"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2 handed gun close-range penalty and special abilities for guns.  (Read 3057 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: 2 handed gun close-range penalty and special abilities for guns.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »

So, you read Real Injuries, one of my suggestions?

yea you had some really nice ideas in that post, I just haven't had the time to comment on them. As far as my perspective on AC v.s. DR/HP goes though its just common sense imo. I like the waste to be believable as I like to believe in the waste. So while I would like to see melee fighters succeed, I want them to do it realistically.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »

Well, to see a Meele realistically succeed, he should have a very heavy armor, and a good weapon, maybe Hammer. Plus, having some throwing knife might help, by injuring the enemy legs or arms, to prevent them shooting or running away. That's my vision, a bit ninja-like, of a working Meele with a good winning rate against other players.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 02:45:17 pm »

i want to say something, do you think that http://youtu.be/mJMFgdh5ecU #Invalid YouTube Link# has some penatly at close range ?? the bullets probably just penetrate target.
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 04:34:48 pm »

Well, it's harder to point if your target is over the minigun, dont ya think?
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:47 pm »

i want to say something, do you think that http://youtu.be/mJMFgdh5ecU #Invalid YouTube Link# has some penatly at close range ?? the bullets probably just penetrate target.

If I was close enough to punch you I wouldn't be in front of the gun anymore, and the only threat would be catching a finger in the barrels as they spin.

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 08:34:39 pm »

Well the problem is that you can't be close enough to punch me. so yeah i agree to give it some kind of balance
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 04:15:53 am »

My solution, a melee fighter who can sneak :) the problem is aside from the first blow this doesn't really give me an advantage over a burster at 1 hex who's second blow can tear me apart :( hence the question of gun control/accuracy at this range.

Sure advanced combat training may allow people to use there rifle like a limb, but what about when fighting against a martial artist?

maybe your (hypothetical) SG/Bg skill should make a roll against my HtH/Melee skill to dictate who comes out on top in this situation...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 07:07:10 am »

Sure advanced combat training may allow people to use there rifle like a limb, but what about when fighting against a martial artist?
Watch "World's Deadliest Warrior"  North korean special forces vs United Stated Rangers.  Act II

I couldn't find a link for it...  But this shows it pretty well.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.699 seconds with 22 queries.