"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 07:16:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Bring back old colourizing  (Read 21671 times)

Re: Bring back old colourizing
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »

I think more color (far more than ten) is worth to try. (manual)

But yes, most of us miss the namecolorising. (who doesn't ?)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »

How about that a faction reputation system gets implemented like this.
A and B are players A belongs to player faction X, B belongs to nobody. B meets A and kill him he gets -100 toward player faction X. Then be kills two more guy from Faction X now he is at -300 so from now on all member of Faction X sees him as enemy but if time passed the rep goes down like in npc factions now to make it more interesting lets say Faction X members ambush San Francisco Caravans and kill a lot of them the Faction X gets a -10 rep from each kill any member does against SF now then this minus rep gets added to the rep of each members. To make up with SF faction X decides that try to help out San Francisco the members of the faction help San Fransico's interest either by healing their caravan guards or killing their enemies this way for each rep gain the faction get lets say +5 and this gets to count in the reputation of all faction members.
About the name colorizer I have nothing against it haven't been around when it was around so I don't know how things were at that time and I'm not that bad with names as long as they are not like this 3L00rD or written in cyrillic letters but the mercenaries and followers could use an in game kill em list or don't harm them list. Also having more color to add to players would be better as long as its happens in game like typing it inside the pipboy and that list would be used for the followers too.

makes sense to me, a faction is a faction.
The fact is that A LOT of people already shoot on sight any way (role playing? hard to do if your dead) . If your not the kind of person who shoots on sight you have no chance because you are knocked out or crippled while trying to type 'hello'.

Now as a person who likes to RP I would be in favour of an active PvP karma system. I mean if your the kind of guy who enjoys trolling the waste killing anyone and everyone for a few caps then from an RP perspective wouldn't you want some tangible street-cred? How about you kill a loner blue-suite and spit on his dying face, his last act is to tag you red which gives you a bit of global negative karma. The more negative global karma you get the redder your name gets for non-affiliated chars, and vice-versa for positive actions.

This doesn't cancel out RP, it just adds the dimension of reputation which is something that happens naturally in any real society. People who have polarized reputations get preceded by them. That's the way it worked in medieval society, thats the way it worked in the ol'west, thats the way it works these days and thats the way it will work on martian colonies in 2140.

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »

NPC store it in their memory, being a virtual one that is. Players don't have brains to store informations in?

and another great post from the admins that later ask for our donations

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »

which isn't even the point, i have better things to do than make up mnemonic devices to remember names like DumAzzzz3458372

Astarot

• Damn ! WTF ! Why you die so easily !
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2011, 02:16:57 pm »

Players don't have brains to store informations in?

Seriously... its really a bad joke ! ^^
" Low stuff on my 'cause I was tired of loosing BA " Caled

" Stay calm tomorow will be better you'll see ! " dskpnk
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2011, 09:37:41 pm »

Against. I like it how I meet unknown guys in the wasteland and give them a chance, instead of having them instantly recognized by a database I downloaded on my faction's website.

Namecolorizing's gone and I like it like that. Yeah. :P
x2

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »

hell yeah, just bring it back!!!!!
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2011, 09:46:17 am »

Something that may worth trying.

The namecolorizing file, but on a website.
You register an account (with login and password) on the website to have access to your own namecolorizing.
You add a limited number of fonline characters, that will use this namecolorizing. (with login and passwords) So, this namecolorizing will work with more than one characters. (ten characters, for one player, seems quite fair)
Then, you add the list of characters that you want to give the various colors. You can't copy-paste and entire list, in one row, but you add your friends, ennemies and others, one by one. (like a faction computer)
Then, you save.
This namecolorizing will work on your ten characters.

The advantages :
- The names are added manually
- You gain various colors
- You don't have to tag all player, with all of your characters.
- This namecolorizing will be used by multiple characters of your own.
- You still can have various namecolorizing, depending of the type of your characters. (when you log a pk, you wouldn't automatically keep an apk namecolorizing.
- It couldn't be used by a whole faction.
- It couldn't be massivelly shared.
- New players wouldn't automatically have a list of ennemies, when they first log.
- Everyone would be happy.

The unconvenients:
- We use an external application
- The dev must admit that we all have multiple characters. (which is not a secret for anyone, and even normal for a beta-test)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:48:04 am by naossano »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2011, 11:14:14 am »

Much work... For what? For a pain in the ass system which will be filled by bots (cause entering each name one by one is too annoying to be done manually, it's already why nobody use faction terminal) and which will give the very exact same result (seriously you really think it won't be shared?) than the good old namecolorizing, which was easy to use, effective, and very useful.

All arguments are bulls...

- The names are added manually
In what is it an advantage?

- You still can have various namecolorizing, depending of the type of your characters. (when you log a pk, you wouldn't automatically keep an apk namecolorizing.
Just have 2 NC and rename it when you need... Or add an option to give different NC to different char with the old NC.

- It couldn't be used by a whole faction.
It will be. Easy to have a list, and little prog which enter everyone.

- It couldn't be massivelly shared.
It will be. See above.

- New players wouldn't automatically have a list of ennemies, when they first log.
They wouldn't anyway. You have to go to forum, understand what faction is what, choose the NC of one faction who published it and that you think you can trust, and download it. What kind of new player do that?

- Everyone would be happy.
No.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Daro

• Bang Bang Smash
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2011, 11:31:16 am »

Currently NC is great. 2 line of text and all my gang mates are colored. It is just great.
In old one I needed to add every nick one by one. It was pure wasting of time.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2011, 11:59:55 am »

Currently NC is great. 2 line of text and all my gang mates are colored. It is just great.
Only your nothing more

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2011, 12:33:32 pm »

If this is sarcasm, then +1 for nice trolling.
If you're serious, then you're idiot
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2011, 01:33:38 pm »

Crazy >

- Adding the names manually
So the anti-namecolorizing league would be happy too.
And the namecolorizing will come back.

- For the bot.
There must be a way, of preventing that. (For instance, a system that force you to tape the letters showed on a picture, every x characters you entered)

- For limiting the manual pain in the ass thing
The namecolorizing would work for a defined number of characters (10 for instance)
So the pain in the ass would happen only one time per player.
Plus, only those who really care about namecolorising will use it.

- The actual team namecolorizing.
There must be a way that the new one doesn't override the team one...

- A new system
We are beta tester. Why wouldn't we try it and see what happens ?

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2011, 02:02:12 pm »

If this is sarcasm, then +1 for nice trolling.
If you're serious, then you're idiot
The fact he does not share your opinion does not make him idiot, however the fact you post this makes you one.
It'd be much easier for people who uses these board to acutally improve their game to have them clear as much as possible.
Anyway as for my opinion on colors - as green/red are low level private personal ratings, and you have option to choose your own colors for people in your faction (which is unfortunately the only of two ways to see who is in your faction), I think it'd be nice to have it completed by faction database - option to rate or even color other people prepared by faction officers.
Eg. if we go for earlier - you might still tag red/green and 2 more color types like light green/red for faction friends and enemies. Your faction would get another color.
While this would reduce your options even more (one could imagine you could've tag tanks other color than rest of your teammates or anything), you will not share data outside game and factions would make a little more sense than just being for storages and TC.
Namecolorizing could then work as a configuration file for existing colors, so you can pick your own taste (which is very useful since green/red is not always that fortunate and some might want to use other combinations)
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2011, 02:21:22 pm »

Just make colorizing to possible add other factions color like our faction nickname color is purple that for example TTTLA will be blue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.