"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:19:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Extending and nerfing leveling after 21.  (Read 2516 times)

Extending and nerfing leveling after 21.
« on: March 16, 2011, 04:32:29 pm »

**New standard suggestion disclaimer**

[By posting suggestions on the forum, my goal is to inspire, and give people new ideas, i am not so much begging for new content, as hoping to inspire the dev's, and community to look at things differently, and rethink old ideas.]

Alright, the idea is pretty simple.

Allow players to keep leveling up past level 21, up to level 30, but remove the option to gain normal perks and more HP etc. but add new perks, such as ones to allow you to get inside special PvE areas. suggested perk ideas.

Req, lvl 24: Another Day, Another Notch in Your Belt: Displays how many Notchs are in your belt when someone examines your character. (Can be taken many times, for when you run out of special perks to take, made to be the only option left, and allowing players to show off their levels by having people examine your character.)

Req, lvl 24: Wasteland Wanderer: Allows you to see special areas all throughout the wasteland. (Made to work with PvE "dungeons" to allow high level players to visit bigger ones.)

Req, lvl 24, 3 CH: Famous Face: Gives NPC's a special text floater sometimes, asking if your good deeds are true.

Req, lvl 24 6 ST: Famous Monster: Gives NPC's a special tex floater sometimes, asking if your evil deeds are true.

Req, lvl 27, 3 CH, 6 IN, 6 luck: Animal Friend: Most smaller animals won't attack you anymore, but larger ones such as deathclaws or molerats will still bite you. (Made to make getting past giant rats and low level stuff easier, without wasting a combat perk slot.)

Req, lvl 27, 8 ST, 10 EN, 8 AG: Horrigan's Cousin: You spread fear where ever you go, so much so that people who wouldn't talk to you normally won't dare turn you away. (Allows you to speak to most NPC's such as traders or doctors without passing the IN or CH check.)

Req, lvl 27, 5 CH, 8 EN: New Blood and Guts: Your will is strong and your spirit cannot be tamed, quests that are normally just out of your reach can now be taken and completed. (Gives a +1 to all stats for NPC quest checks)

Req, lvl 30, 9 CH, 150 speech: Wasteland Sinatra: Encounters such as mobsters, and other criminals won't attack you anymore, but however will still shoot you if you get to close to them.

Req, lvl 30, 8 IN, 6 EN: Vegetarian: Fruit no longer gives you radiation, and heals +2 HP for every mutated fruit you eat. (If a minigunner stops to eat 10 fruits in the middle of a TC battle he's soon to be kicked out for being stupid..)

Req, lvl 30, 6 IN, 9 CH. slaver perk: Slave Master: You no longer use up rope when catching a slave, as you no longer need to use as much rope to bind them. (Useful for slavers only, you still need to carry rope on you, but you don't use it up when catching a slave.)

Alright, these might not be the best ideas, but while PvP should be balanced around level 21 characters, allowing people to gain things for playing a character for a longer amount of time should be there as well, it won't ever be like WoW where you can spend years on it, but a little something for PvE/Loner types is always good.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:41:03 pm by Ulrek »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Extending and nerfing leveling after 21.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:47:53 pm »

Very very... VERY interesting...  I think these are very good alone.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 07:07:10 pm »

Very good ones, Mr. Ulrek!  ;D

How about the "Tag!" perk at lvl21, so you could spend some points on additional skill, e.g. 20 SPx7lvl: 30EnergyWeapons x7lvl=135EnergyWeapons?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:07:23 pm »

Well... It's a pretty ok idea.

DanteAligheri

• Sometimes I don't finish all my sandwich.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:48:32 pm »

Just wondering but are you LordGrahf from MH?^

And l think these perks sound pretty awesome, cool ideas and very creative. I would like to level past 21 also and I think cutting out the hp boosts after leveling is an okay idea too.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 12:49:11 am »

Just wondering but are you LordGrahf from MH?^

And l think these perks sound pretty awesome, cool ideas and very creative. I would like to level past 21 also and I think cutting out the hp boosts after leveling is an okay idea too.

MH? and no, i'm Ulrek, not some him. ^,.,^

So for the rest of the comments, the idea is to create a reason for loners to play characters longer, that won't effect PvP, so the game can still be PvP based, but being a loner can be amusing a little bit longer.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 01:41:07 am »

Just to clarify, normal perks and additional hp will be barred after level 21 so what you arent suggesting is skillpoints be frozen as well? so you get additional points and the new perks which make the wasteland experience just a little bit different. I like it except for wasteland wanderer, i'd like a bit more clarification on that also particularly what you mean by special areas.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 02:15:04 am »

Even if this doesn't work that slaver perk sounds nice, if this doesn't come to pass maybe that should be a profession perk after slaving and selling X amount of slaves to metgzer.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 02:26:29 am »

EDIT: nevermind

Yet still just to rant a little, there's no option in that list.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:28:31 am by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 05:13:54 am »

Just to clarify, normal perks and additional hp will be barred after level 21 so what you arent suggesting is skillpoints be frozen as well? so you get additional points and the new perks which make the wasteland experience just a little bit different. I like it except for wasteland wanderer, i'd like a bit more clarification on that also particularly what you mean by special areas.

"but remove the option to gain normal perks and more HP etc." you didn't read the "etc." part did you? i meant all the normal good parts of leveling up are gone, to keep PvP balance.

As for the special areas, people have been wanting PvE dungeons, and if something like this were to be added, there would be low level ones, mid level ones, and high level ones.. well special bonus areas for level 21s only could show up, to allow people to hunt something less common, like screwing with a NCR ranger outpost hidden deep in the mountains, or even trying to get yourselves killed attacking the enclave. basicly areas that are hard to find, that you'd be able to find with that perk.

Even if this doesn't work that slaver perk sounds nice, if this doesn't come to pass maybe that should be a profession perk after slaving and selling X amount of slaves to metgzer.

Professions are different than perks. enslaving NPC's isn't quite big enough of a feature to make it a profession, but i added that since slavers are more common as loners, since it allows you to have support even without living people helping you.

-Ulrek-

DanteAligheri

• Sometimes I don't finish all my sandwich.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:39:44 am »

Well... It's a pretty ok idea.

Sorry Ulrek, I meant this guy.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 04:47:51 am »

Sorry Ulrek, I meant this guy.

Oh, sorry, i looked and i saw an H in the same when Graf doesn't have one in his name, so i just answer just incase.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 08:14:34 am »

Good idea, but 30 lvl perk with radiation is bad i think.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 10:03:09 am »

Good idea, but 30 lvl perk with radiation is bad i think.

Explain how fruit healing 3-6 points of damage and not giving you radiation is a bad thing?

-Ulrek-

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 12:55:36 am »

Very good ones, Mr. Ulrek!  ;D

How about the "Tag!" perk at lvl21, so you could spend some points on additional skill, e.g. 20 SPx7lvl: 30EnergyWeapons x7lvl=135EnergyWeapons?
it will distroy the sense of PvE only perks
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 2.519 seconds with 22 queries.