"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 04:05:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Bring back old colourizing  (Read 21699 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Bring back old colourizing
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2011, 01:00:45 pm »

zomg thats discussion is pointless, namecolorosing is good, wanted and very handy for all players who play TC, call them PK  whatever u want.
role playing players / casuals/ loners wont gonna use it couse they dont need it, want it.

So just stop that jiber jaber and bring it back. I have rather fresh experiance with working  namecolorising (requiem server current session) and its working just great in PvP.

Sad that 2238 isn't just about PvP then, heh? :(
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:05 pm »

but ur loved non PvP players just dont have to use/install namecolorising so whats the problem ?

and yes 2238 isnt only about PvP true but its mostly about it :p face the truth its MMO not cRPG so the main axis of this game is PvP.
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2011, 01:24:43 pm »

I give some level of relationship that i could have :
- He is a member of my gang (already have it)
- He is someone important (a faction leader or a GM/dev)
- He is a member of a long time allied faction. (TTTLA/VSB for instance)
- He is a player that started to fight amongs us recently.
- This is a bad player from a good faction.
- His kind of nice guy, that don't fight often
- I already have some relationship with this one, a start to like him. But i can't trust him for good.
- I already met this guy, but i have no idea of who is it.
- I never met this guy.
- I know this guy is untrustable, but i am not sure yet, if he is bad or not.
- He is a thief and a liar, but not a pk
- This is a neutral guy (mercenary) that could be bad or good, depending of the situation.
- I like him but we are from factions that are ennemies. We fight each other during battles, but play together when battle over. (some TTLA could have rogues friends for instance)
- This is a nice player from a bad faction.
- This person can be shot in some places, but not in others. (Redding, for instance)
- This guy is generally an ennemy, but these day, we figh on the same side (TTTLA and CS during peackeeper)
- This guy is an ennemy, but also someone with little common sense. We don't HAVE to fight each other everytime we meet.
- This guy is a lonnelly pk. He is bad, but not dangerous.
- This guy is an ennemy, that i may dislike, but with i may have to relationship with him. Sometime, we trade, or make negociations.
- This guy is a cold blood ennemy. No hesitation to fight agains't him.
- This guy is my worst ennemy, he base raped me 6 times, killed me 89000 times, and stole 9 of my characters, beat me in real-life, and raped my mother. I hate him, and want to kill him 1999054454 times if i can.

Right now, you only have 3 colours, which means, you can't start a relantionship by giving a neutral-good color. You can't give a chance to an ennemy to be neutral-bad. If you don't trust someone, you can give him grey color and forget the untrust, or red tag, and kill him the next time. If you already know someone and never fight side by side with hime, you give him the same color than someone you never met. There is no possibility of more relationship than your ability to remember names. (which are very numerous)

Some people that i like are from ennemies factions. I can't have any relantionship with them other than killing each other.

I ended with.
- Only long, long time allies, with green tag (need to be absolutly certain that the guy is good)
- Known ennemies, with red tag, watever they are always bad, or just sometimes (no other relation than fight)
- Everyone else grey, that i don't trust, and that i may shoot as well, when i am in a battle with numerous ennemies. (calling that martial law. To much people on map, no way to risk being shot by a grey guy)

The APK have to kill everyone they had ONE problem with. (by shooting accidentally an APK, you end up, been killed by all APK for years)
The PK have to be really, really bad, because no one will care if they are half bad, half good. (even if you try to make fair fight free PK, you will still be considered equal than someone who gridcamp, steal, base rape or troll)
More colors is better for APK AND PK.

I want more than 3  colours.
(don't care if it's automatic or manual, for one character, or all)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:18:13 pm by naossano »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2011, 01:52:56 pm »

Lots of colors set manually per-character seems really correct.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:12:00 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »

do i get u right Izual ? ur proposing no namecolorising and just addition of few pitty colors to current green and red ?
u really think that anyone gonna manually (for god sake!) mark hundreds of alts ?
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2011, 03:59:51 pm »

It may be linked with someone's idea to have lists in Pipboy.

So you wont have to tag the head of the guy to have him on your list.

One problem will remain.
You should share your own list with you others own characters.
(more risk of abuse, but an huge comfort for player)

Maybe an encrypted namecolorizing, than can be used only by ten characters. (seems fair for a number of alts)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:01:35 pm by naossano »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »

u really think that anyone gonna manually (for god sake!) mark hundreds of alts ?
But my dear, you're already doing that 8)
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2011, 04:28:35 pm »

ofcooz im not my love , im not using that crappy system, i use crippled/retarded namecolorising (txt file linked with faction member list)
it works horrible, but even then its ten times better that  point and click manually crappy green tagging

answer me that Izual:

Why u dont want for PvP players (who are soil of this server) to have good working feature (full namecolorising system) , when all other players (RP,loners,etc) just DONT HAVE TO USE namecolorising. It doesnt make any differance for them! Not a bit! U can make ur manually point and click/ with even 10 colors for them if u want.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »

answer me that Izual:

Why u dont want for PvP players (who are soil of this server) to have good working feature (full namecolorising system) , when all other players (RP,loners,etc) just DONT HAVE TO USE namecolorising. It doesnt make any differance for them! Not a bit! U can make ur manually point and click/ with even 10 colors for them if u want.

He just don't like PvP players and want them to suffer as much as possible. No other reason.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2011, 04:49:36 pm »

None of your posts make sense, I think I'm going to do just like everybody else, stop replying :-\

Edit, @Rascal: If you want answers to your questions, read this keeping in mind 2238 is not a game based on PvP.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:53:11 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:40 pm »

Edit, @Rascal: If you want answers to your questions, read this keeping in mind 2238 is not a game based on PvP.
Damn i don't see any other things in 2238 right now that pvp, because roleplay is dead, questless ( we need more dungeons instances much harder). Oh sorry yea other than pvp, trolling people in towns... damn sad

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2011, 05:25:02 pm »

Even for roleplayer this is a very usefull feature. I bet WWP would have loved to have this feature to recognize troublemaker, allies, random but nice guys... it just add something to the game, it allow a whole "political" and deep diplomatic relations, allow to some peoples who don't shoot on sight to be a bit less stressed...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »

Yes, it allows for indepth metagaming. It further undermines that people aren't even trying to "roleplay" when each of their alts just magically knows all the players friends/foes, instead that the character makes up his own enemies or friends. It's breaking the forth wall. It also leeches unique interaction between players, as the aformentionend examples already showed. "lol I've never seen this guy but he is green so he must be a p. cool guy/oh noez he is red, we must shoot him (never heard that name before btw). It degrades interaction between players even further into just some binary crap - "cool guy" "pretty cool guy" "friend" "kill on sight" etc.

But it's not that we've had these discussions already during the course of this thread and several threads of the same nature before. It's gone, deal with it.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »

Yes, it allows for indepth metagaming. It further undermines that people aren't even trying to "roleplay" when each of their alts just magically knows all the players friends/foes, instead that the character makes up his own enemies or friends. It's breaking the forth wall. It also leeches unique interaction between players, as the aformentionend examples already showed. "lol I've never seen this guy but he is green so he must be a p. cool guy/oh noez he is red, we must shoot him (never heard that name before btw). It degrades interaction between players even further into just some binary crap - "cool guy" "pretty cool guy" "friend" "kill on sight" etc.

But it's not that we've had these discussions already during the course of this thread and several threads of the same nature before. It's gone, deal with it.
Hell yea, u saw on wall somebody is wanted, you meet him and u just ask if he is that guy *burst in face* its so true... Damn Surf your argument do antyrealism :D If somebody say this guys is cool you dont need to meet him before because somebody said it. Colorising is something like that
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2011, 07:41:30 pm »

How about that a faction reputation system gets implemented like this.
A and B are players A belongs to player faction X, B belongs to nobody. B meets A and kill him he gets -100 toward player faction X. Then be kills two more guy from Faction X now he is at -300 so from now on all member of Faction X sees him as enemy but if time passed the rep goes down like in npc factions now to make it more interesting lets say Faction X members ambush San Francisco Caravans and kill a lot of them the Faction X gets a -10 rep from each kill any member does against SF now then this minus rep gets added to the rep of each members. To make up with SF faction X decides that try to help out San Francisco the members of the faction help San Fransico's interest either by healing their caravan guards or killing their enemies this way for each rep gain the faction get lets say +5 and this gets to count in the reputation of all faction members.
About the name colorizer I have nothing against it haven't been around when it was around so I don't know how things were at that time and I'm not that bad with names as long as they are not like this 3L00rD or written in cyrillic letters but the mercenaries and followers could use an in game kill em list or don't harm them list. Also having more color to add to players would be better as long as its happens in game like typing it inside the pipboy and that list would be used for the followers too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 22 queries.