"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The New Californian Republic annexes border states  (Read 19231 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: The New Californian Republic annexes border states
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2011, 04:20:09 am »

I disagree, with a good GM it'd be an interesting event. Right now it's just something that causes a lot of doubts as it can have a difficult contact with the interests of TC gangs. With no TC, GMs could make NPC factions invade any place they want and nobody would complain about city X not being available anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2011, 04:29:18 am »

Hello and sorry for not starting an event earlier there - I've had/have some internet issues. I've read your complaints and will correct the issues ASAP - since right now it's a bit contraproductive.

They were infact even urging me to do it quicker than it was planned.

To clarify again - no one will be able to loot the TC box, the accumulated wealth during the time the NCR is in Redding will be taken away after the town will be restored to normality.
Is there any way you can give us some info as to what you intend to do with this new project?  Events, plans, types of events, etc...

Will there be pure roleplay rules or will it be lenient on those who are not entirely RP oriented?

Will there be gear limitations for what roleplay that is to be made?  If so will it be provided?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JovankaB

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 08:15:50 am »

This is why TC should be scrapped from the game. It's obvious that this kind of events would produce trolling and flaming, or at least doubts and skepticism - if there was no TC, events like this could happen without any problem.

Then why event like this doesn't happen in New Reno or Necropolis?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:29:39 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 08:37:54 am »

New Reno is in contact with NCR (In Fallout 2 they worked together), Necropolis well as the name says city of the dead what would Ncr gain? Redding have a mine and unlike Brokken hills its not filled with super mutants who would put up a hard fight...
I disagree, with a good GM it'd be an interesting event. Right now it's just something that causes a lot of doubts as it can have a difficult contact with the interests of TC gangs. With no TC, GMs could make NPC factions invade any place they want and nobody would complain about city X not being available anymore.
I agree with you Eternauta if there would be no TC this would be a different.
If I'm right this could go as an open project that would be shaped by the player base's actions. There were some residents who gone rioting then NCR posters were vandalized and now they have propaganda text against NCR.

JovankaB

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 08:44:47 am »

Necropolis well as the name says city of the dead what would Ncr gain?

Spawn some rocks in Necropolis sewers, make annoucement that NCR geologists found ore in Necropolis.
Or just say that Necropolis is taken by NCR for whatever other reason. It's roleplaying or what?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:48:54 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 09:01:00 am »

True still Redding have been chosen now probably because it always had people in it while Necropolis is more or less empty. Though I'm too not a fan of Redding getting a part of NCR however I can see possibilities here
like NCR is planning to take over Den too so slavers in incognito go to Redding and support the rioters with firearms...
Some Redding residence arm up and try to find the sheriff...
Also I'm sure we will get some more info soon.

Black Key

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 10:40:25 am »

So the cities secured by the NPC are not suitable for RP and dead.
Cities secured by the players are not suitable for RP, but alive.
So let's call GMs and make a mix of both: worse than anything.
And now the great solution: let's remove TC !

Some remarks and personal opinions:
- RP does not really need a city to live, unless you want to have visibility on all players. As did someone I know, RP can be limited to one player, a "Trapper" who roam in the cities, meet and groups young wastelanders to go hunting together (XP and craft, etc) and stay in touch with a defined radio channel. He s not "famous" not visible in the status, like most of the RP players. And it's not what you wanna do.
- RP does absolutely not motivates the majority of the server and some players are here only for the TC
- A lot of players who like RP, like TC as well
- Pure RP players are very rare
- An event "war NPC vs players," we know exactly what it is. We had enough. Lagging butchery ...
- Kill the NPC is mainly easy and boring. No normal NPC can resist a player ...
- A post-apocalyptic world without violence ? What is that: Hello Kitty Gothic version? Staying all day in downtown and chatting ? Violence is part of all that kind of worlds: Mad Max, I'm a legend, The road, The book of Eli...
- If there is people in Redding, it is also because most PVP teams have their main base close to it. Why? Because it's in the middle of TC cities, in the heart of the battle, because there is what people need to craft TC stuff, and also because New Reno is close to Redding. To summarize, there is life in Redding because there is death around... The main challenge is to fix it around...

Choose Redding as the RP town, and try to make it 100% peacefull, with all the PVP bases pasted to it, without agreement with the other teams, is surely the worst choice that pure RP players could do.

This desire to have a 100% quiet town was a source of conflicts in the WWP. That kind of city satisfy only the minority. It is therefore not viable, because the majority like to fight, love to fight, a little, a lot, madly... And not only PVP players...

There is solutions:
- choose another game/world
- choose another town (but the PVP and PKers will come when they won't find something else to fight)
- find a agreement (it will never be permanent...)
- continue the fight and accept that things will never be perfect or 100% quiet: PK attract APK, order attract anarchists, caps attracts thiefs and "boringtheothersfornothing" attract the assholes... ;)
- etc...

But kick out the TC players, seriously... ::)

RP Players must manage their relationships with PVP teams, here is part of the game. You cant choose with whom you'll play and ask the GMs to kick out the others. Those relationships can become good RP moments you know...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:09:39 am by Black Key »
Justice without force is powerless, force without justice is tyrannical. We are that force, we serve the justice, we are the Lawyers !

Join us !
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2011, 11:00:46 am »

I'm taking credit for nothing. I just remember that it was done at least once (Golgotha treaty)...

And you're still my favorite gentleman... ;) (Is it you T-1000 ?)

But you can't deny i refreshed your mind  ::)

No T-1000 isn't me i wasn't playing this game at the time , i think.

Choose Redding as the RP town, and try to make it 100% peacefull, with all the PVP bases pasted to it, without agreement with the other teams, is surely the worst choice that pure RP players could do.

This desire to have a 100% quiet town was a source of conflicts in the WWP. That kind of city satisfy only the minority. It is therefore not viable, because the majority like to fight, love to fight, a little, a lot, madly... And not only PVP players...

He actually has a point and a large part of my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:09:58 am by T-888 »
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 01:50:46 pm »

These guards have no place in town such as redding, I must agree with everybody else.

I resent the fact that the term 'GMs' is used here, when referring to this 'event'.  This has been put into motion by one GM who enters to game but few hours a week, and does not know how things go.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:54:05 pm by Gorlak »
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

These guards have no place in town such as redding, I must agree with everybody else.

I resent the fact that the term 'GMs' is used here, when referring to this 'event'.  This has been put into motion by one GM who enters to game but few hours a week, and does not know how things go.

Definitely
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 03:39:34 pm »

agreed to the max
just makes it another troll ncr. ;)

+1

They it only for super respawning militia

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »

Poor assholes you are. Finally we see something new, and people can only cry the
usual shit. Why my gang was not asked? Why thats so Imba? Why does GM not help me?
Also, it wont be the end of TC i guess, there are still alot of places where you can play the
game as you like (starting counter, looking bored at counter, move along after counter).

I like the idea, even if im not part of it (yet). Id wish GMs would use their powers way more often in a way like this,
not only to spawn their usual 3 friends a pack of new APAMk2, but also to create things we all can participate in.

And btw, RP in redding never worked, funny you guys pretend now as these NCR guards ruined it.
RP is usually ruined by the same assholes that post here against the event.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:37:41 pm by Fridge_Man »

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 06:08:41 pm »

when new season will be annouced i would really like to see few global events. that can be something simple like NCR vs some other NPC-faction. both sides leader by one GM

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 06:18:56 pm »

This coming from a mentally unstable person who is able to completely snap from one second to the other. Nice! It's also nice that you seem to know my logging habits, the people I've played the past weeks must've halucinated (too much weed maybe?).

Anyway, you people can all thank Bob - I am sure he will keep doing awesome events like covering entire cities in brahmin shit - I won't do anything for the players in this game anymore.  Cheerio and goodbye.

Black Key

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 06:39:37 pm »

Fridge, if you did not know, some teams manage to do PR in Redding and in other cities, in bases, during this session and the previous ones, and I do not mean only the WWP or TTT. I play for almost 2 years and I am TTT for less than a month...

They managed to do it despite the attacks and the TC and did not need to go cry like assholes in the boots of the GMs because they were under attack. And as far as I know, those teams were not those who used to receive gifts from the GMs...

It is sometimes the opposite. When some control Redding, they are attacked by an army of NPC, and when others control it, they are protected by NPC and receive skins, rare items, and decorative sets. During the WWp times, nobody has seen barrels around the hand-to-hand area, WWP members with skins or original robes, etc... But this is surely completely random and absolutly not a question of friendship. So I understand if some players question neutrality and equality of the players in front of the GMs.

Why those who attack Redding would not receive the help of NPC, for example. It would be quite logical ... NCR has some enemies...

So stop crying because your toy will maybe be broken and misrespect people because they do not think like you.
Justice without force is powerless, force without justice is tyrannical. We are that force, we serve the justice, we are the Lawyers !

Join us !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 27 queries.