"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:42:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Throwing knifes  (Read 5589 times)

Throwing knifes
« on: May 08, 2010, 05:15:10 am »

Since throwing knives can no longer be used as a normal knife and can only be thrown they should have their AP cost reduced to 3 AP not 4 as it is now. I would also suggest that they be given the piercing effect that the wakizashi sword had to make them at least useful against people using anything above a leather jacket. And I don't want to hear "why don't you just use grenades?" well because this isn't about grenades, those are fine.
I have the patience of a chopping block...
Re: Throwing knifes
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 05:32:30 am »

Agreed, throwing knives should be more awesome considering their limited range/damage.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 08:20:24 am »

First of all - grenades aren't fine. Since sneak got nerfed, the plasma shit needs to get knockdown back.
Next - your knives are crit weapon, doesn't matter how many ap they need, really - you go for a kill in a hit or two and 4 unaimed/5 aimed is perfectly fine. Or they're just backup/troll stuff and are completely neutral.
Last of all - buff molotovs a bit. It's one of those budget tier weapons nobody really uses because they're not really budget if you consider damage/cost ratio.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 08:43:02 am »

First of all - grenades aren't fine. Since sneak got nerfed, the plasma shit needs to get knockdown back.
Next - your knives are crit weapon, doesn't matter how many ap they need, really - you go for a kill in a hit or two and 4 unaimed/5 aimed is perfectly fine. Or they're just backup/troll stuff and are completely neutral.
Last of all - buff molotovs a bit. It's one of those budget tier weapons nobody really uses because they're not really budget if you consider damage/cost ratio.

"Or they're just backup/troll stuff and are completely neutral". That is just wrong, basically you're saying that the weapon is worthless and should be removed from the game because why use it when you can use grenades unless you're messing around. And then "Next - your knives are crit weapon" this is just lies and you know it, tell me who do you know who that uses knives instead of grenades especially when you can throw 3-5 grenades or 2 non eye/head/groin knife shots in the same amount of time?  This is a suggestion to fix throwing Knifes this is not about grenades.
I have the patience of a chopping block...

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:18:13 am »

I actually would make a knife based powerbuild if sneak wasn't nerfed. Because I can crit you in the eye with a knife and I can't with a grenade. Honestly, if you like knives you shouldn't be so hard on them. They have the instakill/stun potential, which really is hardcore - just ask a sniper. If you don't know a sniper just present your head over the sandbag wall equivalent in a 2238 equivalent of Saraievo - I bet the answer is going to come at you with the speed of a bullet, lol.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:32:43 am by Nice_Boat »
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 12:02:56 pm »

I actually would make a knife based powerbuild if sneak wasn't nerfed. Because I can crit you in the eye with a knife and I can't with a grenade.
Lol? You mean totally unnerfed sneak, where you don't care about weight? First of all look at weight of every throwing knife. Second look at damage/range. Third... you can iake powerbuild based on ONLY dewert eagle and sneak and you'll have advantage over knifer, because:
1) desert eagle+bullets = less weight than throwing knives;
2) desert eagle has minimal damage a bit more than throwing knife;
3) same AP;
4) desert eagle has more range;
5) easy to get/craft, than throwing knives.
6) ...you can always use something better than desert eagle ;p

So, making build on throwing knife is simply for RP only.

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 12:21:02 pm »

Lol? You mean totally unnerfed sneak, where you don't care about weight? First of all look at weight of every throwing knife. Second look at damage/range. Third... you can make powerbuild based on ONLY desert eagle and sneak and you'll have advantage over knifer, because:
1) desert eagle+bullets = less weight than throwing knives;
2) desert eagle has minimal damage a bit more than throwing knife;
3) same AP;
4) desert eagle has more range;
5) easy to get/craft, than throwing knives.
6) ...you can always use something better than desert eagle ;p

So, making build on throwing knife is simply for RP only.

You read my mind.
Throwing knifes should cost 3-4 AP for aimed throws. They could become primary crippling weapon. 9 AP = 3 leg/hand throws. It would be usable and pretty awesome.. ehh I'd also suggest increased range and decreased weight.. and making them easier to craft(bigger ammounts per craft)
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 02:44:19 pm »

Whoa, one thing at a time XD
I support armor piercing perk, and less weight, but 9 AP = 3 leg/hand throws seems a bit much to me..
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 02:57:00 pm »

I hope I misunderstood that: you are saying granades need boost?
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 08:55:30 pm »

The other things is they shouldn't require science to craft, 40 science is a lot to ask from a throwing knife build.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:27:58 pm »

man i just wanna see the throwing knife to be used as a normal knife but the step up from the combat knife... was rly surprised when i tried to use thsoe throwing knives i had as normal knives...

but I also agree that the throwing knife skill needs some better throwing knives... grenades are sweet but eh how about a step up throwing knife from the throwin knife? TK Mk. 2? Treated TK? Greased TK for that -1 ap but less range or something... maybe give the yakuzas some shirukans? only good against armour if you hit em in the eyes?

eighter way dont care but maybe fallout tactics/ van buren had a good idea we should steal?
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:32:12 pm »

yeah the different throwing weapons were fun in fot but largely useless.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 11:50:36 am »

yeah the different throwing weapons were fun in fot but largely useless.

Browning M2 with depleted uranium ammo and 50 Range ftw!

Id like to see some new weapons, i.e. from van buuren, just for model variety. Id be nice to have something like zip gun in fallout tactics

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Zip_Gun

:D

Back to the topic: Throwing knives should cost 3 AP and be good for anything without armor so technically, bluesuits and animals. I disagree with cripple thing, one would yield throwing knifes eyeshot and then just play with the victim :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:56:39 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 03:06:36 pm »

Browning M2 with depleted uranium ammo and 50 Range ftw!

Id like to see some new weapons, i.e. from van buuren, just for model variety. Id be nice to have something like zip gun in fallout tactics

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Zip_Gun

:D

Back to the topic: Throwing knives should cost 3 AP and be good for anything without armor so technically, bluesuits and animals. I disagree with cripple thing, one would yield throwing knifes eyeshot and then just play with the victim :D

is it such a big diffrence in crippling chance between 1 eye shot with a sniper rifle or 2 eye shots per turn with a throwing knife?(4 ap cost). Also bare in mind that throwing knifes have crappy range. I guess that makes the "playing with the victim" quite hard. Also bigguners dont give a shit about crippled eyes since they usually just psycho anyway while their 1 perception still let's them shot with high efficency(due to unaimed bursts)
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 03:11:21 pm »

and don't forget the-27% cth if blinded down payment

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.