"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 09:04:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Changes on Weapons / Craft for beginners  (Read 1557 times)

Changes on Weapons / Craft for beginners
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:08:02 am »

My first suggestion is, less AP use on the BB guns, they already make low damage, and for those that value realism, bb guns zero recoil (they are very easy to handle) so it would make sense to lower their AP

Second is making pipe rifle craftable (Don't really see any arm in it being craftable)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Changes on Weapons / Craft for beginners
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:45:56 am »

BB gun belongs to "Rifles" category and it two-handed weapon so it got 5AP.
And, if i remember right i done topic about making pipe rifle craftable.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=7784
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:56:44 am by runboy93 »
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 01:06:44 am »

BB gun belongs to "Rifles" category and it two-handed weapon so it got 5AP.
And, if i remember right i done topic about making pipe rifle craftable.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=7784

oh.. so basically they would have to create a different category for it to have less AP?

Well... A suggestion for that would be: Adding a perk to the weapon (like some weapons having accurate or penetrate, for example) which would make it use less AP

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:08:30 am »

Also I think it was LagMaster who suggested that pipe rifle should be able to use any kind of ammo.

Anyway bb gun does not have any kind of use beside cripple trolling and still any pistol is still better because of lower ap usage.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 01:09:57 am »

Also I think it was LagMaster who suggested that pipe rifle should be able to use any kind of ammo.

Anyway bb gun does not have any kind of use beside cripple trolling and still any pistol is still better because of lower ap usage.

Exactly why I think it should use much less AP, it would be at least useful for new players, to kill small things

Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 01:21:03 am »

Why should it have lowered AP? It's damn rifle.

Action points are translated to time needed to aim weapon and fire it, not the time needed to pull trigger. Otherwise every weapon would take 1ap to shoot.
Just like in hunting rifle, you need to look down the ironsight of bbgun. This is shitty weapon to hunt with, and every newbie knows that. Also almost every other weapon for begginers is easier to get, so it is not an issue.

I bet you just want to be able to disable whole enemy team with crippler character in first turn. Cunning plan I must admit. Black Adder would be proud.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:22:47 am by Majer »
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 01:25:28 am »

Why should it have lowered AP? It's damn rifle.

Action points are translated to time needed to aim weapon and fire it, not the time needed to pull trigger. Otherwise every weapon would take 1ap to shoot.
Just like in hunting rifle, you need to look down the ironsight of bbgun. This is shitty weapon to hunt with, and every newbie knows that. Also almost every other weapon for begginers is easier to get, so it is not an issue.

I bet you just want to be able to disable whole enemy team with crippler character in first turn. Cunning plan I must admit. Black Adder would be proud.

you bet wrong, it's just the ammo is extremely easy to craft, the weapon is cheap, but damage is low, which wouldn't be *too* much problem if we could shoot it more times per round

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 01:25:58 am »

BB gun, cocking it is easy as fuuuuu, it has no recoil so continuos fire still being somewhat accurate would be easy, its lightweight as fuuu, it holds 100 BBs a mag so its not like you wouldn't shoot more than once so it kinda goes against itself...  

Lower it to 4 ap for singleshot at the very least:P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 01:27:18 am »

BB gun is low level gun, imo it is kind of event gun, if you are bored you can entertain yourself to shoot with bb gun agaisnt your mates.. this gun should not be competitive in any other way

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 01:28:50 am »

And BB gun itself don't need any boost.
Just make it craftable, because now we must get it from farmers and other NPCs.
And also this would be good to say that Zip gun should be craftable too (because it almost impossible to get now and because of price)
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 01:43:36 am »

i enjoyed using the bb to slowly attack a thief in NCR, chased them around the bazaar doing 6-8 dmg at a time  ;D

It's useful to torture would be and/or unsuccessful thieves.

Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:10:56 am »

i enjoyed using the bb to slowly attack a thief in NCR, chased them around the bazaar doing 6-8 dmg at a time  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y&feature=player_detailpage
?
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 10:38:29 am »

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.