1 loaded smg and some ammo incase if crit fail or if you have really low SG skill, kill 10 brahmin at south and south-east from Hub. You'll be able to pick up 10th brahmin hide after droping smg and rest of ammo (if any), make a tent. Get there all stashed items, farm more regulators, get alot 10mm ammo and smgs. Go kill moles in the eyes from smg. No need alts.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 09:44:29 pm »

When you put it like that, what sort of build would you suggest?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:46:53 pm by Graf »
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 09:52:14 pm »

SG/Armorer crafter. Mine, cut wood, hunt geckos and brahmins. Make armors and weapons. Have high outdoorsman. Have HP for 1-2 bursts. Run when see other players. Die if can't run.
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »

then I wouldn't be able to hold my ground...

I guess I'll try this build for now and see what happens  :)

Thank you all for your suggestions! Special thanks to Eternauta, Rain and RavenousRat for showing so much support and interest.

I'll try the build I came up with. If its good, I'll keep it. If I see I can't cope with it I'll try to do as TKs-KaBoom said and go for a diffrent approach, more or less like RavenousRat said about the SG Armorer/Crafter.

Hope to see you all ingame  ;) (on second thought, maybe not...)

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 12:02:08 am »

sg crafter should be your first build imo.  tag sg, fa and od.  bump sg to 150, od to 120+, fa 60 or 75 then rest into science and repair for either small guns and or armor professions (or even doc 1 prof, your choice).  you will be self sufficient, more or less like ravenous rat said.

Also I suggest for first character to ignore the overwhelming advice of taking 1 charisma, you will find 3 charisma to be much easier to work with as you will be able to talk and trade with merchants and party with a couple friends without retarding your character with beer.

Use the planner and make sure you have stats to gain bonus rate of fire for level 15 and probably take lifegiver at 12.  Anything with less than 8 ap (I suggest 10 ap with brof = 2 bursts...) will be troublesome to play and still have fun.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:08:31 am by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 11:02:31 am »

KaBoom gives it to you perfectly.

But i dont think, u have to give up with sniper. Well, u can make it .223 pistol sniper, not sniper rifle, and leveling up will be much easier.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/sgrt.jpg/
No drugs needed to kick ass in real time mode.

awareness, more crits, better crits, lifegiver, weapon handling, brof, more crits.

edit: i just looked in your build. Forget about efficient fight without awareness. Its basic perk for snipers. especially when theres more people on battlefield.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:05:09 am by Chrupek »
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 12:23:33 pm »

sg crafter should be your first build imo.  tag sg, fa and od.  bump sg to 150, od to 120+, fa 60 or 75 then rest into science and repair for either small guns and or armor professions (or even doc 1 prof, your choice).  you will be self sufficient, more or less like ravenous rat said.

Also I suggest for first character to ignore the overwhelming advice of taking 1 charisma, you will find 3 charisma to be much easier to work with as you will be able to talk and trade with merchants and party with a couple friends without retarding your character with beer.

Use the planner and make sure you have stats to gain bonus rate of fire for level 15 and probably take lifegiver at 12.  Anything with less than 8 ap (I suggest 10 ap with brof = 2 bursts...) will be troublesome to play and still have fun.

KaBoom gives it to you perfectly.

But i dont think, u have to give up with sniper. Well, u can make it .223 pistol sniper, not sniper rifle, and leveling up will be much easier.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/sgrt.jpg/
No drugs needed to kick ass in real time mode.

awareness, more crits, better crits, lifegiver, weapon handling, brof, more crits.

edit: i just looked in your build. Forget about efficient fight without awareness. Its basic perk for snipers. especially when theres more people on battlefield.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I was thinking of keeping my build and making an alt to test the things you are suggesting me then see what i prefer and is best for me!
I do agree that 3CH sounds great at least for an easier gameplay... but I haven't really tried with 1CH yet cuz I just created my build yesterday evening and hadn't had the time to play yet!

I totally agree with you, Chrupek. Its just, being the newbie that I am I thought awareness was just for displaying critters' HP  :-\ is that correct or can I see players' too?
Well, I can allways leave toughness behind, i think. My build is not very though as it is, anyway...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »

Players characters are critters.  And awareness shows HP and weapon of every single critter player or npc.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 12:39:38 pm »

Players characters are critters.  And awareness shows HP and weapon of every single critter player or npc.

Thanks Michaelh139!
Im definitely taking awareness over toughness now  :)

P.S: Love the profile pic
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.