"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:35:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Perks and Traits balance/rework  (Read 7266 times)

Perks and Traits balance/rework
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:48:22 pm »

Perks:

-Bonus HtH Damage:
A decent pure dmg build require 2 touhgness+3 hth dmg +bonus hth attacks +living anatomy. that leaves almost no options other than sacrifice some hth dmg (or DR) to get more hp or AP. And also a +2 in max melee dmg its not a great bonus.
1) make only 2 ranks that gives +3 to melee dmg. (same max damage per hit)
2) make only 2 ranks that gives +2 to max melee dmg and also +2 to min melee dmg. (less max damage per hit, but more min dmg)

-Magnetic Personality:
like was suggested many times:  this perk should be allowed for 10 Ch characters or 10 Ch = 5 max followers.

-Adrenaline Rush:
Replace the useless +1St  with some more useful. I think in some bonus for melee builds like:
1) +2 Melee dmg, +1 ap when hp are below 50% (2 ranks. req: lvl 9, En >5 St >5 )
2) +2 Melee dmg, +5% DR when hp are below 50% (2 ranks. req: lvl 9, En >5 St >5 )
3) +1ST +1EN, +15% DR, -2PE when hp are below 50% (a free psycho) (1 rank. req: lvl 12, En >5 St >5 )

-Weapon handling:
ST its mostly used for weapons requirements. so i think +3 in ST its a huge bonus for a perk. it should be reduced to +2 but can be picked earlier (lvl 9).(im sure this will be rejected by most players)

-Silent death:
remove the unarmed requirement, so it can be used for unarmed and melee fighters.

other perks suggestions: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4473.0

Traits:

With the new drugs i think in some better options for chem reliant and chem resist:

-Chem reliant:
1) positive effect of drugs last 15 minutes more (total of 45) but you have double chance to get addicted and addiction last longer (80 minutes)
2) improve the positive* effects of drugs (jet: +3AP | psycho: +20% DR, +2En | Buffout: +3St, +3En| Mentats +3In +3Ch), but if you got addicted you get -2Ap (instead of -1Ap).
*negative effects will remain the same.

-Chem resists:
You wont be affected by negative drug effects, but drugs effects last less time (total of 15 or 20 minutes).

-Night person:
The Int bonus only affects your science in +/-4%. (in original fallout IN also was used in some dialog checks)
1) +/-1Ch +/-1PE. With the Ch bonus a char with 2 Ch will be able to make quest/trade/get professions during night.
2) +/-1AG +/-1PE. So a player with and odd value in Ag can have 1 more AP during night.
3) +/-1AG +/-1Ch +/-1PE. Combination of 1 and 2.

-Gifted: (replacing the unused sex appeal)
Same trait but +1 in St,Pe,Ag,Ch  (+4 special) instead of +1 in each attribute (+7 special).
Lets analyze it for balance purposes: putting 3 points in Int will give 1skill point (sp) extra per lvl (21 sps) and still you get 1 more special point. Also you get -10 for all skills, commonly 3/4 skills are used (-30/40 sps).  21 -30/40 = you get a -19/9 sps.
So you get +1 special point at the cost of 19/9 sps. but also you get some limitations, you cant create a char with 1 CH (or Pe, Ag,St) and you cant get more than 20 sps per lvl. (some build like sneaker require 23-25 sps).

-Bruiser:
now its only useful for some not combat builds (alts in most cases). I was thinking in a complete different trait:
You are much less likely to be knocked down in combat, but when you are knocked it takes you the double amount of time to get on your feets. Also knockdown and knockbacks do 50% more dmg to you (The bigger they are, the harder they fall).
May be can be OP in combination with stone wall.

Thoughts?
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Perks and Traits balance/rework
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 12:22:42 am »

I've actually got most of them redone already and quite a few added.

If you want some areas to concentrate on:
Good Natured (I hate +X skill points - skill points for Traits)
Night Person (basically pointless as it is)
Kamikaze
Sex Appeal

(2 of these will make room for others, I think. If any particularly good new Traits are suggested/pop into my head, perhaps more.)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 01:42:37 am »

Good Natured -5 damage per attack, 5 extra skillpoints per level
Night Person 20% bonus to sneak at night, -1pe during the day
Kamikaze AC reduced to 0, damage increased by 15%
Sex Appeal  -2cha for same gender, +2cha for opposite on npc checks

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 01:45:36 am »

What's wrong with Kamikaze?
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 02:20:04 am »

Good Natured -5 damage per attack, 5 extra skillpoints per level
Night Person 20% bonus to sneak at night, -1pe during the day
Kamikaze AC reduced to 0, damage increased by 15%
Sex Appeal  -2cha for same gender, +2cha for opposite on npc checks
GD - it would replace skilled, so no
NP - weak trait
KAMIKAZE - overpowered trait, but not bad direction, perhaps negative should be in -% to DR
SA - useless
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 02:26:47 am »

KAMIKAZE - overpowered trait, but not bad direction, perhaps negative should be in -% to DR

No, Kamikaze should set AC to 0 and give DR instead. You are bulky so you can't dodge bullets but instead you can take them on your chest easily.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 02:39:28 am »

We alerady have ghost and stealthboy bonuses now we get night person as well?
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 04:23:36 am »

I've actually got most of them redone already and quite a few added.
im really happy to hear that. i can't wait to see the changes.

Good Natured:
i was thinking in some bonus for crafter or doctors but this only make better alts. So i think in some combat bonus:
+1 or 2* more party limit/ +1AP cost for any attack.
*7 followers may be will be very OP, so can be a restriction of 6 followers max. (you can have 7 Ch +Good natured + magnetic personality or 9 ch +Good natured to get 6 followers, if you get 9 Ch +Good natured + magnetic personality, you still can have max of 6 followers)

Kamikaze: +20% critical mod (like better criticals)/ -20% DR

Sex Appeal: For now i think should be replaced (for a nerfed version of gifted or for an animal friend/beast lord trait like was suggested some times). Perhaps in the future when more quest will be implemented and added some npc interaction features this trait will be more interesting.

What's wrong with Kamikaze?
The 0 Ac has almost no impact in late game, and sequence works only in TB.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 08:19:02 am »

0 ac affects burst damage, more likely to take higher amounts

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 11:04:07 am »

0 ac affects burst damage, more likely to take higher amounts

Kamikaze + leather armors solution = AC cummulative effect
 I though that AC of target affects possibility of attacker player chance to hit his target.

Current powerbuild creation is alchemy. Probability of hit enemy build on max range and 95 percent in CA/Brotherhood is one (major) part of calculation. Current state is: take best armor, equip imaginary target and make calculation where you must have at max range 95 percent to hit, so there is only 5 percent chance to miss even if you shoot at max range of your build weapon (if you dont have fail-build or your char does not have drugs at the moment).

But because of this, i think that AC should be raised, so current powerbuilds, with 95 percent chance to hit on max range, will have penalty on long ranges, but DR should be low.

Like real ninja.. he can shy at enemy shot/burst more often, but if he gets hit, he would be more damaged.

This will also be a reson why to take leather armors instead of metal/CA, because they have bigger AC.

So Kamikaze - Raise AC, low DR (or DT) => this will also create a possibility of choice between leather armors and others.

Example: powerbuild vs build in Brotherhood = 95 percent at max range
             same powerbuild vs build in leather armorr + kamikadze = 50, 75, 85 percent chance to hit (depends on range).

You can every time raise hit probability by adding more skill points or taking one hander....

Kamikaze should be 0AC but instead bonus damage resistance 10-15%. This would be interesting

Every current build max range hit prob. is calculated with more than 0 AC (i think that BA has 30AC). So 0 AC and DMG res will mean only that there will be still 95 percent chance hit at max range (like now) but you will add 1 + 1/2 of toughness perk for free without any major negative feauture. Also there will be no reason to take leather armors. So better idea is do oposite (raise AC, low DT/DR)

New trait:

Rusher: +2 AP needed for shooting x can recharge AP even if is moving

Universal soldier: Starting bonus to SG, BG, EW, throw, melee, unarmed skills x  inteligence (skill points) penalty  => you will be able to make char that could use i.e. big guns like a major weapon (if you tag it), but because of bonus, you will be able to use also nades or submachine guns, if you spend some additional inteligence points to those skills. Maybe only throwing could have this kind of bunus (so your char can use nades too).

Hunter: + 2 (4,6)?? damage per hit to animal (or similar to animal..floater, centaur) creature, - 2 (4,6)??? damage to human enemies. Maybe bonus could affect even all NPCs and negatie effect could affect only players chars.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:20:07 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 11:46:54 am »

Kamikaze should be 0AC but instead bonus damage resistance 10-15%. This would be interesting

SA - useless

What? Just bring more female traders and it would be a nice option to consider
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 01:41:53 pm »

So Kamikaze - Raise AC, low DR

I think this is probably the way to to go. There will be other perks to get more AC too, so for someone trying to be hard to hit, Kamikaze would be their trait.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »

I think this is probably the way to to go. There will be other perks to get more AC too, so for someone trying to be hard to hit, Kamikaze would be their trait.

This trait + leather armors + dodger .... ideal for long range builds (defacto special kind of long range additional defence, but low range big disadvantage).
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 01:57:33 pm »

Well, the obvious option would be HtH guys. With every "dodging" perk they'd be very hard to hit ;)
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 06:59:14 pm »

Well, the obvious option would be HtH guys. With every "dodging" perk they'd be very hard to hit ;)
is hth evade still broken?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 28 queries.