"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Craftable Jet Cure?  (Read 5013 times)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Craftable Jet Cure?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 03:00:26 pm »

...maybe via a quest (althought alting would make this useless).
If it is a repeatable, but hard quest that makes sense, then alts wouldn't have any point.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 04:04:29 pm »

If it is a repeatable, but hard quest that makes sense, then alts wouldn't have any point.

+1 or maybe quest witch heals you from jet but doesn't grant you the iteam itself

but on the other hand i stilll i say NO NOI NO NO Jet is uncureable !
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 03:06:14 am »

A jet antidote with a 50% chance of killing permanenetly the character?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 05:00:02 am »

A jet antidote with a 50% chance of killing permanenetly the character?

Dumb idea spotted... If you can take this risk, just deleteself, it will cure it...
Just make jet addictions like others (and only a 20% chance of addiction damn it... Even in F2 i wasn't 100%).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 08:33:12 am »

Just make jet addictions like others (and only a 20% chance of addiction damn it... Even in F2 i wasn't 100%).

No, Jet is special.

Perhaps there are chems at Sierra that could help. They did special drug research there.
("Well... maybe it would work, but I'm pretty sure Jet would just chew right through that shit. Now wh-wh-why the hell are we even talking about this?! Wh-where would you get your hands on endorphine blockers anyway?
")

ALSO: IIRC the Jet Cure being available in SF was a patch put in by the original FO2 devs in response to butthurt.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:37:46 am by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 04:58:09 pm »

No, Jet is special.

Perhaps there are chems at Sierra that could help. They did special drug research there.
("Well... maybe it would work, but I'm pretty sure Jet would just chew right through that shit. Now wh-wh-why the hell are we even talking about this?! Wh-where would you get your hands on endorphine blockers anyway?
")

ALSO: IIRC the Jet Cure being available in SF was a patch put in by the original FO2 devs in response to butthurt.

Why should there be chems for jet related stuff in Sierra? It's a prewar military base, while Jet was dicovered almost 200 years after the bombs.

cogliostro

• No Parole from Rock 'n' Roll, all the way from L.A
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 05:33:42 pm »

Yeah it is fine as actually Jet works on the body of a soldier, as it result effective. And as there was a massive use of Amphetamines (to calm down/have no fear) in real wars, this is a perfect example why the use of Jet, as the representative of, should be used when on duty.

As well as heroin, which is almost impossible to get rid off from an addiction to it, there should be a voluntary attempt to leave drugs, without total success as a condition. So, as suggested, there might be a solution as the possibility of restrain to the use of any drug, and the consequences of its dependence.

Make it difficult to achieve, with a very low effectiveness but, why is actually hopeless to have a slight chance of get a cure? In my opinion, there is not a real reason why to not implement a probable cure, while almost worthless - there could be so many variants: highly expensive to craft, very long cool-down, low percentage of success, etc - but not impossible.
Let them eat metal!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 12:40:50 am »

Why should there be chems for jet related stuff in Sierra? It's a prewar military base, while Jet was dicovered almost 200 years after the bombs.

Endorphin Blockers
Myron said that you might find some at a military base (presumably to treat soldiers who became addicted to combat drugs like Psycho and Buffout).
Even if Jet wasn't invented yet, the affected brain areas may have had remedies developed for other drug addictions.
Also, Jet is made from the shit of mutated cows that were engineered to have some kind of methamphetamine metabolism. Meth would have a lot of military interest because of the addiction problems of troops issued with/otherwise acquiring speed.

There was drug research going on in Sierra.
(If you went there in FO2 you could find files and a drug-mutated corpse and other stuff.)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:43:58 am by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 12:51:16 am »

Endorphin Blockers
Myron said that you might find some at a military base (presumably to treat soldiers who became addicted to combat drugs like Psycho and Buffout).
Even if Jet wasn't invented yet, the affected brain areas may have had remedies developed for other drug addictions.
Also, Jet is made from the shit of mutated cows that were engineered to have some kind of methamphetamine metabolism. Meth would have a lot of military interest because of the addiction problems of troops issued with/otherwise acquiring speed.

There was drug research going on in Sierra.
(If you went there in FO2 you could find files and a drug-mutated corpse and other stuff.)

Yes, but I doubt that Jet is a drug which messes with endorphines.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 02:46:28 am »

Yes, but I doubt that Jet is a drug which messes with endorphines.

Taken from the Wikipedia:

"As a result of methamphetamine-induced neurotoxicity to dopaminergic neurons, chronic abuse may also lead to symptoms which persist beyond the withdrawal period for months, and even up to a year."

"Dopaminergic means related to the neurotransmitter dopamine.[1] For example, certain proteins such as the dopamine transporter (DAT), vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2), and dopamine receptors can be classified as dopaminergic, and neurons which synthesize or contain dopamine and synapses with dopamine receptors in them may also be labeled as dopaminergic."

"Endorphins ("endogenous morphine") are endogenous opioid peptides that function as neurotransmitters."

Unless I've made an unforseen error.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 03:27:24 am »

Cool, I will quote random Wikipedia articles too next time I want to look like a smartass.

Did you just post a real world wikipedia aetricle? Yep, you did. Did you proofread it against the fallout lore? Nope, you didn't.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 03:48:40 am »

Cool, I will quote random Wikipedia articles too next time I want to look like a smartass.
think what you want.
Did you just post a real world wikipedia aetricle? Yep, you did. Did you proofread it against the fallout lore? Nope, you didn't.

"Jet is a powerful methamphetamine that stimulates the central nervous system. The initial euphoric rush rarely lasts more than a few minutes, but during that time, the user is filled with a rush of energy & strength."

Is all the actual knowledge of the drug we have, besides it being made from brahmin shit fumes, by Myron, and what affect it had on the world.

Oh, and it was taken from the Fallout Wiki.  Good enough for you?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

.WarChanges

• Billions of blue, blistering bluesuits!
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 02:52:55 am »

I have to admit, I always liked the idea that Jet has a 100% addiction rate and is also incurable. It adds that whole 'blessing and a curse' feel to it. I've always enjoyed games that give you an option to choose a path that holds some sort of benefit but is also something that you can't just 'undo'.

Just my thoughts, that's all.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 03:34:46 am »

Problem is, and this has been said already I believe, that Jet is not as good as it was in Fallout 2. Imho the effects of addiction and the imposibility to get over it would be alright if the drug worked just like it did originally, or at least in a more similar way. That'd be interesting, but it might require a rework on some other drugs to make mixing balanced again. So, a "cure" would be cool. But an antidote, not a temporal addiction.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 1.837 seconds with 22 queries.