"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:37:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Minor Hotel Excitement  (Read 1289 times)

Minor Hotel Excitement
« on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:03 pm »

I love hotels, and I want them to become the dominant form of player housing. They just need more fleshing out as a feature. I'm sick of you creepy hermits living in solitary confinement. I'm pushing you out of your grubby little tent into the real world. The more we bundle players into hotels, the more they come into regular contact with each other, the more players interact. We also suck more money out of the economy, which is never a bad thing. Just a few small suggestions I hope might make it in before the Wipe.

So, here's what I've got:

1. Reno. Whole mess of unused hotels there. Why not copy/paste the first floor of the Shark club, and make it go up four or five floors? Sure, Reno's dangerous, but that's the tradeoff of having so many rooms! Living in the slums! Sexy! Exciting! Same with the Desperado. Right now it's only one floor, I say why not THREE FLOORS?

2. Basements. It saves having to redesign the Hub's Maltese Falcon and make it several stories high (though that would be much cooler). Find a currently existing hotel, and stick a few basement levels down there. Or a few upstairs levels - I don't think anybody's going to get too angry that the building exterior hasn't been redesigned. Quick and dirty, but it will make a huge difference.

3. Motels. Guarded hotels that exist on the outskirts of every town to encourage people to settle near TC towns without the risk of respawning in a town during a firefight.

4. Nobody can go into your hotel room but you. People running into other people's hotel room and getting trapped is stupid as hell. Make it so using your hotel door brings up a dialogue window, you choose to enter and it just teleports you inside.

5. Ask how many days you have left. I'm pretty sure this feature doesn't exist. It would just be nice to know how many more days your rent is covered for.

6. Ability to resign your hotel room. Self explanatory.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:32:48 pm by Badger »
Re: Minor Hotel Excitement
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:32:24 pm »

But they are going to change hotels that it'll private contain room for every character, looks like special location, so you don't need to make alot floors and rooms.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:33:38 pm »

But they are going to change hotels that it'll private contain room for every character, looks like special location, so you don't need to make alot floors and rooms.

Wait, really? Where was this? I thought Lexx said they'd never do that, just because of the sheer demand on the server or something similar. I hope you're right. Though I would prefer an enormous building where you rub shoulders with other players, rather than a functionally identical tent inside a building. But hey, that would solve the no hotel rooms problem perfectly.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:38:04 pm »

Oh well, I only heard that all players would afford it, not only those, who came 1st, but I see no other way how they can do that...
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 06:15:19 pm »

I love hotels, and I want them to become the dominant form of player housing. They just need more fleshing out as a feature. I'm sick of you creepy hermits living in solitary confinement. I'm pushing you out of your grubby little tent into the real world. The more we bundle players into hotels, the more they come into regular contact with each other, the more players interact. We also suck more money out of the economy, which is never a bad thing. Just a few small suggestions I hope might make it in before the Wipe.

So, here's what I've got:

1. Reno. Whole mess of unused hotels there. Why not copy/paste the first floor of the Shark club, and make it go up four or five floors? Sure, Reno's dangerous, but that's the tradeoff of having so many rooms! Living in the slums! Sexy! Exciting! Same with the Desperado. Right now it's only one floor, I say why not THREE FLOORS?

2. Basements. It saves having to redesign the Hub's Maltese Falcon and make it several stories high (though that would be much cooler). Find a currently existing hotel, and stick a few basement levels down there. Or a few upstairs levels - I don't think anybody's going to get too angry that the building exterior hasn't been redesigned. Quick and dirty, but it will make a huge difference.

3. Motels. Guarded hotels that exist on the outskirts of every town to encourage people to settle near TC towns without the risk of respawning in a town during a firefight.

4. Nobody can go into your hotel room but you. People running into other people's hotel room and getting trapped is stupid as hell. Make it so using your hotel door brings up a dialogue window, you choose to enter and it just teleports you inside.

5. Ask how many days you have left. I'm pretty sure this feature doesn't exist. It would just be nice to know how many more days your rent is covered for.

6. Ability to resign your hotel room. Self explanatory.

#Sounds like an awsome idea, i'd happily pay for a hotel rather then save up for a tent.

But thats just me.
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »

Such a change is not planned. At least I don't know of it. Something similar might come for players who are in npc factions (maybe the rumor comes from there?), but even about this we didn't talked a lot yet.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 12:49:36 am »

Oh yes, dynamite in the halls!
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Ardihan

• First do not harm. Second run the hell away.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 07:13:59 pm »

Id say that the whole point of an online game is player & player interaction, Anything that fosters this is a terrific idea in my book.

Although it might be better if you call them apartments instead of hotels, Purely aesthetic of course but I think its a more appropriate name for em.

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »

i think it's good  ;)
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.397 seconds with 23 queries.