"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Limit maximal skill%  (Read 16280 times)

Re: Limit maximal skill%
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 06:28:46 am »

Pardon me, but what the intestines is this shit? The way i put it is that youre new to this game, little, tiny, even puny midget that thinks he's experienced with this game. Probably because of this false assumption you take, you die alot by other players what makes you think its unfair, more unbalanced that it actually is and make some ridiculous posts on the forum that would actually make the game...
Thats all from me for now.

All i gathered from this , Quentin... is that you enjoy acting like a complete douchebag , when it is absolutely unwarranted.
WTF

As for the suggestion, This might be the best idea for how to balance the game and combat system I've seen thus far.
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 08:50:47 am »

The numbers need changing and bursts with bigger guns should cost more than bursts with smaller guns because 14AP to shoot a grease gun is not really worth it.

The problem is that people are used to being able to hit with 95% chance from 30 hexes to the eye and after the limit they still want to do it and say everything is broken if they can only hit 95% to eye with sniper rifle from 5 hexes.
Ever tried hitting someone in the fucking eyes while he is moving and is 30 metres away? That shouldn't be 95% chance.

Multiclassing would become popular, town fights will be cat and mouse games with minigunners hidden behind corners and snipers sneaking in a bush. It'll be boring to those who like fast paced "1 click, 1 kill" action, but this would force everyone to start using some tactics. Also this would make standing in SE part of junktown and bursting guards no longer possible.

Fun idea and I'm afraid that the only way to change the game from 95% chance for anything is to limit skills. OR you could do some tinkering in game and make hard limits to how high hit chances can get.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 10:09:23 am »

its s.u.g.g.e.s.t.i.o.n about limiting skill maximal % - (sorry for caps but this is for players to notice) 80% LIMIT IS EXEMPLE. There can be beter to set maximal % in some skill to 120% or even 150%. 14AP is ALSO EXEMPLE - maybe diffrent AP cost will be better - and lots of players thinked that 80% and 14 AP is finnal word. NO. Dont you understand what suggestions are?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2010, 10:22:25 am »

if you are gonna limit skills, i'd say that they should be limited to 225% as tagged skills, and 150 as untagged, and they should also increase the more you use them, receiving half of the bonus skill points per level, but intelligence would matter an amazing bunch depending on how fast your skills would go up.
ex. at 10 INT you have a 10% chance to increase a skill when using it
 at 9 INT you have a 9% chance to do it, and so on
 Skilled feat would give you a 4% bonus chance to increase a skill when using it, educated would give you a +3% chance to increase a skill, so a 10INT, Skilled, 2x Educated has a 20% chance to increase the skill by 1% whnever he uses it.

I mean, it certainly has flaws that has to be ironed out, but i'm just screwing about during a math lecture.
What do you guys think about this?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2010, 10:59:26 am »

I think your idea gordulan can result in only 10INT skilled characters. Also I think 225% is way too much. In my opinion 150% is highest as it should be for weapon skill ( not sure if Big Guns should be allowed that high).

As for gaining % for using skills how about:

- kill 50 scorpoions,geckos, rats, moleratas - gain +50% bonus to outdoorsman
- kill 10 centaurs, floaters aliens - gain +10% to weapons skills
- kill 5 ghouls - gain +5% to weapon skill

Those are suggestion Im not sayin this is how it should be.

You will keep this buffs/bonuses as long as you live - when you die you need kill creatures again to gain buffs/bonuses. This will make players use rad-away to cure radiation after fighting centaurs, visit doctor to fix crippled limbs instead of using death to cure all wounds. This will also incraese thier small maximal level of weapon skill ( 100% is weapon skill max for exemple ;)) . How about this?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2010, 11:44:39 am »

no, it's just that your reasoning is quite flawed, you need at least 200% skill to hit anything at a good rate at the max range of the weapon, and no, not everyone will take the 10INT build, since even with 1 intelligence you can max out your skills, so SPECIAL will play an even bigger role in charachter creation, plus i'd also suggest that the more attacks you dodge the higher ac you can get all the way up to a natural AC of 20 however, you can only get the combat skill advances by using them on NPCs

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:42 pm »

As for gaining % for using skills how about:

- kill 50 scorpoions,geckos, rats, moleratas - gain +50% bonus to outdoorsman
- kill 10 centaurs, floaters aliens - gain +10% to weapons skills
- kill 5 ghouls - gain +5% to weapon skill

Those are suggestion Im not sayin this is how it should be.

You will keep this buffs/bonuses as long as you live - when you die you need kill creatures again to gain buffs/bonuses. This will make players use rad-away to cure radiation after fighting centaurs, visit doctor to fix crippled limbs instead of using death to cure all wounds. This will also incraese thier small maximal level of weapon skill ( 100% is weapon skill max for exemple ;)) . How about this?
You are still swarming us with stupid suggestions ? This will lead only to endless grinding to gain points in skills, which you can lose in a second. So PVP would disappear, because everyone would be afraid not only of losing stuff, but also losing skills.  ::)

Seriously, only good suggestion here was capping % to hit as RavenWolf proposed
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2010, 01:42:40 pm »

Seriously, only good suggestion here was capping % to hit as RavenWolf proposed

nah it wouldnt be good neither, since if it would be like 80% max, snipers would make same knockouts same damage if hit, and big gunners would always do less damage. And current system is fine so wtf  with these suggestions anyway?

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2010, 01:49:28 pm »

Yeah, but miss and hit IS a difference  ;)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2010, 01:52:37 pm »

Removed spam.

If you ain't got nothing to say, or things like "Did you forget your pills today" etc. then don't post here.
If you don't like the things that are suggested here, but have some valid arguments, feel free to post it in a proper way.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2010, 01:57:45 pm »

Removed spam.

If you ain't got nothing to say, or things like "Did you forget your pills today" etc. then don't post here.
If you don't like the things that are suggested here, but have some valid arguments, feel free to post it in a proper way.

dont you think that best suggestion would be to close this topic now?
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2010, 02:00:07 pm »

Somehow it reminds me this idea and it has some point.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.545 seconds with 26 queries.