"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:32:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: About the Alting problem (it not means to eliminate them)  (Read 6522 times)

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
About the Alting problem (it not means to eliminate them)
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:44:10 pm »

First of all some of my toughs
To many people thinks that alts should be elliminated, and people will be only able to create one char, it dont means to "i create mi sg, now i will delete it and make a new EW" it means that you in your faction do certain roll: crafter, SG, BG, etc. and the other guys help you with the things that you can do, it sounds good to me, its the way that my little faction works, and its very realistic.

About alt especialitation, im not against a purely Warlord party being leaded by taxi alts, im only against doubleloging, and i think that fasterloging is too bugged to be considered

But i see a big problem with alting, no one knows who is everyone, you kill some alt in the desert with your alt, then you change of alt and he too, you can meet again and talk and be friends... thats shit
The truly alting problem is related with the Impersonalitation of the players, youre hunted for be pk or thief in NCR, then you change of alt and go into NCR without any problem, EVERYONE has thief alts.
We need to know who is who in the wastes

I have two solutions for this:
1.-You see: AlterEgo, he has 190/190hp, is wielding a Spear and he is a Reiniat alt
funny and easy solution by clicking in See youll be able to know from who is the alt.
Since all your alts are alts to you(smurf) you should be able to choose your "alter name" or it can be the name first char created by you.
it will require a lot of scripts, but believe me, is a very needed thing  

2.-This one is more easy, you can choose a name for your char, and all the alts will be named; walle1, walle2, walle3, etc.
its not a very good idea, but is faster to do
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:22:54 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
Re: About the Alting problem (it not means to eliminate them)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:24 pm »

Bad Idea :p like for that if 2 guys play frome one computer then what?

JovankaB

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »

Horrible idea, and exact opposite of what I think this game should be. If this is supposed be a role playing game, you don't interact with gamers, but with their characters. You should be able to be a friend of one and enemy of other, even if it's a rare case. And I don't want all people to know that the thief and crafter is played by the same person. You just want it like some stupid shooter, where you fight people from clans and what their characters represent doesn't matter. Of course in reality you are friend of your friends, but you want to enforce it.

walle1, walle2? Seriously dude, you only forgot about mandatory clan tags  :-X
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:15:27 pm by JovankaB »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:05:41 pm »

Why would you kill your friend on another alt? That doesn't even make sense.

I don't see the problem in keeping your alts secret from one another. Not to mention having "...oh this is so-and-so's alt, FYI" would take all atmosphere out of the game.

And for your second point (2.-): Numbers in names look stupid, and this would take all originality out of usernames.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:08:11 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:24 pm »

Horrible idea, and exact opposite of what I think this game should be. If this is supposed be a role playing game, you don't interact with gamers, but with their characters. You should be able to be a friend of one and enemy of other. And I don't want all people to know that the thief and crafter is played by the same person. You just want it like some stupid shooter, where you fight people from clans and what their character represents doesn't matter. Of course in reality you are friend of your friends, but you want to enforce it.

Uh... this is about what each person likes. I hope this dont becomes a treath of 5 pages were 2 egocentric guys try to be the one with the truth.
So i respect your idea tough i need to fresh some points

I play multiplayer shooter games ALL the time they exists, i remember that old Syphon Filter battles with 16 people in the Psone, also that tournaments of Crash Bash. so maybe youre right... BUT SHOOTERS ARE NOT STUPIDS.

This is about being a false man, "i thief all the guys in NCR, also i have a pk and a anti pk alt" this sounds like shit for me, make more of one alt to act like certain things, looks like a light way of look the life... things goes shitty, then you change your name and everything is fine.
is like those guys that mess the things in the forum, so they create another account and continue, but mods ban him, same way in the game (with no bans).
dont take this personally since we both have a point of see and it will not change, is the normal human behavior

About Wichura, say "what problem?" means nothing

Why would you kill your friend on another alt? That doesn't even make sense.

I don't see the problem in keeping your alts secret from one another. Not to mention having "...oh this is so-and-so's alt, FYI" would take all atmosphere out of the game.

And for your second point (2.-): Numbers in names look stupid, and this would take all originality out of usernames.
you dont understand, but you should think that people interacts between chars and not between real life person. its my error, im not a english speaker

Yes option 2 is a piece of shit, i edit first post.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:30:38 pm by Reiniat »

Sorry for my bad english
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 04:29:26 pm »

How exactly do you plan on having this implemented? By I.P.? Then people will just use a proxy to create new characters so you can't tell who it is.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 04:34:20 pm »

How exactly do you plan on having this implemented? By I.P.? Then people will just use a proxy to create new characters so you can't tell who it is.
mmh if there is a way of evade this it doesnt matter. there is a way to evade everything, also devs should ban all the actual cheaters for fast reloging.
 things like relogging use IP too, its pretty bugged and no one change that, i normally do Fastrelogings without any change to IP or proxy. im just abusing a bug, not cheating.

Sorry for my bad english

JovankaB

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 04:39:44 pm »

I don't see a problem with having PK and APK character at the same time. I know some people doing it and never had a problem with it. I simply treat characters accordingly to their actions, for me it doesn't matter who control them. It's not "false man" as long as the characters don't interact with each other, for example share one tent. And even if they do I still think it's better than killing someone because "it's alt of that guy from Russia I dont like". Sorry dude, but that's just lame in my book.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:44:42 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:36 pm »

mmh if there is a way of evade this it doesnt matter. there is a way to evade everything, also devs should ban all the actual cheaters for fast reloging.
 things like relogging use IP too, its pretty bugged and no one change that, i normally do Fastrelogings without any change to IP or proxy. im just abusing a bug, not cheating.

You make me smile when you state the obvious about re-logging using the I.P. too. JUST LIKE LOGGING! Also you may be getting away with fast-relog due to the fact gms can't always be online AND they can't spend all their time looking for fast re-loggers and this suggestion will just create more shoot on site scenarios which IMO is a bad idea.

OP, Indeed but some people don't really like the aspect of roleplaying and as such want to punish those that do RP their characters.

BP, Fallo....QUAKE YEA!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:57:42 pm by Slaver Snipe »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 06:21:30 pm »

OP, Indeed but some people don't really like the aspect of roleplaying and as such want to punish those that do RP their characters.

What the fuck do "these people" in a roleplaying game then? This is like punching the ice cream seller in the face because he sells icecream, punching a firefighter because he rescued you out of your burning house, etc...

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 06:50:52 pm »

I don't see a problem with having PK and APK character at the same time. I know some people doing it and never had a problem with it. I simply treat characters accordingly to their actions, for me it doesn't matter who control them. It's not "false man" as long as the characters don't interact with each other, for example share one tent. And even if they do I still think it's better than killing someone because "it's alt of that guy from Russia I dont like". Sorry dude, but that's just lame in my book.

we both have diferent opinions and we never change it.
i suggest to see hear the opinion of other people (as far as i know forum are for share opinions, people never changes what they think)

if you make an alt you still being the same person, keep that in count

Sorry for my bad english

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »

if you make an alt you still being the same person, keep that in count

Someone failed to get what an actual roleplaying game is.

M.D.Master

• Death is but a door, Time is but a window.
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »

Touché!
Best comment i've read in years.
It's easier to destroy than to create...
Go create something!

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 07:17:04 pm »

Smurf.... im a RP (and one very deep, i feel this like an insult) but you still being the same guy sitting in front of the monitor, no matter of what char you play, you still taking desitions based on what you really are.
Also i get this realy false, there is only a couple of guys that really do RP, why do you come saying that this dont help to RP? RP is almost dead, i remember you in other post saying that RP can't be here, desilutioning a little boy (in fact hes idea was wrong), so what now?
Or youre RP with other alt now?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:18:53 pm by Reiniat »

Sorry for my bad english

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 07:52:52 pm »

So you want to destroy the last remains of roleplaying and make this a game only for people who collect ten walle1-walle10 alts over a town for evening deathmatch sessions.

::)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:55:33 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.