"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 07:44:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Gathering? Waiting?  (Read 31065 times)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: Gathering? Waiting?
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2011, 02:56:18 am »

Hi, I'm new here and would like to provide some feedback from the freshman's point of view.

Seeing how most of the problems discussed here are the ones made by players (abuse, PvP stuff, grind, spreadsheet characters, gathering materials), I'd like to point out "this other stuff" being broken Perks, lack of Quests etc.

First of all - Perks useless in RT mode. Bonus Move should make characters having it actually run faster, while Earlier Sequence could randomly regenerate 2 AP instead of 1, say with a 10% chance.

Second thing - Broken Perks/Stats or ones that do not give any "special ability" only some +Skills bonus. That is Living Anatomy, Ranger's encounters evasion bonus and Perception's encounter placement bonus. Since many Stats/Skills provide such Perks  - builds centered around them are highly unfavourable when compared with tested battle Perks. I would suggest tweaking certain Perks in a way that fits Fonline. For example Mr.Fixit could give 50% chance (or 100% like Crazy Bomber with Traps) to negate failed maintenance durability drop. Near-useless 4-8 extra healed HP from Healer could be switched to upping Luck for the purpose of FA checks or just lower the cooldowns on FA/Doctor.

Quests - they provide shitty exp, pityfull rewards and hours of runing errands all around the world usually give about as much as 5 minutes of farming junk for Brass Knuckles. That certainly needs to change. Low level chars would die a couple times in the process while higher levels just won't bother. A shining exaple are some quests that need say level 10 to initiate but give 200-500 xp at best.

Companions/Slaves/Mercs - They're TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE, especially the basic ones! Seriously, how come a shitty mixed-breed dog found everywhere in the Wasteland is worth a couple guns!? This and lack of actual Fallout NPC "reactions" (yeah, Fallout 2 was crap at that too) completely kills the fun of starting with good Charisma so no wonder most people go with 3 or even 1 if they're joining Player-made faction. Perhaps also make Animal Fiend an ability to catch Geckos of various kind? That and ability to revive fallen companions would be great additions.

I'll add more as I explore the world of Fonline2238 a bit more.

Best Regards,
doc Clumsy
Why do you bring perks, quests and other shit into this topic ? All these faults are known and if you had used search you would know that they are working on them.
The price of companions is dependant on the market need, the more people buy specific comanions, the more expensive they are.

FYI: Living anatomy does more than just adding SP
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2011, 06:53:48 am »

Indeed, doc Clumsy you should really think before you post, as such I shall go down the list of what is wrong about your post
Not all perks are supposed to be useful in RT plenty of people have characters that are made for TB.
Lots of perks are being reworked for the future, Living Anatomy is one of the greatest perks for a pistolero, Most of the perks that add skill points are quite useful when you take them at times where it costs 3+ skillpoints to raise a single point. You say things like healer is useless, I have a merc leader who LOVES it, The leader has no fighting skills but is a fantastic doctor so I can keep my mercs in tip top shape. those 4-10 extra hp can be the difference between losing 50k on a merc or keeping him alive.

Quests require a large amount of scripting and the rewards are mostly fine. 800xp and a leather jacket is nothing to frown upon. Nor is...2500-3k xp for mordino quest. Also they allow those that are new to run around and explore the world with the hope of getting a prize at the end.

Slaves/Mercs prices are terrible because of previous problems with the economy due to bank interest.

Yet another newcomer that wants taming, it has been discussed soooo god damn much use the search function if you want to learn about it.

To sum it up, Use the wiki http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page That will teach you a few things and hopefully make you realize mistakes about comments you have made.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2011, 11:27:17 am »

To those fearing removing cooldowns would ruin economy, it's not like we're going to remove them just like that, without any other adjustments.
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2011, 04:44:25 pm »

For those who bashed at my post - that's speciffically why I opened it with a statement about being a newcomer and presenting my newcomer's point of view as to what changes would be most dsirable.

Pointing me to wiki, please consider that it's outdated and it does say Living Anatomy is broken in the +5dmg department.

I did think before posting this, so please restrain yourself from flamey comments about search function and such. I brought those "already worked on" problems in because - as stated above: these are the ones that bother me most.

There can be no mistakes in one's personal opinion as it is me and myself who knows best what I want and like.
The thread was about fedback and feedback is usually considered to be a sum of poster's experiences and likes/dislikes within the  game at given point in developement, so "known prolems" are just as important as new ones because bringing them up again helps the devs to prioritize their work. Also, as with all formus going on for some time, old topics sink so deep that reviving them would only harness "threadomancer" comments, while doing it my way can bring attention of the makers to what problems scare newbies away. And without constant influx of those frowned upon newbs, the game will just slowly burn out and die, seen that - not a plaesant view.

Also, why some Perks are supposed not to do shit in RT? Because you say so? Its just a matter of implementing them to mechanics other than they were previously designed for, and not simply sealing that part of gmaeplay off out of lazyness imho.

I do realise the previous post was somewhat off-topic, but hope you can forgive me that; seeing how this is one of the most lively threads and thus I hoped it could make my comments more visible.

Sincerely,
doc Clumsy
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:49:09 pm by doc Clumsy »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2011, 10:20:35 pm »

Very simple (i would rather use example without introduction).

Combat armor cost = X metal parts, Y alloys, Z leathers
 Brotherhood amor cost = 3X metalparts, 3Y alloys, 3Z leathers

So simply, the difference of quality between finest stuff and "almost finest stuff" could be small, the difference of needed resources could be big.

It would cause, that players, who want to join specific situation (PvP, PvE,..) could do that without many hours per day gathering, but also players, who have more time could be "rewarded" for their effort. Also this finest stuff would be better trophy in PvP than basic one.

Problems, questions, solutions..:
 1) Not every PvP stuff have its own "almost finest" clone  (I.e.: there is not alternative for Sniper rifle, and sorry, scoped hunting is not).
 2) People could think that difference is not worthy.. but you know .. if you collect tier finest stuff (weapon, armor, ammo, drugs?,..) and put it on at one time, it would give you advantage.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2011, 11:42:48 am »

there is not alternative for Sniper rifle, and sorry, scoped hunting is not).
Bozars for Big Gunners and Laser Rifle for Energy Snipers.
Apart that little correction, i agree with ya.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2011, 03:06:13 pm »

I have been away for a few weeks with a busy time at work and a poorly boy at home ... any chance someone can boil down the last 9 pages into a few lines? ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

RJ

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2011, 03:41:58 pm »

Pointing me to wiki, please consider that it's outdated and it does say Living Anatomy is broken in the +5dmg department.

Where?
"Sanity... is for the weak!"
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2011, 03:47:39 pm »

I have been away for a few weeks with a busy time at work and a poorly boy at home ... any chance someone can boil down the last 9 pages into a few lines? ;)

Not a problem.

[some random bitching about random things]
[remove cooldowns]
[other bitching about random things]

avv

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2011, 04:50:36 pm »

It's basically about discussion how and whether or not to replace gathering cooldowns with challenges, risks and randomness so that cheating with proxies and alts isn't encouraged anymore.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

Ah, I was going to have all higher tier stuff crafted and gathered for at dangerous places - with a PvE method also available. Sort of the same lines.

I did like the idea of the scavenging areas in Themepark etc. Should be possible without too much effort too.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2011, 07:53:21 am »

Where?

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Living_Anatomy

Quote from: Wiki
You have a better understanding of living creatures and their strengths and weaknesses. You get a one-time bonus of +10% to Doctor, and you do +5 damage per attack to living creatures.

Note: Despite its ingame description, this perk gives +20% to Doctor instead of +10% and +5 damage per attack to living creatures. This may or may not be a bug and is subject to change in the future.
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2011, 08:09:43 am »

That's not what it is stating, it is stating it gives 20% doc instead of the 10%. Not that the +5 dmg does not work.

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2011, 05:11:14 am »

I didn't read everything and i think i will not ! But i played fonline for a long time and come back from hard mounths of work, and actuals cooldown !!! wtf ? 26 HQ minerals for 20min ! It's a little too much i think, furthermore we played mounths with 6 hq for 20min, how disapointed i am to see now it's 26.

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2011, 10:17:24 am »

They are just testing a few different things before the wipe happens, After the wipe don't expect it to be anything close to what it is now but it may be improved from what it was before the update.

Scypior just posted about this

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=18164.30

Apparently my edit failed to work and I double posted NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:41:17 pm by Graf »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 23 queries.