"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:26:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Militia, once again  (Read 11639 times)

Militia, once again
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:41 am »

So, i am here with this simple suggestion which can make town fights again a little bit funnier than until now.

Just remove all militia(i mean whole militia feature) for a while from the game and we will see how it will works.

They just destroying TC for those who dont have enough people to kill them, small guirella fights in towns.

Yes they can help during battle, but they are also hard to kill sometimes(really hard).

Just think about it and tell me for what you still need militia and send your opinion here.

Personally, me as Anti PK, i dont need them in town where i have control, also i dont need them anywhere.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Militia, once again
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:49:19 am »

Militia is too powerful.. they should be removed.
+1 to this suggestion.

Edit: You faction takes town to own control so why to use NPC's?
I think it's stupid  >:(
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:51:29 am »

Or perhaps make them cost caps per real life day the money has to be stored in the same place they get the reward, if they run out of money in there the militia leave. Make it costly to keep them there.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:52:30 am »

Or perhaps make them cost caps per real life day the money has to be stored in the same place they get the reward, if they run out of money in there the militia leave. Make it costly to keep them there.
But still they are too powerful.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 10:58:24 am »

Perhaps, but you will undoubtedly see a lot less in towns if there are costs to them, otherwise it may cost more to post so many militia than what you get from TC.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 11:05:21 am »

+1 to this suggestion.

Edit: You faction takes town to own control so why to use NPC's?
I think it's stupid  >:(

Yes. If my faction will take town so we must be enough strong for hold it. It wasnt my idea, with militia.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 11:06:45 am »

It doesnt matter on money, people have bilions.
I dont want some solution where will still be militia. I want towns without them.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 11:15:24 am »

It doesnt matter on money, people have bilions.
I dont want some solution where will still be militia. I want towns without them.
Maybe tribal town?

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 11:26:17 am »

no, seriously. Just let em go on damn holidays for few days and everyone will notice how happy they are without them : >
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:45 am »

no, seriously. Just let em go on damn holidays for few days and everyone will notice how happy they are without them : >

Dont know if it was irony but i WILL BE happy without them.

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:34:34 am »

I agree.

But i bet my grandma, that they will not remove militia, because last time it takes 2 months to lower the countdown timer down by 10 minutes. Removing 20 militia members will take than 4 months.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 11:42:08 am »

I doubt it will be removed altogether although they might consider limiting militia to 5-10 people, a good compromise in my opinion.
I have to admit i miss the days when you would walk into the den and 5-10 people would be there ;(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:46:26 am by Slaver Snipe »

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 11:49:02 am »

Just think about it and tell me for what you still need militia and send your opinion here.

LOL
You know that militia can be killed by only 2 guys ? (1 psycho tank and 1 sniper)
Please be serious men, militia really sucks and can be killed easily.
Militia is useful only to protect the town against lonely PKers or small groups.
Full militia cost 15000 caps  and can be wiped in 2 minutes by anybody.

I agree that there is a problem with Town Control which is very boring at the moment and I don't care if you remove militia but stop saying that militia is too powerful because she is weak, stupid and really bugged.

If you remove militia then you have to change the entire TC system. So please stop saying just "remove militia gna gna gna" and suggest something new.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 12:01:00 pm »

ok i will try to write something with my terrible english :p

we all know that something has to change with TC, becouse existing system is just simple boring and really bad for playing , has noting to do with old good and dynamic PvP fights.
do you remember any good fight in recent months ? this question is for TTTLA+VSB/REDDOTS - becouse only this 2 gangs/organisation playing TC , and this is another problem!

smaller gangs cant join to fun with TC, why ? there is to much problem with that :
- killing militia ( good luck with that without shooting them form building and blocking the doors - very intrested fight with NPC!)
- number to capture city + gear check , we still have problem with that , even with 7-8 players  - so how smaller gangs can do it ?
- reward, yes existing reward is not a reward, just caps and some crapy items who nobody needs. other groups cant afford of risking thir stuff for that.

to be honest i really miss TC with timewindow - there was at least 1-2 fights per day and fights was more dynamic, and much more intresting then existing ones* ( camping small room and waiting for militia )
that system wasnt that bad, just need some improvements..

*sometimes we had even 3 hour battle for den for example, that was something!

example:
every city can be taken 2 times per day, we can set some good hours for every time zones
militia - we really need them ? if yes, their number should growing in everyhour of towncontrol, same as reward
reward - we really need brahmin hides and gold nuggets ? WE NEED AMMO AND WEAPONS !!

ofcourse we can leave existing system, where nobody is really playing. dont see any solututions to fix room camping problem , maybe only by removing militia or adding windows to some buildings ;/

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:22:46 pm by maszrum »
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 12:22:16 pm »

LOL
You know that militia can be killed by only 2 guys ? (1 psycho tank and 1 sniper)
Please be serious men, militia really sucks and can be killed easily.
Militia is useful only to protect the town against lonely PKers or small groups.
Full militia cost 15000 caps  and can be wiped in 2 minutes by anybody.

I agree that there is a problem with Town Control which is very boring at the moment and I don't care if you remove militia but stop saying that militia is too powerful because she is weak, stupid and really bugged.

If you remove militia then you have to change the entire TC system. So please stop saying just "remove militia gna gna gna" and suggest something new.

Its really so easy to kill them without exploit their AI by one-man-blocking-doors-and-others-waiting-in-room-without-window ?

You know how it looks for example in Redding, up from Malamute when they start.
And everything is not about Town Control. Every small fight in any militia town is destroyed. In past two mens can fight four mens, just for fun. Now its impossible, beacuse militia(Modoc, Redding examples)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.