"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 09:26:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Don't allow mercs/slaves guard in public areas.  (Read 2232 times)

Don't allow mercs/slaves guard in public areas.
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:19:48 am »

There is this abusable feature of mercs and slaves that they "guard" any location even when their owner is offline. Therefore making these locations unaccessible for other players 24/7.

Known example - Gecko mine.

Now even Toxic caves. Those have one bonus. There leads elevator which could be accessible by only 1 player at the time - so no squad spawn.

Solution: Make mercs/slaves in public areas disappear after 10 minutes when their owner is not in the same location. And for public I mean all location no this map http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/The_World.
Player can have his/her goons at tents, bases or following him to worldmap.

Any more thoughts?

P.S. If anyone can clear toxic caves, please do so. ;)

avv

Re: Don't allow mercs/slaves guard in public areas.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:14:19 am »

It's only problematic because of gridcamping. A guy coming down that elevator has basically zero chance to survive.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:38 am »

It's only problematic because of gridcamping. A guy coming down that elevator has basically zero chance to survive.
Yes, with combination that average weapon damage is about 60% of average hit points (2 hits to kill anyone). But that is probably for a different discussion.

But you don't have to tell me. After all I am that one lying there ;D
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:10:55 pm »

Personally i'm fine with people gridcamping places of value aka the so that they can control one of two areas to get chemical components.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 03:13:40 pm »

Personally i'm fine with people gridcamping places of value aka the so that they can control one of two areas to get chemical components.
The problem is that they are offline.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »

Even if they are online it's bullshit as players have no chance to engange in a fair and competitive way to fight back.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 05:04:17 pm »

Thanks, you just gave anyone who never thought about this the ability to do it =).

avv

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »

What part of "not being able to fight back because you just got instakilled" are you personally fine with?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »

Although i realize why people would say this is a problem, but its not an impossible problem.  You can work your ass off and buy mutant mercs and just instapwn those slaves and mercs yourself, thats why its not dubbed a exploit really.  But yeah, I agree the owner(s) should be online....  Maybe we can make a feature where your followers log out with you except on Base and tent maps.

Or you could just take some dynamite....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 06:02:59 pm »

One merc per Character!!!
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 06:09:35 pm »

There is a fairly simple answer, get two dogs or other melee NPCs. give them two sticks of ticking TNT.

Go down to the camped area, let the Mercs charge at the enemy mercs, you and the mercs die, but the others get blown to pieces by the TNT.

Or. just make the mercs run out of bullets. they will run out if you make them shoot you over and over, than just take a SMG down and waste them.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 07:19:16 pm »

There is a fairly simple answer, get two dogs or other melee NPCs. give them two sticks of ticking TNT.
Go down to the camped area, let the Mercs charge at the enemy mercs, you and the mercs die, but the others get blown to pieces by the TNT.
You know, suicider is not really my way of playing. ;) And I doubt this would work anyway.

Or. just make the mercs run out of bullets. they will run out if you make them shoot you over and over, than just take a SMG down and waste them.
I will be running there again and again (let's say for 2 hours?) and after I finally clear that area someone else will place there his mercs in next minute. ::)

One merc per Character!!!
That won't solve anything (only more alts for enough mercs/slaves). If you look at those pictures there is much more than 5 mercs (=max for 1 char). Not mentioning client crashing when your screen is loading and you get hit.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 09:34:14 pm »

What part of "not being able to fight back because you just got instakilled" are you personally fine with?

The part where you could fight mercs with mercs or the part where some rather large gang will eventually clear it out. The fact of the matter is someone blocking toxic caves and making chemical components harder to get is a great feature especially if you make drugs and jack up said prices.

avv

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »

The part where you could fight mercs with mercs or the part where some rather large gang will eventually clear it out. The fact of the matter is someone blocking toxic caves and making chemical components harder to get is a great feature especially if you make drugs and jack up said prices.

Looks like we got variance when it comes to encountering dangers. I personally prefer having a chance to retaliate when under attack, not running around head first and get over things with trial and error (meet something, die, come back, die again, repeat until success).

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:43 pm »

Looks like we got variance when it comes to encountering dangers. I personally prefer having a chance to retaliate when under attack, not running around head first and get over things with trial and error (meet something, die, come back, die again, repeat until success).
i like to think of it as guerrilla warfare myself...  just imagine it and maybe it'll be more bear able :D.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.