"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:25:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Upcoming Traits suggestions  (Read 7958 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Upcoming Traits suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 01:34:33 pm »

AC for armor is fixed right?  Leather jacket gives More AC than a PA?

Or takes away less, but the principle is the same. More clunky armour will mean you dodge less well.

i Agree with Badger in the "encouraging a different and unique way of playing"

for example, Fast Metabolism: if you dont use drugs this dont have a drawback, and if you want to play wiith drugs you wont pick this

So then it has encouraged you not to use drugs, even if you are happy with that arrangement it has none the less helped to define the character.

well, not all. I was refering to bone head, and small frame. they dont affect much the play stile.

Its cost you a SPECIAL point and made it so the max Pe you can have is 9. There is still a trade off.

Also, will one handed stack with living anatomy (assuming so) and does the +2 dmg from bruiser only affect unarmed? (Didn't clarify that when you clarified one hander)

Yes and yes, though LA effect is reduced (and another effect is added to it).

Will the knockdown from Heavy Handed by like a grenade/rocket knockdown (no Ap lost) or like a critical hit (-3ap)?

I expect it will be no AP effect. Don’t think armour will affect it, but perks should save against it.

Bruiser:
You said melee damage. Some already assume it's for unarmed too. Can you confirm that?

Heavy Handed:
Any info on the effect of the knockdown, like -AP and to what extend armor influences it?

Sex Appeal:
Will this actually do something in next era?

Yes, Melee is both Melee and Unarmed. Sex Appeal will be a rep effect – rep should affect more things too.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »

Thank you very much for clarifying, now I'll just wait for detailed merc/slave changes to get posted eventually.

P.S.
None of that was sarcastic, I am extremely grateful for detailed info and I am checking the forum every couple of hours hoping for merc news.  ;D
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »

Nice changes, only one small thing bother me :

I missed that Kamikaze will actually be both double its positive and negative = +40AC -10% DR

Isn't a Kamikaze some kind of Berserker ? Berserkers don't care about being hit but they are a lot tougher/stronger. Well that's how it is in most RPG (inspired by scandinavian mythology). So shoudn't it be bonus to DR and penalty to AC ?

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 04:19:20 pm »

Fusei: no, Berserkers were those, that didn't defend so mutch and fought more or less naked and drunked.

That would mean no AC, no DR, but better DMG and some str boost.
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 05:21:11 pm »

I like the Kamikaze, it will be perfect for a jinxed dogger I want to play... But at the same time I hate it. This should give a big damage (or crit table) bonus with a big DR/DT/AC/HP penelty. Think glass canon.
Isn't a Kamikaze some kind of Berserker ? Berserkers don't care about being hit but they are a lot tougher/stronger. Well that's how it is in most RPG (inspired by scandinavian mythology). So shoudn't it be bonus to DR and penalty to AC ?
Yeah i have the same though. thats is why i suggest change the actual kamikaze into small frame and kamikaze into some like: Doubles melee damage from ST,and reduce the Total AC, may be 1/3 instead of 1/2, couse the bonus isnt very big, and requires an investment in ST.

Its cost you a SPECIAL point and made it so the max Pe you can have is 9. There is still a trade off.
Yes, it cost you 1 special. Also, is In not Pe and most chars dont need 10 In. But it doesn matters. I just say that the drawback (and the bonus) has to affect the char in a unique way like most of the other traits.
May be keeping the same concept it can modify your stats by: -3IN, +2EN. So you cant have more than 7 int (and still loosing a special).

I was thinking a bit more about One Hander, and in my opinion it should be reworked as a perk. It will be a good perk for pure dmg gunners/trhowers/melee. and also can be used by one hander snipers/cripplers to save some skill points (just like now).

And for a replacement i think in a Trait that can allow some interesting throwing builds. Lets say it double you ST for trowing range and the max range. but trhowing weapons consume 1 AP more.
It can also increase dmg for non-grenades weapons.
Can be an interesting trait to sneak trhowers, or support grenadiers.

"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 05:44:45 pm »

the usage of Armor Class for the game will be extreamly benefical
belive me or not, whenever i played games that have something like AC, i allways used it like a spell, or potion, or evect, somtehing that will make all the enemyes miss me
evading will have it's down side and up side, we can make untucheble looters to take the loot of the fight, we can make untucheble snipers, we can make kamicazy units with dinamite...

and about Bruiser, i think it has more pozitive andno negative, how?

move the str gained to Ag and you gain:
better weapon skills at start(base is 5%+Ag*2 for SG, 2xAg for EW and BG...)
higher Sneak(same with the AG)
higher AC(if it will have some use)
better melle DMG
Better unarmed and melle skill

last 2 skills will make Bruise the favorite traint for HtH and Melle builds, and with HtH evade and other bonuses we can make the ultimate karate warior

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 06:00:18 pm »

we can make untucheble looters to take the loot of the fight, we can make untucheble snipers, we can make kamicazy units with dinamite...

I doesn't sounds so good anymore since you said that ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Ardihan

• First do not harm. Second run the hell away.
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »

Perhaps some traits/perks could be used to changes the players model?

With the new 3D stuff it could be done... right?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 06:14:27 pm »

Perhaps some traits/perks could be used to changes the players model?

With the new 3D stuff it could be done... right?

3D won't be for this wipe.
And I don't see the point. Our chars will be customizable anyway, and not through perks/traits. Nobody would waste slots for character looking.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:05 pm »

I doesn't sounds so good anymore since you said that ;p

Its ok, out of those things only dodging suiciders could be an issue - and they will be getting close, meaning they're easier to hit anyway. As I say, dodge is different.

Bonehead - yeah In, replace Pe with In and the point remains the same.
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 07:02:23 pm »

Bonehead - yeah In, replace Pe with In and the point remains the same.
You mean max 9 PE total, or only on character creating? Because cigs will solve that "problem" anyway, it'll only make Pscyho-snipers a bit worse, but I don't think if they're going to be max FoVed, they will use Psycho, so it won't affect anything, it's 9 PE for every sniper already, 10 PE if only you're too lazy to use cigs (or Pscyho-user, but I said about it already.)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 07:06:30 pm »

I mean Bonehead will allow a max of 9 In and a loss of 1 SPECIAL overall.
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 07:45:50 pm »

So people with 9 pe will not be able to take gain perception with it? (Make sure of that although it would NOT be worth a perk slot  ;D )

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »

They could take an extra perk as normal ... I doubt many people will :P
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 08:20:00 am »

up

Bloody Mess - fine
Bruiser - knockback on crits unarmed/meele, +2 str -2 ap
Chem Reliant - +25% addiction chance, +25% drug effect time
Chem Resistant - ok, but will make jet addiction not permament
Fast Metabolism - a lot faster renegeration with crippled limbs, stimpacks, first aid, other heals +25% effect on you
Fast Shot - fine
Finesse - crit +5%, dr +15
Good Natured - fine
Heavy Handed - +5 unarmed/meele dmg, -20% crit table
Jinxed - Fine
Kamikaze - negates AC from agi, +1/2 AP in TB for movement, +5 seq
Night Person - shitty description, but instead of -1/+1 agi, pe, could add +20% steal, lockpick, snake inside building, and -20% outside
One Hander - fine
Small Frame - fine
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.