"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:29:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: YACS! (Yet Another Caps Suggestion)  (Read 5874 times)

Re: YACS! (Yet Another Caps Suggestion)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 06:01:49 pm »

If it can be farmed, it means that it can be also farmed in large quantities. Our playerbase has proven to be able to concentrate on the most boresome tasks to gain profit.

As I see it, you can gather large quantities farming. You generally don't farm large quantities of most items unless you're lucky enough to encounter a loaded player.
Players at most MMO games are able to repeatedly do the same boring tasks to gain profit.

Alright then there's another issue. If for example BoS wanted something, it has to mean that they lose something if they don't get it. But if they do get what they want they should also gain something. What I'm talking about here is causality. If you donate ammo to BoS it should naturally mean that they become stronger. If nobody donates, they won't get any stronger and would eventually even lose their strength. If nothing happens there's no point in the whole quest. Why there's no point? Because if there is no causality, there is no multiplayer activity because everyone can simply get that 5mm ammo alone.

If that's the case, NCR should have been overrun by now.
Enclave and BoS require payments in ammo in order to join. Why not add the option to require profession levels by paying in ammo too?

We already got some quests with absolutely no point except to give some newbies starting cash. Good example is cargo hauling or spear-selling, completely pointless and all the same whether someone does it or not.

I don't understand why you get xp for selling spears, carrying boxes and digging shit. Those aren't quests. As far as I'm concerned it can be removed. Simular for getting 10 caps for digging shit in NCR and the Hub. Reduce it to 5.

Removing npc traders isn't needed. I just pointed out that there are games without any npc merchants and have working economy.

Personally I would like it more the way Entropia Universe works (haven't played it for a long time).
In that "game" you can buy some basic stuff from terminals in towns and outposts. Everything else is either crafted or looted. Everything that has value can be sold to the terminal for money. Trading takes place in a few busy towns or through the auction system.
Than again EU has it's currency linked to the dollar. 10 Project Entropia Dollars equals 1 US dollar.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 21 queries.