Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you want implants?

Yes, I want implants that disapear after death.
Yes, but permanent implants
No, I dont want implants

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Buying implants  (Read 6112 times)

Buying implants
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:53:44 pm »

What about ability to buying implants for money that are destroyed when you die? There were implants in fallout 2. However, I think that rather there should be implants increasing max hp for let say 10-50 hp for 1000-20000 caps (bigger much more expensive then small one), increasing str by 1 for 3000 caps and by 2 for 10000 caps, increasing charisma. Increasing attributes can cost hp. The idea from fallout 2, that implants just increase dmg res is bad, cause it would be too strong, I think. They can also work like traits - have good and bad features - for example increasing hp by 80, but decreasing dmg res by 20, or decreasing trueshold while increasing dmg res. Interesting can be implants radicaly increasing one type of res, and decreasing others. There also can be implants increasing some skills or cheap implant increasing carry weight.

Maybe doc lev 3 will be able to make them? I'm not sure if it is good idea. Rather docs in towns should be able to make them for money. I dont know if it is possible, but it could be item that char uses on self, or it can be done by talk. The bigger problem can be disapearing when char dies, I dont know if it is possible to implement.

Also certain number of implants can require certain EN - for example: with 7 you can have 1 implant, with 9 you can have 2 (maybe first implant with 3 or 5 EN?). Having implants can also require some skills in science and repair, to make it harder to get them. It would be great if implants would need energy ammo to work.

I would say it once again - the implants should disapear, when char dies! This would make them extremely expensive. It will be new way for spending money, becouse, now, as I know gangs have problem with spending whole their money.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:19:19 am by God of Thunder »
"I am the lord of the wastelands, A modern day man of steel,
I gather darkness to please me, and I command you to kneel
before the
God of Thunder and rock'n'roll"
- KiSS "God of Thunder", wastelanders anthem

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Buying implants
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:03:52 am »

i made similar suggestion once, but not many people liked it :D but solar said that vc citizens will be able to have ca implants, so for that we just need to wait :>

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:07:06 am »

Rather than make huge temporary boost I would like to see some little permanent boost, like +5/15 hp permanently through implants or learning some minor perk through quest/money (like skinning in F2). Everything that will help break current situations when majority of characters are pretty much like clones will help and this particular idea is imho the good one.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:08:12 am »

i made similar suggestion once, but not many people liked it :D but solar said that vc citizens will be able to have ca implants, so for that we just need to wait :>

Oops, I forget to search the forum before posting. Sorry for that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:20:21 am by God of Thunder »
before the
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:18:34 am »

I made a similar suggestion some time ago, yet on NMA boards. Such system would at last give us a reason to spend caps on something, but what I like the most in this idea is that death would finally matter something for top level players, with all the available implants on them. Definitly +1 for the idea.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:33:19 am »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 06:00:59 am »

-1 because of money..

As i told before last wipe, money will not be limit for PvP. That time, before huge economy changes, nobody believes me. I have a truth, money are from the air, as one GM said.

So no money.

Why you need to boost your char? Do you realize, that PvP players with gang background behind their backs will have the biggest advantage from this. They pure  PvP chars will be more stronger.

Maybe temporary boost by this implants (until your char die) with money, quest, special item, good karma combination is not bad idea. But i dont need it now.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »

-1 because of money..

As i told before last wipe, money will not be limit for PvP. That time, before huge economy changes, nobody believes me. I have a truth, money are from the air, as one GM said.

It's the current exploits that need fixing and it doesn't make the suggestion any less valuable.

Why you need to boost your char?

And why won't you just stay on level 1 if you don't need a character boost? In fact a gradual progress is something that keeps people playing.

Do you realize, that PvP players with gang background behind their backs will have the biggest advantage from this. They pure  PvP chars will be more stronger.

So what?
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 01:49:20 pm »

Well, this would kinda disbalance the game. The already grander and better big and PVP factions will just get even more grander and better.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 02:00:28 pm »

The already grander and better big and PVP factions will just get even more grander and better.

Again, so what? Organised groups will always have an advantage over a lone player, no system will change that and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

avv

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »

Make them disappear when you die, would put a price for your life.

Again, so what? Organised groups will always have an advantage over a lone player, no system will change that and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Yeah. And that's how it goes. Nasty evil gangs are dominating the wastes with violence and fear.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 04:15:58 pm »

I am in the big gang and i dont think that this kind of players needs more powerfull chars. But i can imagine implants based on quest, where charisma is required (5), so non PvP char can get this advantage.

But this must be only temporary (until death), because if this implant will exist forever, all PvP char players will risk addiction from mentats. 6+ charisma is too big for regular player and if the implant will be permanent, this will lead to more unbalance.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 02:04:21 pm »

I am in the big gang and i dont think that this kind of players needs more powerfull chars.

It is not the case of more or less powerful chars, but make power more temporary, fragile and easy too lose. Couse now you just need to get CA and weapon, and you are in full power few minutes after death. This way you will need more money and time to regain maximal possible power after death.
before the
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 06:17:06 pm »

As a player that plays alone and always has tons of cash lying around I'd love this. Who cares if gangs get stronger, so will I.

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 06:34:48 pm »

I think that such implants shouldn't include a SPECIAL boost - it would mess up a character build too much. People would create pretty useless characters, having in mind that they will buy a boost later (kinda like they do with drugs now). It might also cause a frustration for new players that would't know about this feature while building their character, and later on, being on a level 21 would find out that they could have "bought" a couple of extra char points (I'd be quite pissed off myself  :P). That's why I think that none of these adjustments should interfere with character planning. Here are some examples of possible, purchasable boosts that certainly wouldn't break the game balance, but would make a character design a bit less bare - boned:

armor class boost,
HP increase,
some useless skill increase,
critical hits effectiveness,
resistance for some particular type of damage,
poison/radiation resistance,
world map travel speed,
range for throwing weapons,
sight range,
FOV range,
drugs effect duration,
sequence (it should be given some meaning in RT though),
healing rate,
melee damage
chance of setting off traps (if ever implemented),
AP cost of using items in inventory,
chance to be crippled during the fight,

It would be also interesting if some more valuable adjustments were only available for members of some particular faction.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:36:23 pm by Elmehdi »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.517 seconds with 20 queries.