"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 12:11:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EW sniper builds.  (Read 2017 times)

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: EW sniper builds.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 09:34:14 pm »

1.Jet is not realy that bad for EW sniper, you are not gonna go rambo anyway, its not a plazma build, you main enemies will be snipers and rockets so no real point to care about dmg resist.
Laser rifle is not sniper weapon, but just long range gun. It's selling point is only very high damage with high range, but that damage is not pointless even in distances closer than 45h.

It means it could really be good idea to do more resistant rifle soldier, but the weapon effect is still way too random to find this weapon useful for raw damage.

Because the weapon is neither real sniper weapon, nor good damage dealer, it's not that bad idea to try multiple builds, as none of them is answer for everything. But honestly, this weapon appears to be useful only for it's cool factor and mainly broken encounters allowing players to stockpile tons of them with little effort, as the weapon really has no niche. It's not that cool for PKs either because of the visible projectile.

Anyway, if you are looking for non-jet laser, you should probably use something similar to your first post, but drop action boy in favor of weapon handling and increase luck instead.
Or maybe even use second lifegiver instead and use toughness instead of awareness and take plasma weapon with you. Buffout gives some protection from criticals, so it shouldn't be a complete failure.

As mentioned, finesse is not a good choice. Even when the damage is completely reliant on bypassing criticals that ignore finesse penalty, you still lose the little steady damage you can do. (and unless it's metal armor, you still get full 30% penalty, which is just too much for a weapon which is based on it's high damage).
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Re: EW sniper builds.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 06:12:49 am »

the way you put it johnny, my current build will let me use plasma rifle more effectively than laser rifle. I already know that i put too many skill points into other skills so my max to hit eyes at 45 hex is like 50% lololol. That's kind of why I wanted to remake.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 22 queries.