"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 02:01:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: The New Californian Republic annexes border states  (Read 19212 times)

Re: The New Californian Republic annexes border states
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2011, 06:52:57 pm »

Anyway, you people can all thank Bob - I am sure he will keep doing awesome events like covering entire cities in brahmin shit - I won't do anything for the players in this game anymore.  Cheerio and goodbye.

No offense really, but in my opinion that will be great.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:56:02 pm by Hololasima »
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »

This has been put into motion by one GM who enters to game but few hours a week, and does not know how things go.

Well said, at least for a GM that delivers such hi-quality events like spawning vomit or brahmin shit. I am now proud of bob.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2011, 07:01:31 pm »

What I have seen so far:

Surf starting this.
Some players react to the NCR in Redding with RP actions like
-Forming a resistance and keeping the NCR guards prisoners (keeping them unconciouss)
-Attacking Shady Sands
Nothing from GM side happened in town yet because Surf has internet connection problems
People start talking about how disabling TC in Redding is ruining the fun in gameplay
Redding citizens buckle up, weapons and armors are given out to pro-redding activists.
Wild discussion about factions and their creation and destruction of gameplay activity ingame
Wild discussion about GM abuse in relation to Surfs action of bringing NCR guards to Hub,LA,Junktown and Redding.
Meanwhile, daily business in Redding.
Gorlak, a fellow GM, is stating that NCR guards shouldnt be in Redding and Surf is way too rarely online to know whats happening on the 2238 server.
Surf instantly announces to quit support of player activitys ingame after reading Gorlaks post.
Still business as usual in Redding.

Now my oppinion on this is:

Why not make the best out of it? You still can have fun there, as many people are currently doing. And Redding isn't the only TC town and center of all TC, there's still other towns for tree-control hungry apes.
And im really dissapointed in Surf for giving up that quickly. This could have been big, really big. But instead of re-thinking this and plan a few changes you successfully get taunted by someone who does nothing else but burst towns with brahmin shit. This is like "Announce - do nothing - get flamed - quit". Poor screenplay.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:03:33 pm by Andr3aZ »
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2011, 07:08:17 pm »

Was quite slow with my text I don't want to edit it since it shows quite a few nice possibilities

It isn't an RP project but an event and I have to say it sounded quite interesting in the beginning and personally I'm still looking for the conclusion of this event since the theme that NCR occupies towns sounded as an interesting twitch I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.
This event could have gone in way where finally we could have seen effects of actions (having shown xy is on pipboy doesn't change anything).
I was seeing scenarios in my mind where people start to smuggle weapons for Redding residents.
Riots (peaceful and violent) happen like the ones that were posted here after the start.
NCR officials hire mercenaries for some scouting the area around Redding or searching suspicious houses.
Metzger in fear that his city will be the next start to gather the slavers and build a barricade around Den, while Vortis sends others in incognito to Redding, to agitate the rioters.
NCR having seen the troubles deploys freelancers (players) to secure his position and make sure the ores from the mine goes toward NCR.
See there are plenty of way this could go and btw whining always happens no matter what its impossible to please everyone...

JovankaB

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2011, 07:13:05 pm »

Anyway, you people can all thank Bob - I am sure he will keep doing awesome events like covering entire cities in brahmin shit - I won't do anything for the players in this game anymore.  Cheerio and goodbye.

Don't be angry surf, there are good gm ideas and bad ideas... This might be even good idea, but poorly executed.
Some regular Redding visitors have negative ncr reputation, adding ncr guards with 60s respawn and disappearing turned their usual play into hell. And you spawned them and disappeared for whole day.

And now with long respawn they are simply dead all the time. It makes no sense.

It's not a shame to admit mistakes, though I know how hard it can be because I did many mistakes as GM...

Bob simply meant to not say "GMs" in the sense of plural form ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:17:22 pm by JovankaB »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2011, 07:16:49 pm »

Don't be angry surf, there are good gm ideas and bad ideas... This might be even good idea, but poorly executed.
Some regular Redding visitors have negative ncr reputation, adding ncr guards with 60s respawn and disappearing turned their usual play into hell. And you spawned them and disappeared for whole day.

And now with long respawn they are simply dead all the time.

It's not a shame to admit mistakes, though I know how hard it is because I did many mistakes as GM...

I have nothing against any player post here. ;) I was just about to alter and fix some things there today (like I earlier wrote, I had internet connction problems and couldn't do it earlier). But fun fact - it is not very motivational to do stuff if there are people in the "team" (who btw never visit the team room) constantly attacking you out of the blue. :) I grew wary of drama, so that's it. It's a shame for those that enjoyed stuff I did in the past few weeks and antipicated some nice stuff that was planned there, but sorry, not under these circumstances.

I asked another GM to restore Redding to its former state (as I can't do it anymore), so you can now come back to the daily business of normal TC, or being amazed by Brahminshit spawning everywhere.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:19:36 pm by Surf »

JovankaB

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2011, 07:30:23 pm »

-Forming a resistance and keeping the NCR guards prisoners (keeping them unconciouss)
-Attacking Shady Sands
Dunno about everyone, burt I know at least one person who took part in this RPing in hope Surf removes NCR guards (because Redding revolution wins or whatever so NCR can leave). But there was no Surf to see it. And they simply had to keep guards down because they respawned with full HP and attacked citizens with negative reputation.

So it may looked like fun roleplaying but it wasn't only fun I think, it was desperation.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:36:02 pm by JovankaB »

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2011, 09:26:57 pm »

This was a lost chance.

To be honest I preferred the old Redding to the new Ncr Redding, but ...

This could be a chance for a serie of events ...

Many players want the old Redding back, let them fight for it

you heard that new reinforcements from ncr are coming to redding, at the Gordon Gas station 40 guards of NCR are ready to start to march again , they fear possible attack (set to ostile to any player char) , the players have 15 min to kill them or they will leave and reach Redding

you heard from radio that some mutie are cornered in a cave surrounded by ncr troops, you must go and save them
you have 15 min to kill the Ncr guards around the cave and avoid that the usuals trolls kill the 10 mutie in the cave
the survivors will help to free Redding from Ncr

Final battle for Redding 60 NCR guards + reinforcement (maybe) against pc + muties (maybe)

Lost chance
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:29:51 pm by Kanly »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2011, 09:56:50 pm »

Stuff like that is just weird. There's plenty towns down south that could be used for that and nobody would care (Junktown?), yet some people just keep doing unnecessary stuff to TC towns. Look guys, those towns are fine and excluding NCR and Reno they're about the only place where people are active on this server, they don't need your help and/or intervention. And of course stuff like that is bound to make some people angry, TC is highly competitive and aiding any faction by spawning them additional NPC guards is just a bad, bad idea.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2011, 12:48:36 am »

Stuff like that is just weird. There's plenty towns down south that could be used for that and nobody would care (Junktown?), yet some people just keep doing unnecessary stuff to TC towns. Look guys, those towns are fine and excluding NCR and Reno they're about the only place where people are active on this server, they don't need your help and/or intervention. And of course stuff like that is bound to make some people angry, TC is highly competitive and aiding any faction by spawning them additional NPC guards is just a bad, bad idea.

Don't worry, instead of "something" you will get "nothing" in the future. :) I wish all the GMs wanting to partake in actual Fallout lore much luck in the future.

BTW - it was not me who initiated the original idea in Redding, it was some playergang (omgwtf!11)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2011, 01:19:49 am »

*Doctor breaks jaw of Patient to fix it. (Despite jaw being in perfect condition already)*
*Patient screams and fights back because it hurts like fucking hell.*
*Doctor say:  "Screw you, it's too much trouble.  Oh and don't come back since you're such a bitch."*
*Doctor leaves patient with a broken jaw in extreme pain*

Pretty much sums up this event.  Sounds egotistical as hell despite initially good intentions of the Doctor.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2011, 01:31:30 am »

*Doctor breaks jaw of Patient to fix it. (Despite jaw being in perfect condition already)*
*Patient screams and fights back because it hurts like fucking hell.*
*Doctor say:  "Screw you, it's too much trouble.  Oh and don't come back since you're such a bitch."*
*Doctor leaves patient with a broken jaw in extreme pain*

Pretty much sums up this event.  Sounds egotistical as hell despite initially good intentions of the Doctor.

This is what Michelh139 actually believes.
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2011, 01:47:15 am »

I dont play the game and i dont care much, mostly cause i dont have time.
I love dramas. Thank u for this great thread had good lols
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2011, 01:48:22 am »

No, in fact you made something, it was wrong so you screwing us all arround.

Youre a type of person which just think "i am important for them, they need me". Then i say, no. In my opinion we dont need you.

In some of your previous post you said "i will no longer do anything for players",then yeah, you can give up your moderator function same as with GM status.

PS: Before you will AGAIN delete some of my post for nothing, remember i didnt type anything against rules AND i didnt insult anyone in any way. If someone feel offensed, then sorry.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2011, 03:46:17 am »

Don't worry, instead of "something" you will get "nothing" in the future. :) I wish all the GMs wanting to partake in actual Fallout lore much luck in the future.

BTW - it was not me who initiated the original idea in Redding, it was some playergang (omgwtf!11)

That actually makes it worse ::) You really don't see a problem with helping one gang against the others? And yeah, "nothing" is much better than breaking something that was working perfectly fine. The moral of this riveting tale is not "GMs shouldn't partake in actual Fallout lore" (whatever that is, I don't recall NCR securing any other towns as early as 2238), it's "GMs should take a while and think about consequences of their actions before they start pissing people off".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 26 queries.