"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:15:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: what to do with bilion caps?  (Read 4489 times)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: what to do with bilion caps?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 03:09:39 pm »

@ this actual suggestion:

Just +1 DT for one armor (1 DR is almost nothing) is not worth it for 100,000 caps.

Just +1 damage for one gun is not worth it for 100,000 caps.
(Especially when you say it will have a 50% chance of not working).

People will never do this because armors and guns can be lost very easily. Post-wipe, there won't be bank interest, and [hopefully] won't be any TC glitches, so people aren't going to spend their hard-earned caps for something that can be lost so quickly.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 06:42:04 pm »

Ok,
so everybody knows that after reaching maximum lvl, best stuff gathered game is becoming a litle bit boring... You know - have everything so what to do? Especialy with milions of caps?

I have some ( IMO) interesnting options:
1. there can something like stuff upgrade for big amounts of money.

Lets say  there will be armorer in enclave who can TRY to upgrade your armor.
Each attempt would have some % in success ( lets say 50%) and cost lets say 100 000 caps.

Each upgrade would rise all DT by 1 and DR by 1%.
If attempt would fail item and caps are gone.

2. Same could be done with weapons uograding:

Lets say  there will be weaponsmith in Brotherhood who can TRY to upgrade your weapon.
Each attempt would have some % in success ( lets say 50%) and cost lets say 100 000 caps.

Each upgrade would rise max dmg by 1

i smell Atlantica Online idea? :D if it was 10k maybe and could be done to some limited " + " then sure, weapons will get destroyed sooner or later
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 07:01:15 am »

Leave behind walls, scenery items- Easter Egg Hunt!

Also, mercs.

Do suicide runs in guarded towns with mercs.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 09:14:14 pm »

@ this actual suggestion:

Just +1 DT for one armor (1 DR is almost nothing) is not worth it for 100,000 caps.

Just +1 damage for one gun is not worth it for 100,000 caps.
(Especially when you say it will have a 50% chance of not working).

People will never do this because armors and guns can be lost very easily. Post-wipe, there won't be bank interest, and [hopefully] won't be any TC glitches, so people aren't going to spend their hard-earned caps for something that can be lost so quickly.

u got a point when u say no one would invest in them becouse they would get lost

BUT

the idea can be aplied for other things

100K for +1 hp ( max buy of 10/20)

200k for +1 ap ( capped at 5)

100k for +1 dr ( cappes at 5)

100K for 1 skill point capped at 10

u get the idea

there are interesting ways to spend money, the point isnt to make chars OP but to give them a little edgde on battles

P.S all numbers are random just to give the big picture
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 08:42:51 pm »

Ok,
so everybody knows that after reaching maximum lvl, best stuff gathered game is becoming a litle bit boring... You know - have everything so what to do? Especialy with milions of caps?

I have some ( IMO) interesnting options:
1. there can something like stuff upgrade for big amounts of money.

Lets say  there will be armorer in enclave who can TRY to upgrade your armor.

Each upgrade would rise all DT by 1 and DR by 1%.

2. Same could be done with weapons uograding:

Lets say  there will be weaponsmith in Brotherhood who can TRY to upgrade your weapon.

Each upgrade would rise max dmg by 1
If you are rich you can upgrade leather armor to APA and same is with hunting rifle or similar shit...

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 09:48:38 pm »

u got a point when u say no one would invest in them becouse they would get lost

BUT

the idea can be aplied for other things

100K for +1 hp ( max buy of 10/20)

200k for +1 ap ( capped at 5)

100k for +1 dr ( cappes at 5)

100K for 1 skill point capped at 10

u get the idea

there are interesting ways to spend money, the point isnt to make chars OP but to give them a little edgde on battles

P.S all numbers are random just to give the big picture

this will only make bigger the abysm between rich and poors
IM COMPLETELY DISAGREE (i come from a little poor Mexican family, so i never change of opinion about give more power in exchange of money)

A better sugestion could be exchange XP for the upgrades, this way veteran players will be favoured, and they will have a advantage against new lvl21 char, and there will be more reasons to focus in only one char,and not in like-condoms alts.
We need to support old players with old chars, not rich pwnzors gangs.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 01:22:10 am »

this will only make bigger the abysm between rich and poors
IM COMPLETELY DISAGREE (i come from a little poor Mexican family, so i never change of opinion about give more power in exchange of money)

A better sugestion could be exchange XP for the upgrades, this way veteran players will be favoured, and they will have a advantage against new lvl21 char, and there will be more reasons to focus in only one char,and not in like-condoms alts.
We need to support old players with old chars, not rich pwnzors gangs.

How are the XPs converted to better guns?
Magic?
Money would make technical sense because it motivates the effort of a gunsmith, pays for better materials, etc.

Veteran players could perhaps have a "storyteller" quest where thay trade XP for caps- "tell their stories"/etc.

Then use the caps.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »

How are the XPs converted to better guns?
Magic?
Money would make technical sense because it motivates the effort of a gunsmith, pays for better materials, etc.

Veteran players could perhaps have a "storyteller" quest where thay trade XP for caps- "tell their stories"/etc.

Then use the caps.

how can you pay 1milion caps for get one HP?....what a hell is a HP?
This game is completely surreal, thats the way of the FO2 devs of Interplay and Black Isle.
Fallout (and Fonline) is SYFY, not SCI FI (tough the channel still having the same type of series after the change of name)
About storyteller quest, veteran players dont need money... exchange XP for money is useless, if you have 1million XP youll be proud of that and there will be not point to get caps for become into a normal alt. also this way the completely ingame economy will be even worst.

Give bonus like HP, or weapon upgrades (that applies to all the same weapons you have) in exchange of XP will be a nice idea
There will be less alting and players will have a point to still playing with the same char, also it will be a recon to all the veteran chars. 

Sorry for my bad english

Delta77

• Just walk away.. and put and end to this horror
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:55 pm »

GO TO NEW RENO WITH ALL THE CAPS AND SHOUT IM RICH!!! Everybody will want to see u, talk and maybe some other things, u will be popular. if u dont like that one buy a lot of bases
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 12:26:14 am »

if u dont like that one buy a lot of bases
You can't because of no names avaible, but really, just buy alot mercs and start kill people in guarded towns, that's fun! When mercs die, buy again and again and again, get 9 CH +MP friends, and capture guarded towns with lotsa mercs, kill everyone and laught, may be some noob will even create a topic about you! Or just create a topic in Trade section that you're buying alot dynamite for billions caps and then explode it 24/7, put dynamite into workbrenches, at bank and entrance points! Or become Mabus' follower and put 2895743985 mercs in Gecko mine and shout that everyone PKs and you're protecting mine from them! Or fill traders' buildings with mercs so noone can enter it! Surround Buster by filling his tent with mercs, block exit grid with mercs, block all entrances, make town impossible to enter by filling all hexes on map with mercs, kill FPS and make computers freeze by moving 4574389563847 mercs on the same map!
Create roung wall from mercs somewhere, lure all guards there, and then close this wall with other mercs so guards will be trapped there and then start kill people in town without guards!

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 09:42:23 pm »

You can't because of no names avaible, but really, just buy alot mercs and start kill people in guarded towns, that's fun! When mercs die, buy again and again and again, get 9 CH +MP friends, and capture guarded towns with lotsa mercs, kill everyone and laught, may be some noob will even create a topic about you! Or just create a topic in Trade section that you're buying alot dynamite for billions caps and then explode it 24/7, put dynamite into workbrenches, at bank and entrance points! Or become Mabus' follower and put 2895743985 mercs in Gecko mine and shout that everyone PKs and you're protecting mine from them! Or fill traders' buildings with mercs so noone can enter it! Surround Buster by filling his tent with mercs, block exit grid with mercs, block all entrances, make town impossible to enter by filling all hexes on map with mercs, kill FPS and make computers freeze by moving 4574389563847 mercs on the same map!
Create roung wall from mercs somewhere, lure all guards there, and then close this wall with other mercs so guards will be trapped there and then start kill people in town without guards!

And maybe then devs realize (at last!!!) that mercs shouldn't be in Fonline
BECAUSE THIS IS A PVP GAME
tough Ravenous make this comentary an awesome piece of inspiration for all the Slaves and Leaders in the wastes. A completely posible dream.

Sorry for my bad english

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 06:54:01 pm »

And maybe then devs realize (at last!!!) that mercs shouldn't be in Fonline
BECAUSE THIS IS A PVP GAME
tough Ravenous make this comentary an awesome piece of inspiration for all the Slaves and Leaders in the wastes. A completely posible dream.

this game is pvp? lol

this game is far from being pvp

mercs are an important culture of the fallout world

if anything they need better balacing
Aku Soku Zan

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 08:21:09 pm »

this game is pvp? lol

this game is far from being pvp

mercs are an important culture of the fallout world

if anything they need better balacing

mercs are important culture in fallout world=True
unfortunately fallout was a singleplayer game, this is Fonline, sacrifices needs to be done.

also this game is REALLY a shooter game, it has a lot of potencial of course, but lvling is too faster, you can reach lvl21 in days, and the posivility of multiple characters screw up the sense of RPGing (no RP, RPGing)

sometimes i feel this game too pointless, but we must wait to wipe for see what happen...

Sorry for my bad english
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:32 pm »

There is no mercenaries in Fo1 and Fo2.

There are followers, companions of the character.

I think that playing with a few mercs is still something that could be interresting for some players.

As long as there is a real player to play them, not a lvl1 dual log... :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 1.807 seconds with 23 queries.