"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 10:41:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Don't allow mercs/slaves guard in public areas.  (Read 2222 times)

avv

Re: Don't allow mercs/slaves guard in public areas.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 09:54:26 pm »

i like to think of it as guerrilla warfare myself...  just imagine it and maybe it'll be more bear able :D.

I see your point but getting killed over and over again is just retarded gameplay. Real guerillas die only once.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:36:33 am »

Yeah, using holes in the gameplay and stuff clearly not meant for this manner to fight another hole in the gameplay... Wow.  ::)
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 04:53:13 am »

But yeah, I agree the owner(s) should be online....  Maybe we can make a feature where your followers log out with you except on Base and tent maps.
I really like this idea. Why should NPCs play for you, while you are offline?

But what i really want to know, when will be this client crashing bug solved. (Because without it, well geared and skilled group of players would clear that place easily.)

I my opinion it is good that you can control some place. It is good for gameplay and makes PvP interesting.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 05:27:01 am »

I dont like passive NPCs that solves problems, but i think that those "traps" are useful in Fonline, because it replace lack of content.

Imagine situation, where you want to mine minerals and you are killed by guarding mercs. First thing i do is that i report this to temates. Then we want to check more information, so we send there scout. Then we prepare attack group and we try to break this blocade. If we are succesfull, there is a lot of stuff from death players as a reward.

If this ability would not exist, this kind of entertaiment would not exist.

So long and THANKS for all the fish!

avv

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 09:57:31 am »

I dont like passive NPCs that solves problems, but i think that those "traps" are useful in Fonline, because it replace lack of content.

Imagine situation, where you want to mine minerals and you are killed by guarding mercs. First thing i do is that i report this to temates. Then we want to check more information, so we send there scout. Then we prepare attack group and we try to break this blocade. If we are succesfull, there is a lot of stuff from death players as a reward.

If this ability would not exist, this kind of entertaiment would not exist.

I'd rather have a chance to carefully monitor a place before I enter it so that it doesn't recuire my life to know what's inside but a little finesse. The way fonline is sometimes played is pretty suicidal: you encounter something, you get blasted to bits, you tell your guys and they send a scout that gets blasted to pieces aswell. 2 deaths were required to gather information, what kind of intelligence is that? How can the scout return to tell what happened if he's dead?
I'd say the gameplay would be much more entertaining if players respected the lives of their characters instead of sending them in forlorn hope missions if there's a chance of material gain. 
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.