"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 18, 2024, 01:25:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #5  (Read 258980 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Questions and Answers #5
« Reply #1215 on: January 05, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »

If you are using HtH you should be moving all the time anyways. High AC is important for a close combat characters. When you get to the enemy at 1 hex, they shouldn't be a problem anymore and you should be able to hit them first.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #1216 on: January 05, 2013, 04:37:48 pm »

It's not only used for running away.
It can be used for trolling and looting too!
Jokes aside AC used to be slightly overused,because max AC troll builds were impossible to hit.
Also HtH isn't very powerful this season,or so I've heard.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1217 on: January 05, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »

It is more powerful than any other season.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #1218 on: January 05, 2013, 05:24:51 pm »

I am building a crafter with 1 CH. Will this low stat make it impossible for me to do the quests to get blueprints? Overall, will it prevent me from doing anything important for the crafter?
u cane use mentats to rise ypur ch & get a quest or crafting profesins.
i have to crafter whit 1ch & hes same god like whit 3ch
« Reply #1219 on: January 06, 2013, 06:00:36 pm »

How can I make money in this game? Since I got gunsmith 1 I have been crafting ammo hoping to sell it to npc's, but they barely have money (around 200-800 caps). That is when they have money, generally they are cashless.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #1220 on: January 06, 2013, 06:15:28 pm »

How can I make money in this game? Since I got gunsmith 1 I have been crafting ammo hoping to sell it to npc's, but they barely have money (around 200-800 caps). That is when they have money, generally they are cashless.
click me
« Reply #1221 on: January 06, 2013, 06:21:36 pm »

This is quite confusing - is what I'm trying to say. As I know AC is an important attribute in fallout, and now it's not? Like... you shouldn't count on AC at all now, since you won't manage to reach your enemy anyway, if he uses ranged weapon, and you use hand-to-hand?

AC is either useless or OP in this game and it got whined out of existence, don't bother with it 140 still sucks and takes too many perks.

« Reply #1222 on: January 06, 2013, 07:07:30 pm »

click me

Some questions:

1. Farming gecko pelts or farming spears? Which one gives money faster? I already sold some spears, but not gecko pelts. I heard you can sell them for 200 caps each 4 gecko pelts, but it would require a place that you could get geckos on most encounters for it to be more effective than selling spears.

2. Also, slavery is better than the two above? How long in the average it takes to get a slave, and for how much can you sell one? I also discovered that you can capture/sell brahmin, is it more effective than selling slaves?

3. About the caps found in lockers. How many points you need in lockpicking/traps to be able to always open lockers? And how frequently/many caps you get from a locker?

4. I encountered some raiders or slavers that had some caps as their loot, however it was about 10-20 each body. Is there any encounter that gives more caps than that?

5. I am level 10 and have access to level 1 sg/armor. Overall, what method you think would be better for me?

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #1223 on: January 06, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »

Some questions:

1. Farming gecko pelts or farming spears? Which one gives money faster? I already sold some spears, but not gecko pelts. I heard you can sell them for 200 caps each 4 gecko pelts, but it would require a place that you could get geckos on most encounters for it to be more effective than selling spears.

2. Also, slavery is better than the two above? How long in the average it takes to get a slave, and for how much can you sell one? I also discovered that you can capture/sell brahmin, is it more effective than selling slaves?

3. About the caps found in lockers. How many points you need in lockpicking/traps to be able to always open lockers? And how frequently/many caps you get from a locker?

4. I encountered some raiders or slavers that had some caps as their loot, however it was about 10-20 each body. Is there any encounter that gives more caps than that?

5. I am level 10 and have access to level 1 sg/armor. Overall, what method you think would be better for me?

1: Pelts. I believe killing geckos is easier and requires less ammo usually than killing foes wielding spears. However, you cannot craft pelts. You could, if you're willing to do it, get xp for crafting spears and sell them in batches of 100 for 5k caps per batch. Takes more time though.

2: Slaving has been said by most players to make the most caps in the least amount of time. Some players refuse to get into slavery though for RP reasons (they hate the idea of it). Also it is a bit more risky since you have to frequent Den, a PvP town in the TC system where PKs hang out and murder anyone they see.

3: Caps found in lockers vary from 1 to hundreds at a time. It's boosted if you get the Treasure Hunter perk. But how much LP skill is best for opening all lockers? 300. That's 250 + expanded picks. But you can open most of them with less than that, maybe 175-200 skill. In my xp, Traps 50 with Light Step helps a lot, but get Traps over 100 to avoid more injuries.

4: Encounters with more caps...i don't know. You can however find a friend and go on the tanker quest to get a fast 7k caps per character. You can do some repeatable job/quests like killing the ant lair near SF, and killing the dogs of LA. Move boxes...anything but shoveling poo, right?

5: At level 10, without a slaver build, and without max Carry Weight 196, i suggest going for pelts. Make whatever gear you need to do the job and sell pelts for caps, making armor from some. If you have Armor 1 training, then you can make Leather 2, which is good stuff. But don't do this too long - you'll get bored. Find a slaver build (ask Roacher maybe), craft a big batch of spears just so you can compare it yourself. Do all these things yourself and compare by personal experience. Don't let our experiences influence you too much - go do it, man!
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #1224 on: January 06, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »

I want to try farming gecko pelts, but haven't found any good location to hunt them. If you don't get geckos in at least 80% of the encounters and if there are too many other types of enemies at them, then I believe it is not worthy it. Do you know a good area to hunt them? By the way, you sell normal gecko pelts or golden gecko pelts?

I will also try to build a slaver.

Thanks for the answer.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #1225 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »

Best way i know to target certain encounters is to use this awesome tool, the Encounter Finder found here: http://www.nitue.net/

Also use that Character Planner. I don't actually sell any pelts m'self. I use them to make leather armor, but i just like making that armor. And also, if you get a Big Gunner, you can use a flamer to kill geckos pretty easily, especially if you get a Pyro perk. But be careful not to kill any kids! Yo kill one kid and you get permanently branded a child killer.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #1226 on: January 07, 2013, 12:19:40 am »

I am making a build for my future slaver. The wiki page for Followers (http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Followers) says this:

Number of Slaves you can have is 2 + number of Mercs you own (You don't need to have them with you while slaving.).

I find it weird that you need to own mercs to increase the number of slaves you can have. Maybe the person that wrote it meant the number slaves is 2 plus the number of Mercs that I can possibly own? Or do I really need to buy Mercs to increase the number of slaves I can have?
« Reply #1227 on: January 07, 2013, 12:31:08 am »

You get ghoul mercs and dump them at tent, the max amount of slaves you can have is 8 so hauling mercs as well wouldn't be possible. http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=6805

« Reply #1228 on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:30 am »

Thanks for the build.

Why you should level unarmed?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:58:02 am by KeiNivky »
« Reply #1229 on: January 07, 2013, 06:06:05 pm »

Thanks for the build.

Why you should level unarmed?

awareness with 1 pe requires 100 unarmed/melee

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.