"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:19:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Disable Cyrillic alphabet for naming characters  (Read 8777 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: Disable Cyrillic alphabet for naming characters
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 01:28:27 pm »

let's see what a dev has to say with this, is there game, let's see what they think

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 01:31:00 pm »

On august, when devs banned all chars that used FOCD (only little explanation: i was not banned!), many of our players migrates to TLA server. Most of TLA is in russian language. Even basic text in base computers. I requested little help how to add and remove players from our base on TLA on their forum, i get immediately respond that i am f.....g @$%^@#%* because our gang had base even many others long playing russian players did not have, but i also i get immediately help how to manage my problem with notice, that they will translate into english more texts.

After few days, this base computer managment was translated into english!!!! I was very glad that there exist positive reactions and help to non russian players.

From begining of 2238, there was not any similar effort to do same on this server (except russian subforum). And even you want to eliminate this little, what holds russian and other players of fallout online community together. Very sad.

And information that you cannot input cyrilic names into colourizing is not true. In old colourizing, we used aplicaiton that elegantly inputs that nicks into colourizing.. So this is not problem.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 01:36:35 pm »

HELL NO!!!!

Ok, if you want to get online/2 then move on, implement your nazi suggestions.

How about to disable poland speech as well? Otherwise, it's not fair. If you think server will win of getting rid of Russian players, then...
Anyone can press F3 and make a nice screenshot btw. No need to read.

P.S. Disable nick "skejwen" - becaise it is non english. For me it is hard to read and to memorize. The same goes for LESNIY JEBAKA, PAWLOWICZ and whatever east europian nicks.

Its really not an argument. Polish language and any other language in Europe use latin alphabet so ...

And for all, its just stupid paranioa. He want only dissable cirillic in nicks, not in whole game for god ...

Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 01:42:48 pm »

only in the names at least so we can add them easly in NC

Lordus

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 01:48:00 pm »

only in the names at least so we can add them easly in NC

It was not any problem for old colourizing... We already solved that.

And again. On TLA, they are "only" translating quest text into english, you want here "only" eliminate cyrilic nicks..

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 01:55:44 pm »

Its not me nor you who decide. Its just suggestion. There are listed points why its good step.

And there is only one worthy answer in this whole mess:
UTF-8 or bust!
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 02:48:12 pm »

They make it hard to recognize a character, what's so hard to understand in that?
Maybe for someone, who's narrow-minded.
BTW. It's also hard to recognize English-nickname characters by Russians.

Why not disable latin alphabet in nicks on 2238? Many Russians can't read latin, and there is a big Russian community on this server.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:57:38 pm by Floodnik »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 03:20:04 pm »

There is already TLA for russian players.. why they just cant play with it?

avv

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 03:40:29 pm »

Maybe for someone, who's narrow-minded.

What does someone's national bias have to do with his ability to read, write and recognize foreign letters?

BTW. It's also hard to recognize English-nickname characters by Russians.

Why don't they ever mention that? I've never seen any russian mentioning that they can't read latin letters correctly.

Why not disable latin alphabet in nicks on 2238? Many Russians can't read latin, and there is a big Russian community on this server.

Because 2238 is multinational server. If you compare to most multiplayer games around, they are based on latin letters because that's what most players understand to read.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 03:55:29 pm »

Im too for removing cyrillic names on 2238.

First, Lordus, it was fucking tedious job to add cyrillic names into NC ( for me, as a non-russian speaker/writer ).
Second, you ( russian players ) have this privilege only because of russian origins of this game, and I ask, why cant I use special characters like ľščťžýáíéúäňô in my nickname while you can.

Were not talking about language, but about usage of alphabet - Asian countries cant use their, so why can you.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 04:19:12 pm »

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 04:29:43 pm »

Not bad suggestion for disable cyrlic because 2238 is english server.

Why are there add chinese language etc? :P

No because there're english.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 04:39:03 pm »

Well the problem is not about russian. It's just that names in cyrilic are imposssible to be recognized (and even pronounced) by non russian player. It would be the same thing for chinese caracters, or greek or whatever else. I don't care if they can speak in that language, let them the possibility, you can even add chinese for talking. But the only way to recognize someone in this game is name, and cyrillic don't allow recognition for most people, where almost everyone can read latin.

(ofc it would be different if we had a working name colorizing...)
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Lordus

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 06:24:57 pm »

So result is, that on 2238 exist players, that are part of community and they dont want to eliminate cyrilic, even in name, in 2238, because they are not from latin writing countries. For me is very important to write name/nick in latin even on TLA server and i fully understand them.

avv

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 06:39:52 pm »

So result is, that on 2238 exist players, that are part of community and they dont want to eliminate cyrilic, even in name, in 2238, because they are not from latin writing countries.

If there are russian players who cannot read latin, how are they supposed to participate in testing if the general testing language for writing reports is made in english and with latin letters?

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 2.015 seconds with 23 queries.