What do you fall under

I believe in church
I go church regularly
Rarely go church
I use go church but not anymore
I been one few times in my life
never went to church

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: how many fonline people believes in church  (Read 19090 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: how many fonline people believes in church
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 06:10:02 pm »

People can be as mad as they want, so long as they don't inflict it upon anyone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design_in_politics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_school
http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

When you try and pass on nonsense to the next generation you stop inflicting only on yourself. These things haven't been blighting human society for thousands of years because they are bad at propogating their own "beliefs".

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 06:23:32 pm »

^

Yeah, exactly what I mean.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »

God exist and he is omniprezent, but it is actualy a place in our brain where some of us go with the help of "praying" so that they will realy belive that good things will happen, some sort of mature well of wishes
some people had made this a way to live, douing stupid and ilogical things
Christians are basically this.

And when  you think about it...

So, I prefer the science way.

So bad the science was slowed down by christianity...

i agree to this^
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »

Let the Force be with You.

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 08:14:46 pm »

God is as real as the tooth fairy.

Anyone that doesn't agree with that

Diamond Head is as good as Metallica

Anyone that doesn't agree with that

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!

Anyways, if you cannot understand why people believe in some beings superior to theirselves, maybe I'll clear this up to you. How many of those people that can barely afford food would still remain sane and think positive if not for their faith? Why the countless families of Japan haven't snapped yet and carry on with their lives, despite huge losses in their ranks? Do you think Poland would rise once again as a country if not for the faith we had in our hearts ever since 966?

I'm not even talking about Catholicism, but God in general. Take a look at yourself - if you think God doesn't exist, why do you invoke his name dozens of times daily? Don't know what I'm talking about? Oh my God doesn't ring a bell anymore?
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

cogliostro

• No Parole from Rock 'n' Roll, all the way from L.A
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 09:06:38 pm »

People who firmly believe has been influenced since his childhood, by another who has experienced the same thing, or directly by an evil man who knows it is a lie meant to keep people under control by telling to the crowd the commandments, and his consequences. After all god is a term created by man. To express it well, god has been created by man, at his image and resemblance. It means CONQUEST!! People who still can think for themselves, know it.
Let them eat metal!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:06 pm »

Believe in church? Yes, I believe in the existence of churches. You should re-word your poll :>

But to actually answer the intended questions.. I'll start by saying I don't care whatever religion you are, as long as it isn't an extremist religion. Being a martyr by killing the innocent is wrong. People think that Islam is an extremist religion, but that's only a very small percentage of people that take it to extremism. There have been extremist Christian sects too, for example.

It isn't a matter of 'believing', but I agree with most of the morals that the Gospels' wrote. They are good parables that can teach good lessons that don't necessarily even have to do with religion at all, but just mankind's moral actions.

E.g: "Give a man to fish, and you feed them for a day, and you feed them for a day, teach a man to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime".
Doesn't really have to do with religion, but the morals expressed in it do help live life in a better way. If you just give that man money because he's lazy, he won't help him in the long run, but if you teach him how to do his job, then he'll be able to make a living on his own.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:28:38 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

cogliostro

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 09:13:03 pm »

Believe in church? Yes, I believe in the existence of churches. You should re-word your poll :>

;D You're so right, I believe in some church I have seen too, anyways there are proofs on the web, you can look at church images, so, it is true, churches EXIST.
Let them eat metal!

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 01:10:59 pm »

Christians are basically this.

Come on man the picture u put up is called atheism motivational poster ... lmfao...

First of all i think its wrong, my father is a atheist.... ... hes not happy with anything in life... i belive iin evolution not in adam and eve that ate apples from trees, any logical thing in life nobody can prove me wrong..  but having no faith in anything? thinking that life just came out of nothing... u must be a fuckin retard to think that.... Science came very far but theres one point that every scientist comes to and those questions he cant asnerw... they sometimes turn crazy... or very religious... some things u cannot anserw and just that part logicly tells you that there is something,... maybe hes not in the sky wating for us to die, but its in us, karma,,, in nature and in life it self.. maybe i just smoked a lil bit too much now and this is a touchy subject... so i will leave it as it is... but belive me son you are very wrong.
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 02:08:12 pm »

Come on man the picture u put up is called atheism motivational poster ... lmfao...

First of all i think its wrong, my father is a atheist.... ... hes not happy with anything in life...

Huh, OK... I know christians very sad in their life, and atheists very happy... I don't think happiness in your life have anything to do with religion.

i belive iin evolution not in adam and eve that ate apples from trees, any logical thing in life nobody can prove me wrong..  but having no faith in anything? thinking that life just came out of nothing... u must be a fuckin retard to think that.... Science came very far but theres one point that every scientist comes to and those questions he cant asnerw...

And what? Explaining why a fire burn or why an apple fall was an unanswerable question few hundreds years past. Doesn't mean it can't be answered. And you made me laugh. "life just came out of nothing". And from where come your god? Why a cosmic super puissance coming from nowhere who created an universe is more logical than the universe coming from nowhere?

they sometimes turn crazy... or very religious... some things u cannot anserw and just that part logicly tells you that there is something,... maybe hes not in the sky wating for us to die, but its in us, karma,,, in nature and in life it self.. maybe i just smoked a lil bit too much now and this is a touchy subject... so i will leave it as it is... but belive me son you are very wrong.

I smoked too and I don't think I am wrong. Religion is what many people need to don't see the truth : you are nothing, you are here for no reason, you will die for no reason, and once you're dead, there is nothing. Of course most people are afraid of this. It's why they need god.
Because I can't answer a question, doesn't mean it is logical to suppose the Flying Spaghetti Monster did it.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 03:23:10 pm »

Huh, OK... I know christians very sad in their life, and atheists very happy... I don't think happiness in your life have anything to do with religion.

And what? Explaining why a fire burn or why an apple fall was an unanswerable question few hundreds years past. Doesn't mean it can't be answered. And you made me laugh. "life just came out of nothing". And from where come your god? Why a cosmic super puissance coming from nowhere who created an universe is more logical than the universe coming from nowhere?

I smoked too and I don't think I am wrong. Religion is what many people need to don't see the truth : you are nothing, you are here for no reason, you will die for no reason, and once you're dead, there is nothing. Of course most people are afraid of this. It's why they need god.
Because I can't answer a question, doesn't mean it is logical to suppose the Flying Spaghetti Monster did it.

LoL on the spageghetti monster shit... but no for real man i know theres nun after death  but trust me bro something is out there... i had plenty of experiences... yes my head and brain might be fucked up from the war from the 90s' the drugs and what not... but there is some shit u cannot explain... i never said that there was life after death as i do not belive in it either.... before u were born u dont rember shit ... after u die u wont either... but there is something greater then us... that no 1 will ever understand... its not being scared man its seeing with your own eyes hearing with your own ears and experiencing things in group of people not high not drunk or nothing... there is somethings u will never be able to anserw... and i think you are the one scared my man .. not me i looked death into face plenty of times in my lifetime.... i am not insulting or being a bitch ass bird... i am just saying that i deffenetly dont agree with you, and i hope someday u will relize the same.
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 03:37:00 pm »

Modern Christianity is nothing like this.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 03:42:31 pm »

It bases its beliefs on evidence? Then why does it still exist?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

JovankaB

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 04:56:32 pm »

People who praise reason should do better than pasting some stupid demotivators that have nothing to do with reality. An image suggesting that there was nothing going on for 1000 years is simply false. Besides, most scholars in medieval period were clergymen, especially early on and actually they were the ones who saved a lot of Greek works. "Dark ages" is just a propaganda term, no serious historian use it anymore (at least not in such negative context).

There was many cleric–scientists who contributed greatly to the science. A name like Copernicus, does it ring a bell? I will leave you with a homework - find the other. Being atheist doesn't mean you are automatically smart. And it doesn't mean that you can't be fanatical when arguing with others.

I'm agnostic and I don't give a damn what you believe or disbelieve in :)

cogliostro

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 05:35:50 pm »

There was many cleric–scientists who contributed greatly to the science. A name like Copernicus, does it ring a bell? I will leave you with a homework - find the other. Being atheist doesn't mean you are automatically smart. And it doesn't mean that you can't be fanatical when arguing with others.

hmm, Copernicus, doesn't was him the one threatened to death penalty by the "church" staff, to change their Heliocentric theory about earth? Like always, but in ancient times was worst, that people with ranks, money, protected by the "church", etc... could do whatever they want over other people, saying they were right.

Copernicus was forced to change what he find, although nowadays, has been discovered both sides in that aspect were wrong, and that the earth has a irregular form, something like a potato.

I don't give a damn what you believe or disbelieve in :)

Me neither.
Let them eat metal!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 27 queries.