"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 06:12:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mumble vs TS vs VT?  (Read 16224 times)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
Re: Mumble vs TS vs VT?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 08:56:35 pm »

Before saying that something "is the best" or something "is shitty" you could at least try it yourself.
TS overlay plugin and every its part is fully configurable, I don't get what difference is between mumble and TS overlay, overlay is mainly used just to show who's speaking. Still, you can do more with TS overlay than just looking at it or switching it off.
TS can keep useful files and manage file transfers easily, you have much more options for ACL (mumble usergroup's management is poor when compared to that)

Ah, sorry for saying that, I used just wrong words...
Could you show any example of more configured overlay in TS? (just wondering, google send me only defaults one)
About ACL, never get any problems with it, always what I wanted I setted
And about file transfer: I don't know what for is that function, because there is a lot of "dropbox" and other file hostings...

You can't even change volume for every mumble user while in TS you can do it via right-click (and the lack of this is very annoying in mumble as you don't need to tell someone to change his mic volume, you just do it yourself in your TS client if you can't hear someone)..

Yes, that is sometimes annoying, TS is better at this point

You can set a priority speaker for channel so commander will be always heard by everyone
Also I don't remember if there was anything in mumble like poke or mass poke in TS which is very handy (well, there were some "announcements" in mumble but too simple)

In mumble you have prority speaker too, which is get lower sound for other people if "commander" say something.
About poke, is this "muting" people or what? Because I never heard about this word ;P
If yes, in mumble you can mute people one by one only

The choice is yours and I'm not going to argue more about it because bitching about who is using better or worse VoIP tool looks as childish as some boring TC talk...

Ok..

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 01:53:40 am »

Steam voice chat because everything is free. Even keeping a group chat together 24/7 is free.
power

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 02:40:33 pm »

I think TS 3 is on par with 1.2.3 Mumble nowadays. But I cant recommend ventrillo, its way too behind
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 10:41:26 am »

TS3 (with some useful plugis) for fonline purposes, beats all other communcators

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 11:31:07 am »

TS3 (with some useful plugis) for fonline purposes, beats all other communcators

I recognize it's good to avoid being scouted by ennemy teams. Mumble doesn't have such features. But well, if there weren't metagaming and were some fair play, this would not be a problem  :P
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Daro

• Bang Bang Smash
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 11:40:19 am »

What "good options" have you in TS3? You mean file transfering?  ::) And overlay (still as plugin and TS3 developers didn't created it, it's just plugin) still looks shitty and is not so functional.
Compare this:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2461/ts3overlay2010120219482.jpg

To this:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5904/fonline2010112214243557.png
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1121/fonline2010112214244109.png
(default overlay with changed position ;P and fully mumble overlay, which in you can do almost everything what you can do directly on client)
Users can be display in many ways... Even like on this movie (which is my config, best for wide screens :) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-HNzUYPkA
You are making it wrong.
Compare this screen (TS3) and this (mumble).

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »

You are making it wrong.
Compare this screen (TS3) and this (mumble).

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1121/fonline2010112214244109.png
Eh? ;)

I recognize it's good to avoid being scouted by ennemy teams. Mumble doesn't have such features. But well, if there weren't metagaming and were some fair play, this would not be a problem  :P

Mumble has this feature without any plugin, it's just one line in config:
Code: [Select]

allowping=False

Of course you can't do it if you buy virtual server from some hostings... Or you can, if they have AllowPing in their PHP/Django (ICE ;P) API (look for example at MAP - Mumb1e Admin Plugin)

I can easly say like you for example: Ysakjsay is the best application because of fonline purposes...
You didn't write why....

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 08:50:20 pm »

Displaying info about connected people from outside of the server with password can be blocked in TS3.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 08:55:36 pm »

Mumble has this feature without any plugin, it's just one line in config:
Code:

allowping=False

Of course you can't do it if you buy virtual server from some hostings... Or you can, if they have AllowPing in their PHP/Django (ICE ;P) API (look for example at MAP - Mumb1e Admin Plugin)

Thanks you! But TS3 have also another feature: when you connect to a server, all channels are hidden: you don't see who are in (or their number) without entering.

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »

Because you need to use "Subscribe to all channels" option. Of course if you have proper permissions.
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 12:02:51 am »

Professionals use TeamSpeak 3.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 03:17:03 am »

Professionals use TeamSpeak 3.

Except when they use mumble.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 03:33:29 am »

mumble ftw, nuff said.  ;)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 02:17:17 pm »

All your arguments like

mumble ftw, nuff said.  ;)
Except when they use mumble.

push me to TS3. Its like childish saying mine is better because is better.
Just dont get trolled by stupid post from Bali. Give solid arguments :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 27 queries.