"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 23, 2024, 05:18:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Furnishings!  (Read 1509 times)

Furnishings!
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:32:56 am »

Ok, tents are boring. As hell boring. How about make buyable furniture for it?

How do I think it would work.

1. We would like a table at our tent site.
2. We go to NPC and buy a table (prices to be set)
3. "Table" is a NPC following us, acting as a slave or something
4. We go to our tent site, with the "table" and then using "alt" we move the "table" into desired position.
5. After "table" is where we want it we can talk to him to set the rotation (face - front). After we are finished we talk to him again and "Ok, we're done". NPC dissapears and table drops in his place.

Furniture should have limitet quantity. Especially when it goes to all kinds of storage things like lockers.
Lockers would be expensive as hell.
Workbenches would be even more expensive.
Brahmin pen fences etc. etc.

Just a thought.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
Re: Furnishings!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:04:27 am »

I hav had a similar idea.

but would maybe be better if it start as an item first, and once placed and set, then use science or something to lock it in place. Turning it into scenary.
Cant undo so u would hav to be sure of ur placement.

Also, say maybe science 20 gecko hides at ur tent, for a little upgrade to ur tent, for more storage, maybe a chest in it.

Ox.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 09:08:55 am »

I don't see how geko pelts could turn into Locker :)

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:07:33 am »

These are, in fact, really good ideas, but i think its kinda impossible from the engine point of view.
For example: a table should have blockers then and be a part of the map, so if you wanted to do these kind of customizing, you would need a tentmap for each place of the table and each direction. please correct me if this works in some other way, but from pure logic i think this will be like i described.

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 01:09:31 pm »

guys,furniture was already suggested and even implemented. you could buy some lockers, shelves etc in hub before.this feature was removed and dropped due to some problems with dynamic objects. correct me if my memory failed me.
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

oldsly

• Погибаю, но не сдаюсь
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 02:46:55 pm »

Furniture should have limitet quantity. Especially when it goes to all kinds of storage things like lockers.
Lockers would be expensive as hell.
Workbenches would be even more expensive.
Brahmin pen fences etc. etc.

Just a thought.
does furniture have the limited amount already, want to do this amount anymore on your own?
I can understand if it is desirable to change the place of furniture on a base, keeping indoors outside a base
СЛОВО-ИСТИНЕ, ДУША-БОГУ, ДОЛГ-ОТЕЧЕСТВУ, СЕРДЦЕ-ЖЕНЩИНЕ, ЧЕСТЬ-НИКОМУ

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 03:21:30 pm »

guys,furniture was already suggested and even implemented. you could buy some lockers, shelves etc in hub before.this feature was removed and dropped due to some problems with dynamic objects. correct me if my memory failed me.

Hmm, I recall it was just a bug.

i could be wrong.

ox

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »

I don't see how geko pelts could turn into Locker :)

meanng extra tent bit made out of gecko hides.

i didnt say gecko turn into locker. LOLOLOL read properly.

soz for double post, but to reply to this. :D

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 03:35:29 pm »

I'm fairly sure the current engine doesn't support dynamic maps.  I suppose it would work if the furniture was a follower, like a merc, that didn't take up a companion slot.  But that would be weird.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 03:44:06 pm »

I'm fairly sure the current engine doesn't support dynamic maps.  I suppose it would work if the furniture was a follower, like a merc, that didn't take up a companion slot.  But that would be weird.

but that would be a nice idea. Makin the stuff an npc like a slave that doesnt count to companion slot would solve the problem with the fixed maps. but then you would need meassures to prevent abusing like spamming NCR with tables or other shit.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »

the guards shoot all unowned followers in towns?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 04:52:42 pm »

There are issues, I think, regarding 'dynamic' objects such as placing your own tables, etc. in an already established map.  I don't think it is really possible, which is why such a thing has never been really realized, due mostly to engine limitations.  Thats just what I remember from memory and the type of answers I've picked up on the (many!) threads regarding this sort of thing.

-The only real answer to this being to have a variety of Housing maps, which as you could see lately with the advent and release of SDK, players are helping considerably with.

If you really want variety, sad to say, its probably most helpful if you helped generate interesting (and practical) housing maps for people to peruse.  In this way, hopefully, choice pieces might be worked into game.

And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Galgameth

• Magic Is Everywhere
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 02:18:16 pm »

It would be nice if you could have more types of tent, something simple like instead of using ten Brahmin hides to get a greeny/browny one, 20 gecko hides to make one of the white ones like in Arroyo at the beggining of F2.

Also the implementation of a coastal tent would be nice. If there isn't one already.
May a schizophrenic pop star inject poison into your bookcase!

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 12:38:45 am »

No dynamic maps? So how GMs make APA unreachable even thought it's lying in the middle of the NCR? GM is able to block a hex with anything he wants, locker, table, anything. So why not give that ability to players? Buy a table in Hub, transport it to your tent and voila.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 02:49:22 am »

That is because of something a GM does.  The map did not start that way.  In general it seems, if someone wanted to place 'table' in tent, a GM will have to come and drop it.  Which certainly isn't how a mechanic should work for player consumption.

And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.