"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 09, 2024, 12:07:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 111

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #5  (Read 262419 times)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Questions and Answers #5
« Reply #1020 on: September 09, 2012, 11:27:39 pm »

gambling is useless in game.
Roaming the waste again.

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
« Reply #1021 on: September 13, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »

Quick one guys:
I asked my companion to attack anyone except members of faction and friends (just trying out options for my first companion ever) and he attacked... my brahmin in base. He had no weapon and he died shortly after that.

Will he respawn? I didnt specify where should he go if we get separated. I still have 70 party points used by him. Any info would be appreciated.
Idling....
« Reply #1022 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:41 pm »

Check your tent

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #1023 on: September 14, 2012, 02:26:08 am »

- Followers can no longer be assigned to characters during their logout time.

Can anyone define that please?
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #1024 on: September 14, 2012, 03:04:09 am »

- Followers can no longer be assigned to characters during their logout time.

Can anyone define that please?
if you read the topic its in you will get you answer but i will give you the answer anyway.
it means you can't give a log out character a slave anymore it means now you need to dual log onto the other alt so you can give the slave to the other alts. just devs trolling us.
Roaming the waste again.

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #1025 on: September 14, 2012, 03:14:31 am »

if you read the topic its in you will get you answer but i will give you the answer anyway.
it means you can't give a log out character a slave anymore it means now you need to dual log onto the other alt so you can give the slave to the other alts. just devs trolling us.

Thank you for your answer.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #1026 on: September 14, 2012, 07:21:36 am »

whats the difference between crit chance and hit chance? I did a little test, and have weird results. I have 35% chance to hit with a punch, but only hit 9/50 times. I have 35 crit chance with a laser rifle (untargetted shot), but got a crit 21/50 times. I need to know what the main difference in the mechanics is.
« Reply #1027 on: September 14, 2012, 10:10:05 am »

Pretty certain there is no difference Gimper.  Doing only 50 attacks is hardly a large enough sample to make judgements off of it.  Doing something only 50 times will have a very large margin of error, try a bigger sample size (like 500 times, yes I know very time consuming) and you will get much closer to the percents it should be.
« Reply #1028 on: September 14, 2012, 12:21:25 pm »

Actaully there is a difference. Hit chance is pretty self explenatory, its the first value that is calculated when you make a hit/shot and it determines whether you will hit particular body part of the target or not. Next, your hit (or miss) has a chance to become critical, and that is set by the critical chance value. As the Slaver Snipe said, your sample size is to little to get proper numbers out of it.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #1029 on: September 14, 2012, 01:41:07 pm »

whats the difference between crit chance and hit chance? I did a little test, and have weird results. I have 35% chance to hit with a punch, but only hit 9/50 times. I have 35 crit chance with a laser rifle (untargetted shot), but got a crit 21/50 times. I need to know what the main difference in the mechanics is.
gimper remember that your chance to crit and hit are random. you will end up getting mixed results when doing test like this. some times you will hit/crit alot and other times you will miss alot. its random.
Roaming the waste again.

Doc.Rockso

• I DO COCAINE!
« Reply #1030 on: September 14, 2012, 02:31:16 pm »

gimper remember that your chance to crit and hit are random. you will end up getting mixed results when doing test like this. some times you will hit/crit alot and other times you will miss alot. its random.
If its random, then whats the point of even having the chance?
so your saying even if I have 300 SG skill, my chance to hit is still random?
« Reply #1031 on: September 14, 2012, 02:51:21 pm »

Your overall hit chance is detemined by many factors like perception, perks, target ac, distance etc., including your weapon skill. However, when final hit chance is calculated after including all this modifiers, its value can't exceed 95%. So even with maximum hit chance after 1000 shots you will miss approximately 50 times.
« Reply #1032 on: September 14, 2012, 06:56:32 pm »

"Hexes for spawning are in use, try to enter the game a bit later", what does it mean?
(solved, thanks for JohnnyBravo)
Spawn hex was blocked by car.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:12:23 pm by Horatio »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #1033 on: September 15, 2012, 01:14:05 am »

If its random, then whats the point of even having the chance?
so your saying even if I have 300 SG skill, my chance to hit is still random?
when you have only 35 chance to hit its really random.
even when you have 95 chance to hit its random because there is still 5 chance to fail plus the random chances to miss from   
luck and weapon condition and random other things we don't know about. how else can you explain why  a sniper with 300 can miss 3-4 times in a row. its really random at times.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #1034 on: September 16, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »

Do the Gunrunners allow people to crafting facilities after their reputation went below 500 and got upgraded over 1000?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 111

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 23 queries.