"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 08:06:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Critical Multipliers  (Read 4308 times)

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
Critical Multipliers
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:43:49 am »

I was just wonfdering if weapons had their own critical multipliers similar to Falloiut 3:
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_hit_tables#Critical_Multiplier

Like better chance tor criticalk with sniper rifle than with 10mm poistol?

Becaous it seems energy weapons critical more than samall guns when I use same sniper builds for respective weapons.

If so, could this infronmation* be published?

*which weapons givew what crirtical chance bonues
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:29:03 am by The Good Doctor »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Critical Multipliers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:12:24 am »

if i remember right energy weapons have separate critical hit table :) and in my opinion it sucks hard, now laser pistol which is suppose to be low tier weapon does around 100 damage on average with each hit, while lvl 3 weapons like 223 pistol hardly do that.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:16:21 pm »

if i remember right energy weapons have separate critical hit table :)
You remember wrong!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 08:22:43 pm »

either way both sides of the criticals (sg and ew) are highly overpowered so...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

The Good Doctor

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 11:59:45 pm »

So could a Develeper or GM pleaser pubnlish the critical table for the diffenert types of weapons?

It is difficulat play-testing sniper, I would much rather play sniper.

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:00:37 am »

So could a Develeper or GM pleaser pubnlish the critical table for the diffenert types of weapons?

It is difficulat play-testing sniper, I would much rather play sniper.

Critical tables are not available to public.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

The Good Doctor

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:37:53 am »

Altright, but can we art least know if there is* a difference in ciritcal multiplier between weapons(Like smallgun compared to energyweapon) or are they all using the same critical multiplier tabels?

*just if there is a differenrece, not what the diference is
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 07:41:28 am »

I dislike this.  How are we supposed to play the game to the best of our ability's with imperfect knowledge?  Surely there are some players out there (whether through hackery or social skills) are familiar with this knowledge and thus have an unfair advantage.  Is there any legitimate reason at all to keep this information from the players?
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 01:35:12 pm »

Developers many times said it's the same for all the weapon types.

The Good Doctor

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:02 pm »

Developers many times said it's the same for all the weapon types.

Can't your cite your source pleaser? I wouldf like to know if this is true officially.

Too manny times peoples say thjings which are wrong or misleasding here..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:05:10 pm by The Good Doctor »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 03:28:36 am »

I dislike this.  How are we supposed to play the game to the best of our ability's with imperfect knowledge?  Surely there are some players out there (whether through hackery or social skills) are familiar with this knowledge and thus have an unfair advantage.  Is there any legitimate reason at all to keep this information from the players?
I guess it prevents further min-maxing of characters along with endless discussions about that shot into that part of the body being so overpowered and so on.

Crit. tables (and multipliers) are derived from F2 crit. tables, that gives a slight insight into the matter of crit. effects. Further knowledge about CE/CM can be gained by..... TESTING !

I dont think there are any players besides devs that have this knowledge. Moreover, I doubt it would help you in any way. (Still, I would like to see them too!)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 03:21:50 am »

either way both sides of the criticals (sg and ew) are highly overpowered so...

No way! In order to use criticals (for aimed shots anyway..) you have to specialize your entire build for it, and still BG goons take you out plenty of times.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 03:26:49 am »

No way! In order to use criticals (for aimed shots anyway..) you have to specialize your entire build for it, and still BG goons take you out plenty of times.
Yes way...  I have 10 end and stonewall and I get knocked out and killed by every single crippler I ever face.  it's either:  Instakill or Knockout (Another form of Insta kill ;)).   Not once except one time i found one of these laser pistol guys in bluesuit and I happened to stumble across him at 1hex already did I ever killed a sniper.  I'm not fucking joking.  It only takes 2 shots and I get killed.  where as to kill a sniper bg has to get up at 1hex or be a critical damage burster that does huge damage regularly at any distance but even then he has to give up some stats like Endurance to make such a build.

Unless there's more than one bg a lone bg vs a sniper in 75% or more (99% in my case) BG obviously loses.  Besides that, a sniper can keep a big gunner from being able to even use his weapon even if he isn't knocked out by breaking his arms, and he can break his legs so he can't run away.  There is simply too many advantages snipers and cripplers have against big gunners.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.