"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 07:55:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Critical Multipliers  (Read 4307 times)

Re: Critical Multipliers
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 05:31:53 am »

I guess it prevents further min-maxing of characters along with endless discussions about that shot into that part of the body being so overpowered and so on.

Crit. tables (and multipliers) are derived from F2 crit. tables, that gives a slight insight into the matter of crit. effects. Further knowledge about CE/CM can be gained by..... TESTING !

I dont think there are any players besides devs that have this knowledge. Moreover, I doubt it would help you in any way. (Still, I would like to see them too!)

I know that it's kind of lame for me to feel this way, but it seems like a matter of principle to me.  Someone just (sort of) mocked me for not knowing that having high luck would increase the damage done by crits, but really how am I supposed to know that?  What intuitive sense does that make?  And I just don't see any legitimate reason to keep this information from the people trying to play this game.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 02:59:01 pm »

But were talking here about Critical hit tables => crit. effects and crit. multipliers. Other than that, everything is made public. You can find it on wiki, or search it here on forum or make a thread and ask.

@Those 2 guys - please dont start another "BG is overpowered, nerf BG / sniper is overpowered, nerf sniper" topic  ::)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 08:25:55 am »

Yes way...  I have 10 end and stonewall and I get knocked out and killed by every single crippler I ever face.  it's either:  Instakill or Knockout (Another form of Insta kill ;)).   Not once except one time i found one of these laser pistol guys in bluesuit and I happened to stumble across him at 1hex already did I ever killed a sniper.  I'm not fucking joking.  It only takes 2 shots and I get killed.  where as to kill a sniper bg has to get up at 1hex or be a critical damage burster that does huge damage regularly at any distance but even then he has to give up some stats like Endurance to make such a build.

Unless there's more than one bg a lone bg vs a sniper in 75% or more (99% in my case) BG obviously loses.  Besides that, a sniper can keep a big gunner from being able to even use his weapon even if he isn't knocked out by breaking his arms, and he can break his legs so he can't run away.  There is simply too many advantages snipers and cripplers have against big gunners.

In my experiences as a crippler, I either knockout his gun, score a KO, or die. Even though to eyes a good crippler can almost always critical, there is no guarantee the critical will be good enough to save you. So it's not as flawless as it seems

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 08:37:59 am »

In my experiences as a crippler, I either knockout his gun, score a KO, or die. Even though to eyes a good crippler can almost always critical, there is no guarantee the critical will be good enough to save you. So it's not as flawless as it seems

the thing is that being crippler you can cost yourself like 500 caps total (for example leather jacket + laser pistol 250+120 caps) and easily defeat someone with ba+avenger what would be over 20k caps. Solar already told many times, that prices and everything will change after wipe, but at current state things like that are very wrong.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 09:00:47 am »

So does that mean 3k mousers? IDK how they could fix that without nerfing criticals and killing the SG class.
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 11:17:26 am »

armor is intended to have an effect against criticals as well, not simply better dr/dt/ac with better armor or was it against ko/kd.
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 01:21:36 pm »

I hope that when overall cripples are nerfed, unarmed characters' crippling abilities get boosted somehow - or something else, like no point-blank shooting at an unarmed char etc.
Because nerfing criticals means nerfing almost all the unarmed characters. And it's pretty hard to play a hth char already.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 01:35:25 pm »

I hope that when overall cripples are nerfed, unarmed characters' crippling abilities get boosted somehow - or something else, like no point-blank shooting at an unarmed char etc.
Because nerfing criticals means nerfing almost all the unarmed characters. And it's pretty hard to play a hth char already.

After wipe You will many option to create uber HtH build.

I wouldnt worry about HtH builds.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:13:52 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 02:02:31 pm »

Dont tell them that...  ::)

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

I want to have some HtH enemies after wipe :D
Anyway all informations are here
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.