"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 16, 2024, 03:28:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Abandoned Military Base  (Read 956 times)

BurntAluminum

• The Intelligence Quotient
Abandoned Military Base
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:25:27 am »

The Mapper doesn't work for me, so I can't even try to make a map describing what I'm talking about, if It works in the future I will update and edit this thread, however for now, worded descriptions.

Overview
So at the moment, I'm thinking something like the base near Navarro, No weird looking buildings or anything fancy just tin walled buildings(The kind you put garages on) and a M.A.S.H. tent or two. The whole area is surrounded by chain linked fence, has plenty of storage, and looks like something a normal(Meaning not Enclave or Brotherhood) Military would have operated before the war.

Functionality
 I'd say give it more than one workbench, a still, a meat table in the mess hall, and fairly intact asphalt roads. There's not much I can think to make gatherable at this base, As a defense mechanic I'd like to place 2 windowed halves of small buildings for window sniping any unwanted guests at the entrance.

Appearance
For decoration one of the buildings can pose as a barracks with several bunk beds, with footlockers at the foot of each one, a do not enter sign on the fence. Howitzers and such will be around, but non functional(Unless the Dev's can actually make a functional howitzer), A pipe dream would be for renderers to make broken military equipment, such as destroyed tanks, bombed out military flatbeds, and absolutely destroyed Jeeps that look like they got shelled by one of the howitzers.

I hope the mapper will start kicking again soon, so I can update this with pictures.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
Re: Abandoned Military Base
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 05:41:37 am »

Whats the Point of the Base?
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

BurntAluminum

• The Intelligence Quotient
Re: Abandoned Military Base
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 01:02:24 am »

Mostly looks, and storage, it could also be defended a little easier with the 2 windowed cover area's, as it makes People in the spawn area visible(So long as they're in the windows small range width), so one can put 2 minigun mercs there, in the event of unwanted visitors, if they don't get shot by the minigun mercs standing at the windows, they will when they run past them, Base could possibly be bought from enclave, since it's semi Navarro style
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.