"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 08:41:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Place to Start  (Read 3171 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Place to Start
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 07:48:48 pm »

If you arguing ad hominem, i dont know how you helping to new players, and i dont know how much newbies was helped out by you, but i know, and this is obvious, that most of new players didnt get any help from you (by the way, including language barrier problem), or from some another guy who-wants-to-help just like you, and 50% of they already left fonline. Just LOOK AROUND YOU! How many people ingame doing the same stuff like you? How many people just want to do the same? Thats right! Ones! And i still dont see any working project aimed on help for new players. While guys like you are chating how could be great to manage such project, new players are still lefts fonline.

Know what it means?

Means that there should be stabilized system, and the best way of realize it is my suggestion.
And also it means, that you just trying to show us how noble are you, or maybe this is the way to get recruits for you gang, or whatever. If this is your way to play this game, you can always find someone to help with something. Noob with 6th level is still noob and needs help.Main point of it is to let players gain 6 levels and get some basic stuff without any danger from PKs in towns, or NPCs on encounters. Noone will force you to make quests inside, if you feel yourself tough enough, you can just leave this location anytime.

I can't help everyone, and I don't help people so they join my gang. And I don't want to show off. Why would I need or want to do so? I'm not showing off, I'm just telling you that players could help each other instead of demanding more from the devs. You could help too (but no, you just ask the Devs to do MOAR work). And what do you mean by "language barrier"?

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 08:08:01 pm »

Who needs this "suggestions" thread then?! Dont suggest, just go and make it! Isnt it ridiculous?I dont think so ... as i said before, many people left not even started.
LoL, you want someone to do some job instead of you? What a lazy bastard...  ::) If so, don't expect to this suggestion to be implemented never.

ChikChik

• ... and I'am all out of gum!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 08:37:05 pm »

I can't help everyone, and I don't help people so they join my gang. And I don't want to show off. Why would I need or want to do so? I'm not showing off, I'm just telling you that players could help each other instead of demanding more from the devs. You could help too (but no, you just ask the Devs to do MOAR work). And what do you mean by "language barrier"?
Yeah! Iam agree with you totaly! Players could help each others, and more than, they SHOULD help each others, but this is utopia. As i said before there is not much such volunteers in game, and they cant handle all newcomers.
Again, i dont force anyone to do anything, as you can see, there is still no comments from devs.
In language barrier i mean, that you cant help player if he dont speak same language as you.
LoL, you want someone to do some job instead of you? What a lazy bastard...  ::) If so, don't expect to this suggestion to be implemented never.
So, you want to say, that every suggestions which was implemented in game, was made by ones who suggested it ? Rediculous again.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 08:46:09 pm »

So, you want to say, that every suggestions which was implemented in game, was made by ones who suggested it ? Rediculous again.
Not everything, I didn't told that, but if you want this to be implemented soon - give a dev's some material that they can rely on.

ChikChik

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 08:52:51 pm »

Not everything, I didn't told that, but if you want this to be implemented soon - give a dev's some material that they can rely on.
Yea, you are right probably, but if i only could know how to do it... thats why, only thing i can present here is idea. So, if you can add something useful to this suggestion, feel free to do it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:56:25 pm by ChikChik »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 05:37:44 pm »

I agree with the concept of this idea, even if I think devs are hostile to the idea of a "noobtown". However, I think there should be a few quests at your starting location to allow you to get to level three or four (max 4!). I would not like it to be just a small location and few NPCs inside saying "talk to this NPC and come back"... So it should be filled in with real content. That requires much work, unfortunately.
And I think it should be one location for everyone, too.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 05:46:57 pm »

There is already a pretty good "tutorial" in the game. Just talk to Lorraine in Adytum and she'll tell you all the ways to get yourself settled down in the game world.
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 06:11:27 pm »

It is already possible to get to lvl 3-4 very fast but it is hardly intuitive way. ;-) (I meant suit case quest)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

ChikChik

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 06:19:37 pm »

There is already a pretty good "tutorial" in the game. Just talk to Lorraine in Adytum and she'll tell you all the ways to get yourself settled down in the game world.
Yeah, probably. But before you will find and reach Adytum, you will be killed several times for sure. That kind of NPC-manual should be right before player when he starts.

JovankaB

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 07:13:30 pm »

Yeah, probably. But before you will find and reach Adytum, you will be killed several times for sure.

Then how did I make it to level 9 or 10, doing almost all quests, visiting most locations and dying only once - on purpose, to try to make the howitzer quest? Usually I don't die before I get to level 4-5 and make a tent. I must be special ::)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:15:35 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 07:16:18 pm »

You must have played this game before.

JovankaB

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 07:19:58 pm »

So the newbies can learn how to survive on low level.
Anyway, "You die a few times before you reach Adytum!!!" is huge exaggeration.

But there is another problem with this tutorial - it's completely useless because a new player has no idea there is some NPC with tutorial somewhere. The chance that someone will be lucky enough to find it when he starts the game is near 0. He can look it up on wiki, but by then he probably won't need this tutorial anyway.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:26:44 pm by JovankaB »

ChikChik

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 11:55:37 pm »

But there is another problem with this tutorial - it's completely useless because a new player has no idea there is some NPC with tutorial somewhere. The chance that someone will be lucky enough to find it when he starts the game is near 0. He can look it up on wiki, but by then he probably won't need this tutorial anyway.
Thats Right! And thats why we need start locations, new players will learn whole stuff right before they will make their first steps through wasteland. Also it could be much greater, if NPC will say tutorial to player and meanwhile give him some quests associated with tutorial, so, step by step player will learn and practice.

JovankaB

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 12:06:34 am »

I would agree, but first 6 levels? Is it to learn basics (which is OK) or to level up 100% safely (which is lame)? IMO maybe 1-2 levels at most, and it should be slower exping than just leaving this "newbie place" and starting normal game right away. Remember you won't learn how to deal with the biggest dangers (players) in this kind of location, so it really should be basic stuff for total beginners.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:14:57 am by JovankaB »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 02:17:41 am »

Yeah! Iam agree with you totaly! Players could help each others, and more than, they SHOULD help each others, but this is utopia. As i said before there is not much such volunteers in game, and they cant handle all newcomers.
Again, i dont force anyone to do anything, as you can see, there is still no comments from devs.

No, man. You don't agree with me at all. If you did, you would be helping people instead of posting this. And devs do not need to comment about this, because this is about a problem that could be solved by players themselves.

In language barrier i mean, that you cant help player if he dont speak same language as you.

That's a complete lie man. Do you even know which country I am from? I'm from Argentina. This means Spanish is my native language. And as you can see I can speak English pretty well. It seems that English is kind of the "official" language here, both in game and in this forum. Everyone who plays 2238 seems to know at least a bit of English. So I can communicate with them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 29 queries.