"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 02:12:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Some general ideas/suggestions  (Read 2034 times)

Some general ideas/suggestions
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:56:30 pm »

Hey guys,

I've been playing FOnline for about a week now, love it of course (massive fan of the original two games) and I would like to thank the Dev's for their hard work thats gone into the project, however during my journeys/adventures in the wasteland i've thought of a few ideas that could potentially improve the playing experience for everyone. These arejust small simple ideas that I have come up with, they are of course open to debate and change.

1.  Improved Banking System - Allow banks for the time being to 'create' money (until the debt the banks currently have is repaid fully) this will allow people to safely store caps and withdraw them, I would also like to suggest that people should be able to access their accounts from ANY bank in the game (but something in place where by it will take 48RL hours for the account information to reach the other banks in wastes if you like.)

2. Interest Accounts - Reinstate interest accounts (alongside standard saving accounts) HOWEVER put in 'conditions' where-by players will have to pay in so much money into an account for it to actually pay interest and then cap it once it reaches a certain amount (say 5000caps) You could even go further and make it so players cant access their money once it's in these accounts until the first set of interest is paid (saves on abuse and having mega rich players)

3. Improved Railway System - The current system from what i've seen is a little... unreliable... Thus almost making the system un-useable, nice simple solution to this however is have a train enter the station every 5 or 10 RL minutes (much like the old SW:Gakaxies Shuttle system.) People can then time trains, get on with whatever buisiness they have in the city and get home in time for tea.

4. Something thats been suggested in the past but allow players to build houses in the desert once they have bought plans or schematics, the tent is a good little starter home but the lack of containers is frustrating... I'm determined to build a few example homes in the mapper once I manage to get it up and running.

5. Traders/Merchants should refresh their inventory quickly and stock useful items, items which have a duration over 55% should be destroyed upon being sold and not displayed in the barter screen. Merchants at this point are useless in my opinion (or close to useless atleast) as none seem to stock useful items and I have to scroll through dozens of junk 10mm pistols and BB Guns. Ammunition for example SHOULD be available at merchants alot more then it actually is, just because people CAN craft doesnt mean they should be forced to...   

Hope you like some of the suggestions on offer, these are only rough examples but they are open to debate, let me know what you think.

Regards,

Rad
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:42:23 pm by Radman2307 »
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
Re: Some general ideas/suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »

I agree with the fourth suggestion.
My current In-game name is Colan.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:27:35 pm »

- it is fine as it is
- it's very low on todo list
- it's planned to rework in next update
- we don't need this
- it will be abusable by alts
- it's not possible with current game engine

Choose an option.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:15 pm »

- it is fine as it is
- it's planned to rework in next update
- we don't need this
- it will be abusable by alts
- it's not possible with current game engine

Choose an option.

Could you expand on these points?

The banking system for example isnt fine as it is nor is the train transit system, both need streamlining.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:06:07 pm by Radman2307 »
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 08:13:53 pm »

These are the answers you'd probably get here as official ones. Nothing to explain really.

Besides houses and even estates were suggested already.

"Junklocked" anyone?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 10:09:45 pm »

Train will be updated with the next update. Banks will most likely get some update as well, can't lay my hand in the fire, though.

House building will not make it into the game anytime soon, but being able to obtain a house (beside a tent) is on the todo list.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 11:16:04 pm »

Choose an option.

House building will not make it into the game anytime soon, but being able to obtain a house (beside a tent) is on the todo list.

we have a winner! :D

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 07:21:23 am »

I didn't wrote that it's low on the todo list.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 07:29:31 am »

Streamlining?

Perhaps there could be quests that would enable better railroads/banks, but they are supposed to be inconvenient due to it being a wasteland.

As for stores restocking in a more useful way- that should depend on the economy, caravans getting through, etc.
HAving things too broken to be worth repairing get converted to material and the materials going into store inventory after a time delay would be good, though.

I prefer something closer to a simulation rather than something made to give players a more convenient experience.

In 2238, there is only 1 train for the whole rail network, so it being inconvenient simulates there being just one train. It is a wonder that it exists at all in game-world terms.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:51 am »

It's people trolling with "it's fine as it is" and similar stuff, Lexx.

@ Wichura: If you people try to aim to receive no reactions at all, sure, I bet that's the way to (t)roll.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:19 am »

I don't think he wanted an answer anyway, which is why I ignored it and will continue to do so in future.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 09:18:27 am »

I don't think he wanted an answer anyway, which is why I ignored it and will continue to do so in future.

Good suggestion, did the same.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »

Hey, I'm trying to be helpful here. Just imagine, no need to write same answers again and again, just put a line from one quote, done and done.
I could modify my little "answer-table" a bit, make Frequently Answered Answers for "Suggestions" part. Your command is my wish, master, just say it.

@ Wichura: If you people try to aim to receive no reactions at all, sure, I bet that's the way to (t)roll.
I'm not royality, you don't have to call me in basis :>

Anyway obtaining a house sounds promising, wherever on whatever list it is.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »

Hey, I'm trying to be helpful here.

No, you are not helpful. Now cut the crap and stop being a lame and uninspiring troll.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »

An idea popped to my mind with the merchants since barter skill have effect on the time we can trade with them how about it gives a fix amount of any goods we can buy for example barter x 5 so a char with 10 barter could buy 50 ammo max in 10 min so he can't buy it all then sell it for double. On side note I fear it could lead to people trading 1 cap for 1 cap till cool down ends or to more alts...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 23 queries.