"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rot Guts need some serious balancing  (Read 1361 times)

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
Rot Guts need some serious balancing
« on: October 14, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »

You need two fruits and one wood to make just one rot gut. But why would you bother? Making alcohol out of these materials takes time and this kind of fuel isn't very efficient. You fill up your car with 11 bottles but it charges up with only 9 units. Instead you can exchange just two fruits for 5 SEC. With 22 fruits used to craft 11 rot guts you can get as much as 55 SEC. Moreover one rot gut costs 120 caps!! So you can trade it for 12 SEC batteries!

My suggestion is:
-to justify rot gut prices to batteries or make alcohol even cheaper so people that barely make a living and have a car can actually drive it
-to make a car with "rot gut mod" able to use ANY alcohol
-to make different rot gut productivity for different types of cars

EDIT: almost forgot, why not make flamethrower fuel usable for vehicles?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:50:36 pm by John Ryder »
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Re: Rot Guts need some serious balancing
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:48:34 pm »

I like the idea of an alcohol mod for cars, and i guess using any type of alcohol would work. Rotgut would give the largest capacity out of the alcohols (based on what you said, 11 bottles gives 9 energy? Yeah that should be a bit larger), and others would give less.

Alcohol should give you a speed boost for as long as it is in the system, something like 150-200% of normal speed (would also make cars more desirable). The trade-off could be that the combustion reaction deteriorates your vehicle faster.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:52:26 pm »

Rotgut is an even bigger pain if you use a flamer.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:04:35 am »

I think one rotgut should add more power to car than 1 unit and flamethrower fuel is fuel so car should use that too.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:19:50 am »

I think one rotgut should add more power to car than 1 unit and flamethrower fuel is fuel so car should use that too.

Afterburner, hell yeah  8). Conversely to Gunduz idea I think alcohol should decrease fuel consumption (alcohol as biocomponent, made of fruit) while flamethrower fuel would speed up the car  8)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 23 queries.