"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 05:53:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout 2 Exit Grid  (Read 5790 times)

Fallout 2 Exit Grid
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:21:47 pm »

As I'm waiting for the wipe I decided to fire up Fallout 2 again. I'm playing as a melee crippler (for the lulz) but annoyingly every time I blind someone they run to the exit grid. Is there any way to loot their body on the exit grid/ attack them? I'm at Vault 15 and Phil has been a dick and decided to die on the exit grid, any way to get the key off him?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Fallout 2 Exit Grid
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 03:04:56 am »

No. Don't let them run into the grid.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 03:21:30 am »

Speaking of which I think Fallout 2 put more emphasis on melee compared to any other in the series. Knocking someone out with a blow to the head and groin stomp = manly.
power

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:32:46 am »

No. Don't let them run into the grid.
  Your not serious about this right?  If it's a joke, haha, but if it's not, then this comes to mind:  "Wtf?"
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:24:04 am »

Yeah same thing at Den with Anna's locket quest. Unforntunatley for the 3 thugs my lvl 2 made them run away and could not save her poor sooooooooul.
power
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:12:18 am »

You don't need to blind them, they are running away everytime you cripple them, when I was playing for unarmed (or melee) I was always hitting legs, afte rbreaking leg they starting to run away from you on few hexes, so you can hit them again and again, blinding is good only against NPCs that don't flee when crippled. You can easily kill pack of deathclaws by crippling thier legs one by one and then simply chase them over encounter map to finish, when they are close to exit grid overrun them to be between him and exit grid so he'll start to flee in other direction.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 12:39:34 pm »

Ahh so theres now no way for me to get the key? Damnation! I always enjoyed that part, pretending to be a raider and all. Ah well I'll just have to skip that part as stupidly I didn't save before hand.

Oh and you are absolutely right Y0ssarian. I completed my first run of Fallout 1 with unarmed and Fallout 2 with melee back in the day as a Psycho fuelled addict. Fallout Tactics was a laugh with melee until you get up to the Deathclaws/Super Mutants and Robots.

I think Fallout 3 and New Vegas simply lost the Melee/Unarmed badassery that is predecessors had.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:42:49 pm by Trias »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »

Fallout Tactics was a laugh with melee until you get up to the Deathclaws/Super Mutants and Robots.
It was still lol with browning and psycho till reavers appeared with weapons ignoring psycho (grenade launchers and plasma rifles). Always wondered why they did not nerf drugs in FT.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 06:04:30 pm »

I think Fallout 3 and New Vegas simply lost the Melee/Unarmed badassery that is predecessors had.
 nooooo, you liiieeee.  Melee and unarmed is fucking badass in Fallout new vegas...   Especially when you are a turbo/Psycho druggie.  With all melee perks  ;D  (namely Slayer and (some knockdown perk))

I especially enjoyed knocking people off the bridge... :D
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »

Your not serious about this right?  If it's a joke, haha, but if it's not, then this comes to mind:  "Wtf?"

Of course I am serious. If the enemie dies in the exit grid, you have no chance to get to the body. Never tried to go into the exit grid? It teleports you to the next map / worldmap as soon as you step on it.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 07:50:13 pm »

Of course I am serious. If the enemie dies in the exit grid, you have no chance to get to the body. Never tried to go into the exit grid? It teleports you to the next map / worldmap as soon as you step on it.
 Which is a problem....  There needs to be a switch mode where you can walk on the grids. for an alotted amount of time once you step onto a hex contained on the grid.

And how do you expect a MELEE person to stop a guy from going to the grid in real time?  It feels like a troll post.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:52:38 pm by Michaelh139 »

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 07:58:10 pm »

Just break their legs, they won't run anymore...
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 08:03:49 pm »

Which is a problem....  There needs to be a switch mode where you can walk on the grids. for an alotted amount of time once you step onto a hex contained on the grid.

And how do you expect a MELEE person to stop a guy from going to the grid in real time?  It feels like a troll post.

Well luckily Fallout 2 is purely TB so real time isn't a massive issue. At least in FOnline you can go into battle and then loot the body, no such luck in Fallout 2. You're right though as a switch would be incredibly useful.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 08:11:37 pm »

Fallout 2 not Fonline
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 08:14:30 pm »

Just break their legs, they won't run anymore...
 What if they're already running?  It's not like you can sprint to them and catch them for a chance to hit them.  It all depends on Player's connection vs the other player.

Fallout 2 not Fonline
Ahhh shit my bad.  thx for pointing that out.  (my point toward fonline still stands tho)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 24 queries.