"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 28, 2024, 06:31:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Help with a possibly impossible build  (Read 3624 times)

Re: Help with a possibly impossible build
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 12:53:48 pm »

Guys, and what are you thoughts on http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Chem_Reliant?
Since I'm thinking, at least for my main build, to use nuka and possibly cigs all the time, is it worth it? Does it only cuts in half the "bad" side effects? Or would it cut in half the bonuses it gives to SPECIALS too?
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 01:04:07 pm »

I can't remember what was said about those traits, right now addiction lasts 1 real life hour (even if you're offline, but you need to log off when drug effect ended, if you'll log off during drug effect, the addiction timer will start when you'll log in). Probably chem reliant makes addiction x2%, but it'll last 30 minutes, it means that there's no difference and this trait is useless. Better not waste trait slots on such traits, small frame and good natured are best traits, one hander - if you're pistol build, as it gives only advantage. And, if you really don't know what to pick, then damned bloody mess is even better than any other trait left, but only if you're burster.
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 01:11:28 pm »

bloody mess...

But that's totally cosmetic :P and besides, I can get to see some of those cosmetics with some luck! I got tired of bloody mess on Fallout 1 with my first char. It was allways so gruesome...
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 03:14:23 pm »

one more word about awareness. Its not only HPs, awareness shows INJURED too. For you, as a crippler, is very useful. So in big battle, you know whos the threat, and whos not. In RT mode, theres no way to click someone, to check his health status (like in F2, without awareness), so awareness its the only choice (in my opinion).

I cant add anything more about traits. Maybe, theres kamikaze too, but its only useful for turn-based players.

One hander is good with pistols, cause it gives 20% chances to hit. I temasn, that you can save a lot of skill points in further levels (when your SG skill is around 200%, you need a lot of extra SP to put it in your SG and see any difference).
But the other hand, good natured is taking from you only 10% sg, but gives you 15% to: Firsta Aid, and Doctor. Its really nice boost.
I suggest, if you want to compare those two traits, you have to do this on your character. there is no simple way to say: that is better, or not.
Just use Fonline Character Planner, and compare chance to hit value, at 21cap level.

For comfortable play, First Aid skill, at least 130%. Every 2,5 mins, you can heal around 50-110hps (with 10luck).
100% Doctor heals every wound i guess (at least 90% injuries) Cooldown is 3mins, which is simply enough (if you get crippled twice, then ure dead anyway:))

Im not so sure, there was some change in Outdoorsman skill, but since 5 months, travelling with 20-30 outdoorsman is very fast. Of course, there would be many unexpected encounters, but in RT u can just run away.

3 CHA... well... i cant remember when it was needed for me:). Level up pistol sinper is about 3-4 evenings normal play. Just farm SMGs from VCPatrol vs Strong slavers, and with 3-4 guns and 200ammo go on mutated molerats (you can check in Fonline Encounter Finder where to go).
3 CHA is waste of 2 SPECIAL points. If you dont want to be merc leader, then pick and 1. no exceptions.

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 03:39:53 pm »

buffout , jet , nuka cola , cigs

you won't be able to talk with npc's if you have taken drugs then you need mentats anyway , so you can change the build to replace 2 points from cha into agility or luck , if you put into luck then you can do without 1 more critical and take a lifegiver or toughness or maybe pack rat if you want to carry shit or take sharpshooter for more accuracy and sight range. If you don't want to carry stuff then take small frame , put 2 more points into agility and 1 more point into luck i guess or intelegence for more fa and doc or perception for even more accuracy and sight. There are more variations but i'm lazy to look into them.

jet , cigs , nuka is bought from traders check wiki , buffout can be bought from players or merchants or crafted from level 2 doc prof.

bla bla bla bla..... boring

btw now the best way how to play the game is to make alts for every single task ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:49:29 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 04:31:14 am »

KaBoom gives it to you perfectly.

But i dont think, u have to give up with sniper. Well, u can make it .223 pistol sniper, not sniper rifle, and leveling up will be much easier.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/sgrt.jpg/
No drugs needed to kick ass in real time mode.

awareness, more crits, better crits, lifegiver, weapon handling, brof, more crits.

edit: i just looked in your build. Forget about efficient fight without awareness. Its basic perk for snipers. especially when theres more people on battlefield.

Totally my all time favorite build.Not the most powerful maybe,but more than decent ande very fun and easy to play.
Just scrap one point of agility to be replaced with nuka,and remember cigarets.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 05:57:28 am »

you could go 2 ch to party up with a friend and drink beer when you need to trade with NPC's. beer is really common so you won't have a problem there. Good choice on SG. Since you'll be far away from enemies you won't need 10 ap. As a sniper, all you want is 10 pe, enough ap for one aimed shot and enough skill points to get an eye shot from max range (or close to it).
http://www.nitue.net/fcp/index.php

play around with this amazing tool before making a char :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 22 queries.