"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 01:16:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tent alternative - wooden house  (Read 7864 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Tent alternative - wooden house
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:11:33 pm »

As I've played F2 today (as a substitute of my favourite drug, unavailable for now), I've got an encounter with Tin Woodsman.
Here are some screenshots:

Is it possible to make an alternative for well-known-and-beloved tents? Instead of using Science on 10 brahmin hides, player could use Science on 15 wood pieces with having a tool/hatchet in inventory. I know it is far from realism, but seriously - anyone needs fibers while placing a tent? And there would be need some, that's for sure.
It could behave like a tent, so after placing a house your tent would disappear.

+ nice alternative for a tent
+ map is ready to use (I guess)
+ two containers instead of one (crate at tent)
+ "home sweet home"

- it needs to be done by someone's hard work, unfortunately I don't know shit about coding and/or modding
- it is not the best time for "pimpin' teh game, dawg"
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Re: Tent alternative - wooden house
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:04 pm »

shit i love this idea.... kinda like player bases but for the lone wanderer who wants a pertay house.... i like the idea of having to craft it too atleast be able to buy houses from npcs?

you could even make it a random variable when building a player house? ex. you get a tent, a small wooden house, or a cave lol.... depending on where you are in the wastes? or if you stumble across a house in the wastes and build a tent there you get that house...

and as for those screenshots I actually tried keeping that location as my own player base in fallout 2 i cant remember what happended... I think i left my car there out of gas and got the green location for it but when i got there it was an empty wastes or the actual location .... i cant remember or it was the location but my items didnt stay ... eighter way I wanted it ... lol hope this one gets realized i'd love to have a freakin wooden house instead of a crappy tent.... 10 brahmin hides are way too easy to get anyways might as well make harder houses to craft that require much more skills and resources

Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:14 pm »

I'm 100% sure it has already been discussed, but I was unable to find old thread using "Search" =|

So I'd say, if the devs have enough time to implement this, sure, go for it =p

(Note : 15 woods ? 20 woods ! 30 would be better but some chars couldn't carry it.)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:41 pm »

good idea but will require more skill to build a house,maybe only characters with repair and outdor above 100% could make it. gathering 15 wood is easier than finding those 10 brahmin hides
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:21:24 pm by maorys »

avv

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:03 pm »

It's so neat and I'm tired of camping. We got 50k in our bank accounts, shitload of superb stuff lying around and still we live in tents.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 10:26:54 pm »

A second option would be to buy this location, it would replace your current tent and be placed close to the town you bought it in. 15k caps sounds nice don't you think?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:35:16 pm »

i really dont like it because of reason, that tent is made for purpose that all characters could have place where they can safely leave stuff. Improving tent or making alternatives would no longer be a basic place for your stuff, you could then do this or that, and for this or that we have bases. Yeah they are for gangs only, but solo players do not need to prepare for war against the world, basic place for them should be enough.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37:26 pm »

(Note : 15 woods ? 20 woods ! 30 would be better but some chars couldn't carry it.)
gathering 15 wood is easier than finding those 10 brahmin hides
Or having a tent already is one of requirements.
First need to get 10 hides, make a tent, and then in tent location remake it to house with help wood and more than 20% science skill + as requirements can be used repair and/or outdoorsman skill checks.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:00:05 pm »

Why farming/gathering? It would be a quest way of becoming house owner.

For example Ascorti in Redding has one cottage out of town, and it is still under his jurisdiction. Unfortunately current owner has damn loans and it seems he won't pay it off. So you need to buy + pay for loan + deal with current owner (kill, talk or other like enslaving them or living with them).

That would be an extra option for lone players like 500k bunker for factions.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 01:03:17 am »

outdoorsmen 70%

and maybe either of the two other crafting stats.

and 40 to 50 to 60 pieces of wood, try moving that around without drugs and mutie cows..

or add metal pieces or scrap as a item needed as well for the metal roof if you have one.

but other wise i like the idea.

and if you have seen some of the people around you'd think they were about to make war on the world heh.

cheers all.

-Ulrek-

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 01:12:24 am »

No matter how much it will be cost - I mean materials here. But if we can buy a base, so why a sweet wooden house can't be purchased? You should remember about lone wastelanders in here! If we can create a tent using 10 brahims hides, so why not a house using some wood, metal parts and junk and maybe electronic parts to make a computer in case to play FO ;].

If I was McGyver I would create this have only ketchup in eq.
Currently retired.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 02:03:54 am »

HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS AWSUM!
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 05:04:34 am »

I'm 100% sure it has already been discussed, but I was unable to find old thread using "Search" =|

So I'd say, if the devs have enough time to implement this, sure, go for it =p

Make "board" item that is craftable from wood and weighs a tiny amount.

Then make requirement 300 Boards.

Maybe 12 Metal Parts and 4 Junk as well.

Use FixBoy.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:06:14 am by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 07:38:23 am »

or make it req 1 "house kit" which is made out of 30 pieces of wood, 5 pieces of scrap, and 10 metal pieces or so, that would be fairly high cost wise, and it would allow the same system as before.

other wise multi use resource housing would need a reworking of some systems t allow for skill use on more than one item to make a house, but i don't know the system that well so its just a guess.

cheers all.

-Ulrek-

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 06:11:33 pm »

How about items with scenery frames?
Let's say, there's a item called "Wall North East"
You purchase or craft it (carpenter profession, or at some "Sawmill" location :P), go to your location and drop the item. (to prevent scenery spam in towns, it's coded to your tent location).
The wall part appears.

Positive sides: you actually are able to build your house.
Negative side: you must assume that you can't walk through the walls, since that would be actually possible. And you won't have functional doors.

Another solution: remember that exploit with plantable chests? You must, devs, because you fixed that.
So, if there's a possibility to 'plant' objects, it would be possible to 'plant' complete objects at the map without changing it.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.